Tony Covey MGS

The OFFICIAL US Open Discussion Thread

Oh and txgolfjunkie, winning score might well be level. If they don't water the course much then it's going to be very very hard indeed over the weekend.

Stenson with a strong finish to his round! Good for him, he's one of those players that nobody ever really talks about but his game is up there with the best.

This course looks like a blast. Too bad I'm stuck at work and can't see live TV yet

Fox Sports Go app...hop on wifi and stream that beast. My co-workers keep thinking I'm staring at my crotch...I'm really just watching the tourney on my phone. 

• Like 1

Patrick Reed with a great finish as well!  After such a hot start to the season, he has cooled down a bit as of late.  Great round by him today.  Can't wait to see what Tiger has in store for us during this afternoon wave! Should be fun to watch.... Or fun to watch him suffer!

I am hoping for a -5 or lower...love low scoring majors.

I love over par majors!

High scores!!!!!

• Like 1

I love over par majors!

High scores!!!!!

Ah... So you like too see them suffer? Haha

Pulling for Phil. Would be nice to see him win. DJ is looking good though. May be tough to beat if he keeps it up.

Ricky Fowler needs to buy his girlfriend a double cheeseburger, can you say thin!!!

I mean come on I know she is a model but damn.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ellison425

• By GolfSpy STUDque
      From the news feed today.
      It's sad that the first time I've heard this story was for Forest Fezler's passing but I'm glad to have read it nonetheless (I'm actually younger than the event itself 😊). Besides the fact that he had a hell of a golfer name, I think it's so awesome he had the guts to publicly throw a middle finger to the USGA in its biggest event. It's one thing to do it before missing the cut, it's another to do en route to a runner up finish on the 72nd hole. 
      I'm sure this was quite controversial when it happened but could you imagine how bad it would be if someone did it now??? Social media would explode.

Check out the full story here: CLICK HERE

• By ronin1120
      Phil had a presser the other day and said that the USGA should use a "halfer" instead of the Stimpmeter to measure green speed. Anyone have any idea what a "halfer" is and how it works. Or, is Phil trolling every golfer in the world? 

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/phil-shinnecock-no-7-great-hole-until-usga-gets-hold-it/

thanks,

Charlie
    • By MGoBlue100
      Got a little inside info from a friend working with the maintenance boys at Shinnecock; cutting the fairways at .350", and the greens at .095   Except....  two greens will be cut at .105    One of those is almost certainly the seventh, site of the debacle in the last US Open held here.  Don't know which other green is getting this treatment.
    • By mwsb1998
      I was lucky enough to win the grand prize for the Masters round of the #SpyStaffSlam year long contest.  The prize was ANY set of Wilson irons custom built to my specs.  This probably won't be a great review, for that I apologize.  The "challenge" I had was last fall I was custom fit for a set of Mizuno JPX 900 forged irons, so I wasn't in the market for a new set of irons.  However, I needed to get my 12 year old son a new set as he's outgrown his junior set.  I was trying to figure this out for some time in terms of what to get him, senior/ladies/reg flex, a teen set, length and all of those things that had to be figured out with a pre-teen, not to mention that he's a lefty.  So I opted to use this chance to get him his irons (yes, I was very jealous - my first real set came from Kmart).  After looking at all the incredible choices Wilson offers I settled on the C300. These are beautiful irons for sure, and I elected not to get him the forged as the regular ones, as far as I researched, seemed to have some more forgiveness.  The challenge now is what to do with length, lie and flex.  I do not live close to a fitter so I had to take the static measurements, and research online.  I decided to go with the XP90 regular flex shaft as it seemed to be on the lighter side for, but also a regular flex so he can continue to grow into them.  The stock length of these irons is long (7 iron is 37.5" compared to my standard length of my JPX 900 which is 36.75"). So I had them cut .75" short, which made them just .25" shorter than my set.  He still needs to choke down on them, but they're more manageable.  To compensate for his height and the length of the clubs, I had them set at 1* flat.  For grips I got him the standard wilson grip.  These are beautiful clubs!  He was ready to go hit them right away and so we went out.  It will take some getting used to for sure, but it will come.  So while I cannot give you a full review of performance, the process was simple and they were shipped quickly and to spec. He is now set for this year and many to come and I am so looking forward to playing golf with him and my daughter for many years. Thank you My Golf Spy and Wilson for the amazing prize! It's the closest thing to winning the lottery as I'll ever get.

• By Sammy 1977
      Hi Everyone,

Join a Free U.S. Open Public League I set up - Pick any 6 players - 

https://www.playnbrag.com/league/join_us/Mzk5Mg==

And let's see who comes out on Top 
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!