Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Pings New I and GMax irons

It is a bit early to really comment fully on Pings new offerings for 2016.  Especially when the photos show a limited view from one angle only.  At a glance the new I or is it E1 iron looks a lot like the Anser Irons that Ping released.  I had a set of then and ultimately was pretty disappointed at the feel these "forged irons" offered.  They were more a clunk than anything and lasted about 12 months in my bag before I traded them in and would have done it earlier if I could of afforded it.  I really don't like the look of the GMax and that hideous blue that Ping insists on using turns me off them instantly.  I again used the G30's for about 8 months and for the most part loved the way they gamed, hated that blue and the reason I got rid of them was the offset that made them super hard for me to aim them.  Maybe it's because I'm left eye dominant and play right handed but I missed everything left and I mean I would be hitting 9 iron and miss the green left by 10 yards.  That is really frustrating when you know you've hit a good shot only to have that result.  I nearly went for the I25's but was advised that these newer models were coming out and finally settled for reshafting my Mizzy's.  No regrets but being the Club Ho that I am here I am writing about the new Pings. <_>

pingg30max.jpg

pingie1.jpg

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

I think the E1s look hot. The G-Maxs look like a Wal-Mart special.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Simple and clean is better.

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

The new I series looks pretty. I am currently playing the I20 might have to look into the upgrade.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Archived