TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hecklers at chambers bay

JspartansC

so do they not enforce rules at this course?? If it's not a putt putt course it's a hecklers paradise.

Two days in and literally every shot is accompanied by a moron screaming something stupid.

It's like those vuvuzelas from the South African World Cup...just ruining some enjoyment.

They tried like heck to make it as close to an Open Championship as possible with the course, conditions, and how people can spectate. Unfortunately they still had to use Americans for the actual spectators.

Maybe this is another reason why the open has not been in the northwest for quite sometime....the people....

It won't go back anytime soon either after the dumbasses and the crap greens. There will be a ton of complaints.

Side note: some hecklers have actually been funny.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Hey now. Not only pacific northwesterners are in the open as spectators!!

But! I have noticed a lot of events having that problem. Last one Rose was heckled before his putt and seems to have continued.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

As far as the course goes it is perfect right now plenty of people under par. This is a US Open, not Agusta- then again Agusta is too pretty for my taste. No rough? What's that about. Only major that is played on the same course year in and year out. I'd like to see it removed.

unpopular opinion? Absolutely.

My Mixed-Bag:

I just said Americans not Pacific North Westerners! LOL

Americans are rude, disrespectful people. It's the truth. They'll do anything to get on TV.

Whoa there! We may be drunk idiots at sporting events sometimes but nothing is more crazy than European soccer hooligans.

• SPY VIP

Maybe if golfers wish to continue to be considered athletes and paid like athletes, they should maybe be subject to the same conditions as other athletes.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not a huge fan of the whole mashed potatoes thing...but Poulter getting called Sally after leaving a putt short...should be fair game. Golf is sport, and part of the reason why it's not bigger is the expectation that fans conduct themselves like they're having high tea with the queen.

Sergio wants to cry about the greens, he shouldn't be immune from hearing about it. For better or worse, taunting is a part of actual sports, and golf needs to get over the idea that it should somehow be any different.

And seriously...does anyone actually believe this is an american phenomenon? If anything we're perhaps more guilty than the rest of the world of treating golf like the rest of our sports, but as far as global sports as a whole...Americans go easy.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

As long as it's not during a shot, guess it's not more than you would be subjected to by your own group

My Mixed-Bag:

T - got huge respect for you, but you will not hear this nonsense at a European event. Mind you listen to what we say to our soccer players and you'd blush!

Now, the Ryder cup is different and frankly I think we've been as guilty as the U.S. Supporters for some of the 'banter'.

But go to the Open, or a European tour event and you won't hear this shouting cr@p.

However, I agree that a bit of a laugh with the players is different from shouting - players should be thick skinned to an extent; as long as it doesn't become personal. I love that U.S. Events have great Gallery holes, beer being drunk and it's fun - more of that in Europe please.

What Justin Rose suffered two weeks ago was a low point for me in professional golf - I suspect he'd still have lost but he shouldn't have to suffer that distraction.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I've been to many PGA events from when I was very young to now (30). My dad was head of volunteer security at all the tournaments at Firestone so I've had my fair share of access to players and cool places to watch.

That being said - I can't STAND the "mashed potato" crap. A little heckling if a player is being a baby or something fine. But just randomly yelling crap right as a player is making contact is not only stupid but frankly its rude. This is a topic that seriously gets my blood boiling haha.

I don't mind things like the stadium par 3 in Phoenix or something but every tournament and every hole it seems like - especially with the popular groups is - is just way to much. I wish they'd throw those dumb ass people out.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Yep, I fully agree with what Westy has said.  You yanks have the patent on loud mouthed obnoxious fans at golf tournaments.  It goes back to Tigers early years and some bone head yelling out "your the man" and "get in the hole" every time he hit the ball or swung a club.  And then of course you then had all the copycat dropkicks who thought "wow that's really cool" and here in Australia any televised tournament was fair game and so it spread like a virus around the world.

I remember one of our touring pros who had a purple patch in the early 2000's by the name of Craig Parry (won at Doral 2002) talked about playing at the Masters and couldn't believe how parochial the fans were.  He had the first round lead and during the second round he had fans coughing in his back swing standing on his ball etc and Masters fans are some of the best behaved in the game.  It was one of many reasons that he stopped playing on the PGA tour apparently.

I think we have a reasonable expectation given the traditions that the game is rooted in to expect fans of the game to behave in a certain way, lets call it a little more reserved than say football or boxing.  I don't expect anyone to act like they are having high tea with the queen just to act in a civilised manner and to treat the players with respect and how they would like to be treated.  Why people have to get drunk, obnoxious and loud as fans is beyond me and you do have to do any of that to have fun and enjoy yourself.  You can take that from an ex drunk who knows ;)

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Yep, I fully agree with what Westy has said.  You yanks have the patent on loud mouthed obnoxious fans at golf tournaments.  It goes back to Tigers early years and some bone head yelling out "your the man" and "get in the hole" every time he hit the ball or swung a club.  And then of course you then had all the copycat dropkicks who thought "wow that's really cool" and here in Australia any televised tournament was fair game and so it spread like a virus around the world.

I remember one of our touring pros who had a purple patch in the early 2000's by the name of Craig Parry (won at Doral 2002) talked about playing at the Masters and couldn't believe how parochial the fans were.  He had the first round lead and during the second round he had fans coughing in his back swing standing on his ball etc and Masters fans are some of the best behaved in the game.  It was one of many reasons that he stopped playing on the PGA tour apparently.

I think we have a reasonable expectation given the traditions that the game is rooted in to expect fans of the game to behave in a certain way, lets call it a little more reserved than say football or boxing.  I don't expect anyone to act like they are having high tea with the queen just to act in a civilised manner and to treat the players with respect and how they would like to be treated.  Why people have to get drunk, obnoxious and loud as fans is beyond me and you do have to do any of that to have fun and enjoy yourself.  You can take that from an ex drunk who knows ;)

My Bag

Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.

My Bag

Oh dear the dreaded multiple post.  Is it possible to delete multiple posts after they are done?  If yes how?

My Bag

Hahahaha triple post indeed mate, that's why I wanted to delete them so my post count is honest like my card.  Feels like the equivalent of a triple bogey - what a dick!  Just noticed I got my organ donor thingy whatsaname.  Bewdy! :)

My Bag

Hey we could make Triple Poster the official jeer of MGS!

Let's see alcohol, 30k plus people in the sun for six hours equals.......

So long as it doesn't happen during a players routine and swing who cares? For that matter we have guys standing 60 feet apart one with a bat another throwing a ball 100 mph and people are screaming the whole time. Golfers need to forget about what the fans are doing and focus on the task at hand. It's part of the job.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I know I started this post, but the problem for me is that its super annoying to hear idiots on TV. I think the golfers should be able to play with noise, but the ridiculous loud one person outburst is ridiculous on every shot for every golfer on the course.....i just hate hearing it on TV because, as we all know, it is "one of those guys" that always do it

Well you can call me old fashioned because I guess I am old school and darn proud of it! I can remember going to a bunch of tournaments in my teen years The old Kemper Open in Charlotte and every year to the GGO in Greensboro NC. I even went to The Masters 4 times in those years. I can remember at all tournaments the fans were all well behaved and polite none of this "babbalooey" and "you are the man' crap. You would hear "get in the hole" if a player came close with a putt or a short shot not 400 yards out. Never ever in all the events I went to heard a player heckled. I guess society has changed in general and it has filtered down into golf. I can remember when "Golf was a gentleman's game" ( no political incorrectness intended) and the fans reflected that

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I've just remembered I got thrown out of a cricket match once for drunken behaviour so I've decided to wind my head in a bit on this subject.

As the triple posting mizuno lover will understand - getting thrown out of Lords (think it was a test match with South Africa) was a pretty low point. Lords is a bit unusual in that you can take a bottle of champagne or wine in with you, I'd drunk mine before play started and had been off to get a bottle of wine from the Wolf Blass stand for the start of play at 11am. visited several more times during the day - turns out all day wine drinking doesn't make you behave well.

However, bantering is fine - shouting like a dick not so much (whether it's me at cricket or someone at the golf).

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I am glad this has been brought up.

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

Hahahaha triple post indeed mate, that's why I wanted to delete them so my post count is honest like my card.  Feels like the equivalent of a triple bogey - what a dick!  Just noticed I got my organ donor thingy whatsaname.  Bewdy! :)

Way off topic but how did everyone get MGS Donor thing on their profile? I've donated a few times and nothing has showed up on mine.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Way off topic but how did everyone get MGS Donor thing on their profile? I've donated a few times and nothing has showed up on mine.

I was thinking that just today too Under :)

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Undershooter I posted on a thread in "everything else" that GolfspyX started thanking people for their generosity and bingo mine came up.

My Bag

I know I started this post, but the problem for me is that its super annoying to hear idiots on TV. I think the golfers should be able to play with noise, but the ridiculous loud one person outburst is ridiculous on every shot for every golfer on the course.....i just hate hearing it on TV because, as we all know, it is "one of those guys" that always do it

The things they yell after every shot has been said before- I mark them down for a lack of creativity.

My Mixed-Bag:

Organ Donor Thingy????  HOLY CRAP! You are really giving blood, sweat and organs apparently..........

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

I'd love to have plains clothes security guys with hand held tazers taking care of these idiots!

Hell i would volunteer to be that guy with the tazer, As long as the PGA pays my airfair and hotel......I will taze whomever needs it.  

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Archived