Hecklers at chambers bay

Our Sponsors

Well you can call me old fashioned because I guess I am old school and darn proud of it! I can remember going to a bunch of tournaments in my teen years The old Kemper Open in Charlotte and every year to the GGO in Greensboro NC. I even went to The Masters 4 times in those years. I can remember at all tournaments the fans were all well behaved and polite none of this "babbalooey" and "you are the man' crap. You would hear "get in the hole" if a player came close with a putt or a short shot not 400 yards out. Never ever in all the events I went to heard a player heckled. I guess society has changed in general and it has filtered down into golf. I can remember when "Golf was a gentleman's game" ( no political incorrectness intended) and the fans reflected that

• Like 2

Driver --- TM M-6 Evenflow 5.5 R 45 gr--- 4W Adams Tight Lies 16* Bassara 55g R flex-- 5W Adams Tight Lies 19* Bassara 55g R Flex--- Irons 5 thru PW Taylor Made TP CB ( 2018)  Steelfiber I 95 R Flex--- GW Callaway X Jaws CC 52* stock steel shaft--- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400--- Putter Scotty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft "Rusty" Bag Old School Jones Classic 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

T - got huge respect for you, but you will not hear this nonsense at a European event. Mind you listen to what we say to our soccer players and you'd blush!   Now, the Ryder cup is different and fr

Maybe if golfers wish to continue to be considered athletes and paid like athletes, they should maybe be subject to the same conditions as other athletes.   Don't get me wrong...I'm not a huge fan o

They tried like heck to make it as close to an Open Championship as possible with the course, conditions, and how people can spectate. Unfortunately they still had to use Americans for the actual spec

I've just remembered I got thrown out of a cricket match once for drunken behaviour so I've decided to wind my head in a bit on this subject.

As the triple posting mizuno lover will understand - getting thrown out of Lords (think it was a test match with South Africa) was a pretty low point. Lords is a bit unusual in that you can take a bottle of champagne or wine in with you, I'd drunk mine before play started and had been off to get a bottle of wine from the Wolf Blass stand for the start of play at 11am. visited several more times during the day - turns out all day wine drinking doesn't make you behave well.

However, bantering is fine - shouting like a dick not so much (whether it's me at cricket or someone at the golf).

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I am glad this has been brought up.

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

Hahahaha triple post indeed mate, that's why I wanted to delete them so my post count is honest like my card.  Feels like the equivalent of a triple bogey - what a dick!  Just noticed I got my organ donor thingy whatsaname.  Bewdy! :)

Way off topic but how did everyone get MGS Donor thing on their profile? I've donated a few times and nothing has showed up on mine.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

Way off topic but how did everyone get MGS Donor thing on their profile? I've donated a few times and nothing has showed up on mine.

I was thinking that just today too Under :)

• Like 1

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Undershooter I posted on a thread in "everything else" that GolfspyX started thanking people for their generosity and bingo mine came up.

• Like 2

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

I know I started this post, but the problem for me is that its super annoying to hear idiots on TV. I think the golfers should be able to play with noise, but the ridiculous loud one person outburst is ridiculous on every shot for every golfer on the course.....i just hate hearing it on TV because, as we all know, it is "one of those guys" that always do it

The things they yell after every shot has been said before- I mark them down for a lack of creativity.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Rogue 9*, UST chrome 7F5T 

Fairway:     :taylormade-small: M5 3 wood, UST chrome 7F5T

Irons:        :titelist-small: TMB 3i &  :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     :titelist-small: Voke SM7 LTD Jet Black 

Putter:       :bettinardi-small: Queen Bee #9

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Hahahaha triple post indeed mate, that's why I wanted to delete them so my post count is honest like my card.  Feels like the equivalent of a triple bogey - what a dick!  Just noticed I got my organ donor thingy whatsaname.  Bewdy! :)

Organ Donor Thingy????  HOLY CRAP! You are really giving blood, sweat and organs apparently..........

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

I'd love to have plains clothes security guys with hand held tazers taking care of these idiots!

Hell i would volunteer to be that guy with the tazer, As long as the PGA pays my airfair and hotel......I will taze whomever needs it.  

• Like 2

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

It's an education thing though isn't it?

And I'm in danger of sounding like a classic Englishman here (for clarity I'm not posh, rich and my school wasn't like hog warts). Bu

If some of the PGA tour players who were well supported; fowler, Spieth, Johnson et al just said a few words now again about how it's great to be supported but there's some great ways of doing it and some not so much. Hey guys cheer for me and tell me I've hit a good shot (when your sure I have) - but there's nothing worse than hitting it in the cr@p and your screaming about mashed spuds.

Nothing is achieved by someone like Monty walking round like thunder - it needs to be polite and friendly. In fact all players need to unite and say the same thing or it doesn't work.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

I will add something to my previous post. I watch European golf on TV early on Sunday sometimes when preparing for my sound board duties at church. Is it me? because I have seemed to notice the European and Asian crowds seem to be more polite like it used to be here

• Like 2

Driver --- TM M-6 Evenflow 5.5 R 45 gr--- 4W Adams Tight Lies 16* Bassara 55g R flex-- 5W Adams Tight Lies 19* Bassara 55g R Flex--- Irons 5 thru PW Taylor Made TP CB ( 2018)  Steelfiber I 95 R Flex--- GW Callaway X Jaws CC 52* stock steel shaft--- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400--- Putter Scotty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft "Rusty" Bag Old School Jones Classic 

I will add something to my previous post. I watch European golf on TV early on Sunday sometimes when preparing for my sound board duties at church. Is it me? because I have seemed to notice the European and Asian crowds seem to be more polite like it used to be here

No i noticed it as well and that's why I stated that in my comment. Seattle is known for having loud fans- Think Seattle Seahawks and their LOB/12th man/etc. No surprise here. Nice weather, virgin tourney so it's amateur hour for fans and also volunteers, and that means alcohol consumption was probably at max capacity and then some. Everything within this tournament was to be a learning experience.

I also watch European golf on Sunday morning, but I do it from bed with a cup of coffee with Baileys.   :)   Hey! It's 6am!!!

I agree that European/Middle East/South African fans are more polite, but I would have to say that the Asian venues (particularly China) can be a little distracting to the pros.  Lots of cell phones and loud talking while setting up for a shot.  I guess golf is such a new market for them that the crowds haven't developed the traditions associated with golf etiquette.  Of course, a lot of people here in the States play golf that don't know golf etiquette either!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

None of this is new here. I remember when Greg Norman called a fan out at the first US Open at Shinnecock in the Early 80's. He swore he'd never come back to the metro NYC area. But there he was again choking it away the next time it was held in NY.

I would not heckle a player but I do think the guys on tour need to develope thicker skin. I have all sorts of stuff going on when I preach. It wasn't like that 25 years ago, it is now. We could ban all movement and sound from the sanctuary and frankly that would make some people happy. But guess what? No one would come.

I fear that may be where golf is heading if it doesn't learn to adapt. Commercials with some of the more popular players might be helpful particularly if they could be played on the digital on course score boards periodically during the day.

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

My organ donor comment was my weak attempt at humour Bogey in the woods. 

• Like 1

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

My organ donor comment was my weak attempt at humour Bogey in the woods. 

I knew brother. 

Thought maybe you were into a WHOLE different level of donation!!!!!!! B)

• Like 1

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

I don't anyone likes it when people yell things right after impact. The players probably don't like it, the vast majority of the spectators don't like, the commentators don't like and people watching at home don't like it. At one point once upon a time, yelling things might have been funny....that time has long passed. That said, it's hard to stop people from yelling things without taking some of the energy away from the tournament atmosphere. In an ideal world, people would have some sense to know when it's alright to make some noise and when it's not.....additionally they would have some sense to know what kind of noise to make. The PGA tour and the tournament officials don't want to be in the position of having to make judgement calls about people being stupid, but that's exactly what they have to do. 

Presently, I think it's a little hard on the players to be expecting a loud yell immediately at impact. It shouldn't be a big factor for them, but it's a distraction that shouldn't be there. 

• Like 2

In my Bag

Driver- Taylormade RBZ 10.5 w/ Matrix Black Tie Stiff

3 Wood- Taylormade R11s 15 w/ Matore Speeder 7.3 Stiff

Hybrids- Adams Super LS 19 w/ Kuro Kage Stiff      Adams Super 9031 23 w/ Diamana D+ Stiff

Irons- Mizuno MP-60 5-9 w/ TT Black Gold Stiff

Wedges- Scor 48,51,55,59 KBS Genius Stiff

Putter- Rife Aussie

Ball- ProV1x

I'd like to see a balance in all golf; people pay money to watch so they should have fun. So if there are nominated holes (as there are at some events) where things are a bit louder then why not?

In Europe we are very polite, but to be fair it's often a bit dull. Knock out the mashed potato cr@p and frankly I'd suggest the U.S. Model is better.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley