TESTERS WANTED! ×

Renegar Wedges

revkev

Okay I'm sure that I'm not the only one who got an email from MGS today that pertained to Renegar wedges and a discount.  Personally I have no issues receiving such emails - if interested I can look into it and if not - not - so this thread is not meant to bring hate or like -

Instead I'd like to hear from someone who has hit or better has gamed or games one of these wedges.  My game would be better suited with a 58 in the bag.  I'm considering two options either a SCOR 58 on ebay or an Hogan 58 - I'd consider Renegar with this offer - similar concept I think but different look.

Thanks in advance.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I got it as well.......Revolution Golf has been proting the Renegar Wedges for some time as well.   That said, I really like my SCOR Wedges and do not plan on any changes in the near future.  

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Love my SCOR wedges Foz but as you know I have a gap between my 53 and my 60 - I only use the 60 out of traps and around the green.  So I've learned to be very creative with the 53 but it would be better to have a 58. 

I suppose I could just order a 58 and try it for a month but I'd rather have some feedback from a user first. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I used to have 56 and 60 Ping wedges but then I bought my Ping i20's 5-GW and the GW was 50.  So, when I tried the SCORs and loved them, I bought a 54 and 58.  They were a nice fit.  Glad I didn't go with a 60.  So, then I added more SCORs; 50, 46, 42.  

When you guys get done testing the Hogans, I will make a decision about replacing the i20's.  I like the Pings, but love the feel of the SCORs.  I will have to travel to give them a try and see a fitter.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My gap (as of today) is 53* & 60*, but they're 2 totally different wedges and the gap is working well for me.

I dropped my 48* SCOR for the Alpha RX-1 pitching wedge when I changed shafts and wasn't effective out of bunkers with either the SCOR 53* or 58*, so now I'm bagging the 53* SCOR and 60* Miura.

That said, I've been intrigued by the Rengar's for quite awhile, just haven't seen any around to demo and now I'm not really pressed to make any changes, for now.

I'm pretty sure that if I make any changes to what I'm currently playing anytime soon, it will be determined by an Edel wedge fitting ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Love my SCOR wedges Foz but as you know I have a gap between my 53 and my 60 - I only use the 60 out of traps and around the green.  So I've learned to be very creative with the 53 but it would be better to have a 58. 

I suppose I could just order a 58 and try it for a month but I'd rather have some feedback from a user first. 

Got that email as well. No way I can afford $185 a wedge. Curious though, why would you go 53, 58 and 60? Not much gaping there?

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Got that email as well. No way I can afford $185 a wedge. Curious though, why would you go 53, 58 and 60? Not much gaping there?

In a rain delay, I'd ditch the 60 and make the 58 my highest lofted wedge. I'd be going 44,48,53,58 at the end of my bag. The 60 is not much help on full shots at this point.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Okay I'm sure that I'm not the only one who got an email from MGS today that pertained to Renegar wedges and a discount.  Personally I have no issues receiving such emails - if interested I can look into it and if not - not - so this thread is not meant to bring hate or like -

Instead I'd like to hear from someone who has hit or better has gamed or games one of these wedges.  My game would be better suited with a 58 in the bag.  I'm considering two options either a SCOR 58 on ebay or an Hogan 58 - I'd consider Renegar with this offer - similar concept I think but different look.

Thanks in advance.

Not that I'm a poster boy for skilled wedge work, but I got a Renegar 60 wedge last summer and after a brief adjustment period, it is now my club of choice from fairway and rough inside 50 yards (other than bump and runs).  It sucks out of the sand (for me), but I love it otherwise and have a lot of confidence in it.  Great out the thick bermuda rough we have around here.  I can't seem to do anything else well lately, but my wedge play has been pretty darn good.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I knew I had seen one of those wedges somewhere! Just remember the pros tip from our round at Sawgrass, short back, long through. It's been working for me.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 2 weeks later...

The 52 degree arrived Friday,  went to the course on Sunday with a brand new club,  no practice,  then it performed flawlessly on its one and only use of the day.  In summary,  I am very happy with the 52,  56 and 60 degree wedges.  At this time of the year,  we have Bermuda in Az,  and am having no issues getting through the turf / rough. I Iike the increased length,  and the fact they are all the same length. In addition,  i feel the increased weight is most helpful.  Hitting off hard pan (i.e.  no grass),  just fine,  and in the sand they perform (operator excepted).  All in all a good set of wedges.

I'm glad they are working Mundinger - my first experience with the 58 was NG - I didn't like the additional weight and the head is huge compared to my scores.  The one thing that the wedge did well was digging the ball out of our thick Bermuda rough.  I'm not even close to giving up though.  I'm playing tomorrow and Friday with my normal wedges but will have at the Renegar after those rounds.  I should have lots of opportunity to practice with it then and see what I actually think of it.  Perhaps I will try putting it in play next Tuesday.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived