TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hello, I am a new member from West Texas. I am 68 and retired with a 6 handicap. I play the Taylormade SLDR driver and an ACER XS 3 wood with a stiff shaft. I have played the Ping Eye 2 irons since I bought them in 1987. I have never seen an iron head that I liked better. I have changed the shafts in them 4 times myself and am currently playing the True Temper XP 115 with a S300 shaft. My handicap would be lower except I have the yips.

P1010699.JPG

P1010701.JPG

Welcome chasbal!  You are out in the middle of nowhere!  Glad to have you aboard.  Love the Ping Eye 2 irons; played them back in the 1990's.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Welcome to MGS chasbal.  Enjoy the Forum and contribute when you can.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Welcome! I'm familiar with Fort Stockton only because I'm into storm chasing and a lot of storms in the early spring develop right over your small town.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Welcome! I'm familiar with Fort Stockton only because I'm into storm chasing and a lot of storms in the early spring develop right over your small town.

Wait a minute. you are into storm chasing? The wife has been trying to get me to let her go every year. 

Wait a minute. you are into storm chasing? The wife has been trying to get me to let her go every year. 

Yea man! I'm sort of a weather geek (amongst other things) too. There's a website that you can go to and there is always people live steaming their chases. For now I've lived vicariously though them but I find myself noticing a lot more day to day here in Ohio when it storms.

Edit : sounds like we're going to need to take a spring vacation to the OKC/TX area to chase one spring!

Yea man! I'm sort of a weather geek (amongst other things) too. There's a website that you can go to and there is always people live steaming their chases. For now I've lived vicariously though them but I find myself noticing a lot more day to day here in Ohio when it storms.

Edit : sounds like we're going to need to take a spring vacation to the OKC/TX area to chase one spring!

Funny. I'm a meteorologist. I've storm chased a ton of storms. I missed an EF4 tornado by only a few miles once plus driven through a true dust storm. Both times I feared for my life. Trust me on this, you need to have one trained meteorologist with you. I can't tell you how dangerous it is, even for us. 

Hello, I am a new member from West Texas. I am 68 and retired with a 6 handicap. I play the Taylormade SLDR driver and an ACER XS 3 wood with a stiff shaft. I have played the Ping Eye 2 irons since I bought them in 1987. I have never seen an iron head that I liked better. I have changed the shafts in them 4 times myself and am currently playing the True Temper XP 115 with a S300 shaft. My handicap would be lower except I have the yips.

Welcome.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Funny. I'm a meteorologist. I've storm chased a ton of storms. I missed an EF4 tornado by only a few miles once plus driven through a true dust storm. Both times I feared for my life. Trust me on this, you need to have one trained meteorologist with you. I can't tell you how dangerous it is, even for us.

Welcome.

My wife is finishing up her atmospheric science degree and I still won't let her go :)

Welcome to the forum chasbol!

Maybe some of you storm chasers noticed some interesting activity in South Dakota this weekend.  We had to clear some of our shelter-belt from the road before we could get to town yesterday morning.  Even more powerful storms out west.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Welcome, nice bag. Played those Eye twos a long time myslef. Frankly they were my favorite iron ever, don't know why I got rid of them. Great to have you here.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Couldn't agree more and wouldn't even think of it!

My wife is finishing up her atmospheric science degree and I still won't let her go :)

Sounds like I've found one! Or at the very least a piece of my team haha.

Archived