Just a little Father's Day Gift from TaylorMade

• SPY VIP

Fedex dropped this off a little bit ago. Just a little something from TaylorMade.

As a total ballsnob it almost pains me to admit that this is a ball I'm really starting to come around on. Probably should spend a bit more time with it. The greenside spin is fantastic.

projecta-1.jpg

projecta-2.jpg

projecta-3.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

What was on the flash drive?

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

*checks mailbox* Guess I need to have more kids? ;)

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Have you guys talked about or considered doing a test on golf balls? Would be interesting with all the golf ball talk lately with Snell and others. I'd love to see some numbers ;)

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes

Have you guys talked about or considered doing a test on golf balls? Would be interesting with all the golf ball talk lately with Snell and others. I'd love to see some numbers ;)

I'm part of the Wilson test group. I can't quantify my numbers but can tell you theres a difference. Personally I think hard data is tough to come by especially with humans. 

Perhaps doing a soft data test would be more appropriate:  Get ten golfers and give them the test. Rank each ball 1-10 on driver distance (that you can use a range finder), driver spin (perhaps launch monitor or the eye ball test, wedge spin (trust me you can tell the difference between a 330RX and Prov1x and putter feel (soft vs hard). Add them up and rank them. This way you have a side by side comparison of spin distance and feel so you can find a group of balls that fits your needs.

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

For sure. I'm testing the Snell My Tour Ball against my beloved Prov1x and the Srixon Z Star XV. I can feel the difference between them. The Snell feels really good but I'm not generating enough spin on my wedges with it while the Srixon also feels fine with the putter and spins well with the wedges but a little too much spin off the driver. The Pro V1x seems to do all these things right (as of now but that can change). I'm still going to have some fun trying these balls out. 

Although I am having fun, nobody does testing quite like MGS. I'd rather get the facts from the experts ;)

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes

Exactly. you don't need compression charts and spin rates if you have good enough peer testing. 

For sure. I'm testing the Snell My Tour Ball against my beloved Prov1x and the Srixon Z Star XV. I can feel the difference between them. The Snell feels really good but I'm not generating enough spin on my wedges with it while the Srixon also feels fine with the putter and spins well with the wedges but a little too much spin off the driver. The Pro V1x seems to do all these things right (as of now but that can change). I'm still going to have some fun trying these balls out. 

Although I am having fun, nobody does testing quite like MGS. I'd rather get the facts from the experts ;)

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours