Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Donald Trump: "Let golf be elitist"

apprenti23

Very astute observations there my friend.  We are experiencing a very similar reaction here to the "party politicians" even though we aren't having an election.  I think any independants will have a day out when the time comes as well as the minor parties like the greens.

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Very astute observations there my friend.  We are experiencing a very similar reaction here to the "party politicians" even though we aren't having an election.  I think any independants will have a day out when the time comes as well as the minor parties like the greens.

We live in "interesting times." ;)

If I were advising a candidate, I'd suggest Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It" as their campaign song!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

"They're trying to teach golf to people who will never be able to really play it. They're trying too hard. Because of the expense of playing, and the land needed, golf is never going to be basketball, where all you need is a court."

-Donald Trump

Who's ever going to aspire to play golf if they aren't exposed to it at an early age? He's right, there are a ton of other sports that only require a cheap ball, but like all sports, people need to actually play golf to enjoy it.

If he were a smart business man, he'd try to innovate a way to introduce golf to people at a young age to get a greater number of players interested in golf as they grow up. There would be more people willing to play at his expensive courses if more people were exposed to golf at a young age. It's called growing your market base, Trump!

Someone who's a self proclaimed business genius should understand the importance of investing in your future.

Regardless of what golf OUGHT TO BE, the working class era for golf has all but disappeared.  The demise of the urban industrial base and the good union jobs that came with it is now apparent in who's playing golf these days. It's not who was playing in the 60s and 70s. You can't have industrial leagues without industry. 

We're not in the polo and ocean yacht racing category yet, but that's the way the game is heading.  People can't afford golf making lattes for a living, and that's pretty much all that we make anymore.  If I had grown up in this era, I'd have never been introduced to golf.

Well, that's the militant proletarian point of view.  I wouldn't be surprised if conservative middle Americans may see it differently than an aging 1960s dude from the northeast!  All opinions are welcome.

As a Canadian, the fact that this guy has any support whatsoever is really a scary thing. Just because someone is "outspoken" and "tells it like it is" does not qualify them to run the most powerful political job in the world. Do you really want this guy representing America and Americans? I can see this guy telling someone like Putin where to go and starting a war because of it. Sanders to me makes more sense. As for his views on golf, how can a middle class American think this guy is looking out for you when he wants only elite rich people playing our sport? Can you seriously say he's looking out for you?

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I don't want to talk politics on a golf site and start arguments with people with whom I'd otherwise get along. Suffice it to say that as with our Canadian friend, Mr. 86 , Sanders makes more sense to me as well.   The US is not as politically progressive as Canada, however, and no candidate as liberal as Bernie Sanders has ever been elected president down here.  Canada's "Conservative Party" is to the left of our Democrats, while almost the entire remaining world is to the left of our Republicans.

We'll see soon enough, I guess. 

Regardless of partisan leanings, it's far too early for any accurate forecasts as to who the eventual nominees will be.  It's quite possible, the eventual nominees aren't even in the race, yet.

I think the only thing we can say with any certainty is, about 80% of the population is fed up with Washington DC and is rejecting the "Status Quo" politicians favored by the political class.

I can't say that putting some fear into the Beltway is a bad thing.  Politicians should never take the citizens for granted, and if they can't understand how disconnected from the rest of the county they've become, I WANT them to be afraid, VERY afraid - lol

Grab your popcorn...

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

There are two conflicts. Non ideologues will blame the "political class" in general.  That is really the same as blaming the electorate itself.  We have professional politicians because due to constituent service, i.e., favors, outside of legislation consideration, people will continue to vote for "their guy."  People respond to service. I do. Anybody who has ever received a political favor does.

Ideologues, myself included, will instinctively blame the opposite ideology. That's the other conflict. And since ideological diversity is almost exactly 50/50, with urban centers leaning left and rural leaning right, half of the population will ALWAYS be pissed off.  That's what happens in a culturally diverse society. That's what happens here.

And finally, golf is not pool or bowling. An inordinate percentage of the country club set leans right. On a website like this, progressive liberals are not going to find a lot of support.  So maybe I should just shut up!

I read Rick Reilly's "Who's Your Caddie? " which includes a chapter when he tried to caddy for The Donald. In typical Donald fashion,

Donald intentionally mis-understands the concept and instead invites Reilly to play with Trump at one of his posh courses. Reilly tries to explain this to Trump, but the Donald insists Reilly play. So Reilly finally gives in, but asks if he can caddy for Trump the next day. Trump says, "Nobody can put up or keep up with me for more than a day!". After Reilly gets dropped off after the day of golf, he absolutely agrees.

Archived