Back at the judge I happened to check through and noticed your reply to me - this is sort of old school - once a month - we should try chess by mail! :)

I lived in and around Fort Wayne from 89-2000.  I went to Concordia Seminary and then served a little country church north and west of town after graduation.  I played Cherry Hills a couple of times after it opened, very nice track.  When I was a Sem, student I could play Riverbend for free on a certain day of the week (I forget which day now.)  If ever they would fix that course up it couple be really something (don't even know if it's still there.)  Once I was a Pastor I could play any course in town that was owned by the Kelly's, there was one on the South side of town that I loved but I believe it's either closed or has lost some holes to the airport.  It hosted a Hogan Tour event (now web.com) back in the mid 90's. 

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52, 56  

Ping Glide 3.0  Ping Eye 2 grind 58.8

L.A.B. Mezz.1 32.5"

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Opened my last sleeve of DuoSpins today.....shot an 89 at The Babe Zaharias GC in Tampa....had one Birdie, but turned three other Birdie putts into bogies. The greens were very shaggy and slow......just could not get the ball to the hole. Overall, the DuoSpin performed well....had several approach shots drop gently to the green and stop. I still think it's a good ball to play if $27/dozen is your price range.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft & 0811 XF w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Titleist T300 48* GW w/Fubuki MV Senior shaft and Edison forged 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33”   Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Ping Ketsch

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder

I wrote last year sometime about the FG Tour. I bought some at Academy one day after reading a review somewhere. I found the ball to be an excellent performer. At the time the store had them marked down on a close-out and I bought 2 dozen for less than $20 each I recall.. Maybe even lower. Anyway....

As far as my game is concerned I have found that I can play equally well with any premium ball. Number one for me is a urethane cover. I notice that more than any other characteristic in a modern ball. Regardless if it's a 3 or 4 piece. Even a two piece ball (Bridgestone E5) as long as the cover is urethane.

I switch around from time to time. Here is the starting lineup of my current my favorites: Callaway Chrome Soft, MG Tour C4, Titleist PV1, Bridgestone E5.

(I still have a dozen of the FG Tour but haven't played them in a while.) [i also just received a dozen of the Callaway Chrome Speed that MG has been selling but haven't hit one yet.]

• Like 1

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I wrote last year sometime about the FG Tour. I bought some at Academy one day after reading a review somewhere. I found the ball to be an excellent performer. At the time the store had them marked down on a close-out and I bought 2 dozen for less than $20 each I recall.. Maybe even lower. Anyway....

As far as my game is concerned I have found that I can play equally well with any premium ball. Number one for me is a urethane cover. I notice that more than any other characteristic in a modern ball. Regardless if it's a 3 or 4 piece. Even a two piece ball (Bridgestone E5) as long as the cover is urethane.

I switch around from time to time. Here is the starting lineup of my current my favorites: Callaway Chrome Soft, MG Tour C4, Titleist PV1, Bridgestone E5.

(I still have a dozen of the FG Tour but haven't played them in a while.) [i also just received a dozen of the Callaway Chrome Speed that MG has been selling but haven't hit one yet.]

Agreed Urethane cover is key. My biggest issue is now around the greens, I'm trying to hit shots closer and I don't produce a ton of spin. Problem is with the driver I tend to struggle with a high spin ball so need best of both worlds.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I've played most of my career in Texas. Depending on what part of Texas the wind can be an issue at times. In general I typically experience varying 5,10-15 mph breezes... wind most of the time. I tend to hit most of my shots on a lower trajectory. Not sure if that's because of playing in breezy conditions mostly or not. Perhaps. It's just the way I hit the ball. I've personally never noticed a certain ball ballooning on me due to spin/wind effect. I hit all shots mostly on a mid-height trajectory day in and day out. Most fairways in Texas are generally hard and fast Bermuda surfaces.Sure, I can produce a higher or lower ball flight when necessary with any top quality ball. Additionally I feel I have much more control with a lower shot trajectory.

Around the greens I've never been a hard spinner of the ball. I prefer to chip and run keeping the ball low. My bottom line is I like a top quality ball that feels good. If it's got that I can play anywhere all day.

• Like 1

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I've played most of my career in Texas. Depending on what part of Texas the wind can be an issue at times. In general I typically experience varying 5,10-15 mph breezes... wind most of the time. I tend to hit most of my shots on a lower trajectory. Not sure if that's because of playing in breezy conditions mostly or not. Perhaps. It's just the way I hit the ball. I've personally never noticed a certain ball ballooning on me due to spin/wind effect. I hit all shots mostly on a mid-height trajectory day in and day out. Most fairways in Texas are generally hard and fast Bermuda surfaces.Sure, I can produce a higher or lower ball flight when necessary with any top quality ball. Additionally I feel I have much more control with a lower shot trajectory.

Around the greens I've never been a hard spinner of the ball. I prefer to chip and run keeping the ball low. My bottom line is I like a top quality ball that feels good. If it's got that I can play anywhere all day.

Sounds like me... except for the Texas part and Bermuda!  :)

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give another follow-up on the Wilson FG Tour.  Played 18 yesterday and switched between this and a Taylormade Lethal.  Can't stress enough how good of a ball it is.  They were on a website a couple weeks ago for $26 a dozen with a coupon code and I almost bought 6 dozen even though I still have 14 dozen Lethals.  

If you get a chance I would highly recommend trying this ball.

If you have any questions shoot them my way and I will be happy to respond.

Srixon Z565 9.5* Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x

Cobra F7 13.5* Aldila Tour Blue 75x

Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5* Aldila Tour Blue 85x

Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff

Vokey SM6 50, 54. 58

• 2 weeks later...

I opened my last sleeve of Duos Wednesday. I now find that I am getting more distance with them. I hit several drives about 250 yds, which for me is great. My iron shots were going about a half club farther. They still would not sit and stop on the green though. 

I shot 86  47 front and 39 back with 9 total pars. I came away with 2 Duos left. I am going to step up to the Duo Spins before I head out again and see if they spin a bit more on iron shots. I am starting to like the Wilson balls.

Joe

• Like 1

I've used up the last of my wilson's... and the last of the second dozen I bought. My impression is that they are a good ball if you're looking to get a ball that can do a bit of everything.

It's not a pure distance ball, but beat the ProV1x I play wtih by 5 yards or so on average. (I average 250 on a good rive which is all of 2% difference.) Sidespin wasn't an issue with this ball and felt the dispersion pattern was tighter, meaning that bad shots still stayed in play where a Prov1x would be in the scrub.

The ball with the irons and wedges is good, but not a substitue for the amount of spin I get with the Prov1x. I played the other day and hit a shot on the green and watched it release a few feet. A simiiar shot 6 holes later with a Prov1x backed up an inch or two. while it's not drastic, if you are looking to play a lot of chop and stop shots, there are better options.

Overall if you are looking to move to Urethane balls and want a bit more spin than a surelyn cover but are worried about side spin and distance, this is for you. Perhaps a few years ago it would have been my go to ball, but at this point I'm happy with the titelist.

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

• 2 weeks later...

Wilson Duo Spins - Logo overruns for only $19.95/dozen!

http://www.golfballs.com/Golf-Balls/Balls/Wilson-Staff-Duo-Spin-Golf-Balls.htm?p1=O&t=mailer_014751A2

Now this is a great price if you are interested in trying the Duo Spins.

• Like 1

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft & 0811 XF w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Titleist T300 48* GW w/Fubuki MV Senior shaft and Edison forged 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33”   Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Ping Ketsch

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder