Our Sponsors

Hello, I am a new member from West Texas. I am 68 and retired with a 6 handicap. I play the Taylormade SLDR driver and an ACER XS 3 wood with a stiff shaft. I have played the Ping Eye 2 irons since I bought them in 1987. I have never seen an iron head that I liked better. I have changed the shafts in them 4 times myself and am currently playing the True Temper XP 115 with a S300 shaft. My handicap would be lower except I have the yips.

P1010699.JPG

P1010701.JPG

• Like 2

Welcome chasbal!  You are out in the middle of nowhere!  Glad to have you aboard.  Love the Ping Eye 2 irons; played them back in the 1990's.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I used to live in Dallas and Houston Texas for 28 years, but I love it in out here in no where

Welcome to MGS chasbal.  Enjoy the Forum and contribute when you can.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Welcome! I'm familiar with Fort Stockton only because I'm into storm chasing and a lot of storms in the early spring develop right over your small town.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Welcome! I'm familiar with Fort Stockton only because I'm into storm chasing and a lot of storms in the early spring develop right over your small town.

Wait a minute. you are into storm chasing? The wife has been trying to get me to let her go every year. 

Wait a minute. you are into storm chasing? The wife has been trying to get me to let her go every year. 

Yea man! I'm sort of a weather geek (amongst other things) too. There's a website that you can go to and there is always people live steaming their chases. For now I've lived vicariously though them but I find myself noticing a lot more day to day here in Ohio when it storms.

Edit : sounds like we're going to need to take a spring vacation to the OKC/TX area to chase one spring!

• Like 1

Yea man! I'm sort of a weather geek (amongst other things) too. There's a website that you can go to and there is always people live steaming their chases. For now I've lived vicariously though them but I find myself noticing a lot more day to day here in Ohio when it storms.

Edit : sounds like we're going to need to take a spring vacation to the OKC/TX area to chase one spring!

Funny. I'm a meteorologist. I've storm chased a ton of storms. I missed an EF4 tornado by only a few miles once plus driven through a true dust storm. Both times I feared for my life. Trust me on this, you need to have one trained meteorologist with you. I can't tell you how dangerous it is, even for us. 

Hello, I am a new member from West Texas. I am 68 and retired with a 6 handicap. I play the Taylormade SLDR driver and an ACER XS 3 wood with a stiff shaft. I have played the Ping Eye 2 irons since I bought them in 1987. I have never seen an iron head that I liked better. I have changed the shafts in them 4 times myself and am currently playing the True Temper XP 115 with a S300 shaft. My handicap would be lower except I have the yips.

Welcome.

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Funny. I'm a meteorologist. I've storm chased a ton of storms. I missed an EF4 tornado by only a few miles once plus driven through a true dust storm. Both times I feared for my life. Trust me on this, you need to have one trained meteorologist with you. I can't tell you how dangerous it is, even for us.

Welcome.

My wife is finishing up her atmospheric science degree and I still won't let her go :)

Welcome to the forum chasbol!

Maybe some of you storm chasers noticed some interesting activity in South Dakota this weekend.  We had to clear some of our shelter-belt from the road before we could get to town yesterday morning.  Even more powerful storms out west.

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

Welcome, nice bag. Played those Eye twos a long time myslef. Frankly they were my favorite iron ever, don't know why I got rid of them. Great to have you here.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Couldn't agree more and wouldn't even think of it!

My wife is finishing up her atmospheric science degree and I still won't let her go :)

Sounds like I've found one! Or at the very least a piece of my team haha.