TESTERS WANTED! ×

Issue with Scor/Ben Hogan Golf-Help

slammy01

TLDR: I'm hoping someone here can put me in contact with someone at Ben Hogan Golf to help me find a missing Scor Wedge that had an assembly/manufacturing error. I haven't been able to get a response from anyone.

Fully Story: Back in late April I finally decided to pull the trigger and get a set of 4 Scor wedges (47,51,55,59) and I've really enjoyed playing with them. Unfortunately, when my 55* wedge was shipped to me it had something loose in the hosel/shaft that caused it to make noise and produce weird vibrations when I hit it. I had the clubs for about a week (late June) by this point, emailed Scor/BH and got a phone call from customer service the next day. We talked through the problem and I was told to pack my club up in the box and that the returns department would send me a shipping label. This was the first hang up.....I waited 3 days before contacting my Scor/BH POC because someone had forgotten to send me a shipping label. I finally got my shipping label on 3 June and was able to ship my club the next day. I followed the tracking number and saw that it arrived in Texas on the 8th. Now I started to patiently wait for news of my beloved SW. 

Fast forward to 24 June and I'm emailing my POC at Scor/BH asking where my club is and when I can expect to get it back. A week goes by with no response and I see that the Scor website is shut down so on 1July I tried the contact request form for BH and again got no response. I tried calling during business hours late on the 2nd and early today and couldn't get anyone to pick up. Needless to say I'm a little disappointed in this whole thing and I just want my club back.....I don't even care if they fixed it, I'll do the work myself at this point. The MSG community is reviewing the BH FT15 Irons right now so I'm hoping someone out there might be able to put me in touch with someone who can help me.

If anyone from BH/Scor reads this my Scor Order number was 17408 for reference. 

In my Bag

Driver- Taylormade RBZ 10.5 w/ Matrix Black Tie Stiff

3 Wood- Taylormade R11s 15 w/ Matore Speeder 7.3 Stiff

Hybrids- Adams Super LS 19 w/ Kuro Kage Stiff      Adams Super 9031 23 w/ Diamana D+ Stiff

Irons- Mizuno MP-60 5-9 w/ TT Black Gold Stiff

Wedges- Scor 48,51,55,59 KBS Genius Stiff

Putter- Rife Aussie

Ball- ProV1x

I've already tried that contact info, I couldn't get an email back and noone answered the phone when I called so far.

In my Bag

Hybrids- Adams Super LS 19 w/ Kuro Kage Stiff      Adams Super 9031 23 w/ Diamana D+ Stiff

Putter- Rife Aussie

Ball- ProV1x

I've already tried that contact info, I couldn't get an email back and noone answered the phone when I called so far.

Not being a smartarse, but were you trying to call at 8 or so your time (EST). CST is an hour earlier.

Just a thought as you didn't say what time you called.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'm in central time and I called around 9AM. 

I got a hold of them yesterday through Facebook. The guy who get customer service calls is on the road a lot so he said he can't always answer the phone immediately. 

In my Bag

Putter- Rife Aussie

Ball- ProV1x

Doesn't sound like much of a customer service to me. Sure, everybody has busy days but for customer service they really need to pick up calls and answer emails. It's their job after all - and it ain't exactly rocket science.

This is exactly the kind of image I feared for the resurrected brand - frankly, the brand needs to try harder to get anywhere near their previous best.

I hope it works out for you.

I just got a resolution from them a few hours ago. They claim their returns department never received my club which is weird because I got updates from Fedex to my phone until it delivered back to BH golf. Fedex doesn't seem to keep the shipping labels and tracking numbers available after a certain period of time (30+ days). I forwarded my original Fedex email to BH so they can hopefully figure out what happened. At some point along the way it got lost (I suspect someone in the returns department mishandled it) and are they making me a replacement club to ship out right now, so I do appreciate the effort to make things right. 

That said, the thing that bothers me the most is that I've had to be the one doing all the follow up communication to fix their defective club assembly. Maybe I have high expectations, but I was hoping someone would follow up with me periodically while I represented an unresolved customer service complaint. If I hadn't been persistent, it seems likely that I never would have gotten my club back.

The funny thing is that I love the Scor Wedges I do have so much that I'm still pretty excited to read the reviews from the guys here at MGS on the BH Irons and may still consider getting a set in the future. I just know now to go ahead and void the warranty by doing work on them myself....I'd rather not go through the trouble of sending clubs back to them again. 

In my Bag

Putter- Rife Aussie

Ball- ProV1x

Glad you got the issue resolved....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Glad it was resolved. My dealings with SCOR were always prompt and courteous.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Wow I completely missed this thread. Sorry I didn't post in here earlier to try and help you man.

As for their customer service, I had a completely different experience when I gave them a call. My experience was some of the best I've had with a company honestly.

I don't know who you were dealing with, but if you go to purchase a set of clubs through the company (see Ben Hogan review thread where I and a few others will be posting our reviews in next Monday to see whether you should or not!) but get ahold of Frank Walley. He was the rep I worked with and did a phenomenal job!

I hope that they resolve your problem to full satisfaction because being a tester myself I would love for our community to judge this company based on their product rather than a bad experience. I know it all matters, but I strongly recommend getting in touch with Frank with any concerns.

Hope the replacement works as well as the other wedges.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I thought things were resolved a few weeks ago when I finally got in touch with BH. They said there were going to send me out a replacement club. It's been two weeks now and I haven't gotten anything in the way of communication or mail from them. 

One of the forum members was kind enough to give me an alternate contact within BH so I'm going to try working through them.

I'd like to give the BH irons a try but all this is making me seriously reconsider whether that's a good idea or not. 

In my Bag

Putter- Rife Aussie

Ball- ProV1x

Good news!!!! My quest has finally come to an end. BH didn't have any SCOR heads laying around so they built me a 55* TK 15 wedge and it arrived today. I'm excited to see how it performs in relation to my existing SCOR wedges, it looks pretty close in design so I'm hopeful it will be a seamless flow through my wedges. 

In my Bag

Putter- Rife Aussie

Ball- ProV1x

Awesome! Please report back to us how it works out for you! We would love to hear!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Wow Slammy what a saga.  Glad is was resolved and had a happy ending.  I have to say that you're more patient than I am.

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Wow Slammy what a saga.  Glad is was resolved and had a happy ending.  I have to say that you're more patient than I am.

Thanks mate, most of my patience was founded in the superb performance of the other 3 SCOR wedges I have and am using.    

That said, a little disappointed overall in the fact that it took 2 months to get a club back for an assembly error. I've been thinking about an upgrade from the MP-60's I have right now to either the MP-15's or an MP-25/MP-5 Combo set in the fall. The Hogan's were in the mix for a demo but I'm leaning on no due to the bad taste that yet lingers in my mouth. If I can get a trial set of 3 clubs I'll give them a try but there's no way I would drop the money to get a set blind like they are currently offering. 

If there's one thing I really like about the TK wedge so far, it's the feel of the Lamkin grip they use. It's soft without being squishy and super tacky. Regardless of what I end up thinking about the club, I'm probably going to get the Lamkin ACE 3GEN's on my set next time I regrip.

In my Bag

Putter- Rife Aussie

Ball- ProV1x

Any thoughts on how it plays distance wise and flight characteristics compared to your 59 and 51?  Gaps OK?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Any thoughts on how it plays distance wise and flight characteristics compared to your 59 and 51?  Gaps OK?

I'll see how it does out on the course, but from hitting a few balls after work yesterday its playing very similarly to my SCOR 55* in terms of flight and distance. A smooth shot is right in the 105-108 yards carry for me leaving a nice 8 yard gap between my wedges. As far trajectory, it's probably close to my 51 than my 59. My stock wedge shots tend to be on the mid-low side but I have enough control to throw it super high up in the air when I need to. 

I'll see if I can post a more in-depth review this weekend.

In my Bag

Putter- Rife Aussie

Ball- ProV1x

• 2 months later...

I had an issue with a Scor Wedge, and I sent an email to info@benhogangolf.com at 12:15 today. At 12:39. I received a phone call from Barry and the issue was taken care of.

That's pretty good customer service.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I had an issue with a Scor Wedge, and I sent an email to info@benhogangolf.com at 12:15 today. At 12:39. I received a phone call from Barry and the issue was taken care of.

That's pretty good customer service.

I haven't heard from Barry for quite awhile, but when I ordered my SCORs, he was quick to answer all of my questions.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived