TESTERS WANTED! ×

HELLO EVERYBODY !

my name is Silvia Di Nicola.

I just want to introduce myself as a neophyte in the world of golf. I started working at GreenGolf shop in the beautiful corniche of Villa d'Este Golf Course, just few months ago.

I just came here for a coincidence : a dear friend of my father, who is a professional golfer, Alessandro Frigerio,  was about to take over the management of the shop inside the course and was looking for somebody  and at that time I was unemployed.  So here I am ! This is  how my adventure in this world began.

I was totally in the dark , a truly whole new experience to me: the name of the clubs , the management of the shop, the contact with  the players. Since I started  everything is so challenging and I love it.

My interest increase day by day because I have the luck to work with a team that give the possibility to grow  ( and believe that in Italy nowadays unfortunately is not so taken for granted) and this how I started reading My golf spy!

I've  found your blog  as  a bible to me:  I really think that the way you  do  the rewiews is very clear , accurate and simple also for a unaware like me.

Now I wrote this letter for some advices: I will be to WorldAm Championship  in Myrtle Beach at the end of August. I ‘ll be there cause my father will participate at the tournament and meanwhile ( cause I do not play golf, not yet!) I will searching for some new to introduce in the shop.

At the moment our main brands for the clubs are : Titlest, Cobra, Ping, Mizuno, Callaway, Cleveland and Honma. For shoes, accessories and apparel we have : FJ, Ecco, Glemuir , Golfino, Peter Millar, Alberto Golf, The golfers club, Bridgestone, Volvik  and others.

I would like to know if you guys are familiar of the area of Myrtle Beach or if you know somebody who can show me the zone: my purpose is to get in touch with new suppliers and to come back to Italy with new things.

I look forward to receive from you or from your team a reply and If you are planning to visit Italy you will be  a very welcome guest in Villa d'Este Golf Course.

Silvia

Welcome to the forums Silvia I'm sure some of the locals here will be able to answer your questions.  Enjoy! :)

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Welcome Silvia! Sounds like you have the opportunity for some great experiences. I like Myrtle Beach; lots of great courses. I was at the WorldAm many years ago, and was amazed how many people from all over the world were there. Unfortunately for them (and me) it rained a lot!

If you have any questions, just post them and the great MGS crew will respond. Good luck in your travels!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Welcome Silvia!  We do have some forum members in the Myrtle Beach area so hopefully they will jump in here shortly.  I would suggest that you investigate the annual Golf Show in Orlando, Florida.  It takes place each year in January and is the place for OEM's and people in the business of promoting the game of golf to connect.  There are threads about that show under the US Equipment section.

Best wishes to you and your father!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Buon Giorno Sylvia! 

My famiglia comes from Cigliano, about an hour and a half west of you. Glad you're with us.

I have three friends who will be playing in the World Am - maybe you can meet up with them in Myrtle Beach? They're good people and one of them has some excellent insights into the golf business.  

Please feel free to Private Message me on this forum and we can share contact information.

Grazie!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Thank to all you guys : I really appraciate your suggestions and the welcome in the forum!!!

Plano , yes I am very excited also because it wil be my first experiece in the US ! 

FT.WORTH : Last year my boss went to Orlando to visit the Golf Show and he enjoyed it very much. I heard that is like a paradise and you can find there all you can imagine and much more!

HUNTINGTON : Buongiorno! I've just googled CIGLIANO because i had no idea about the location of that town ! LOL ! Yes, it's quite close to my area. Have you ever visit Italy? It sounds great about your connections and it sounds great sharing the contacts.

GRAZIE MILLE A TUTTI! Thanks again to all ! 

ciaoooooooooo

Welcome to the forum. Love the fact MGS is global.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Hello from Oregon, U.S.!

Look forward to hearing more from you on the forums!

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to MGS Sylvia.......You will discover that this gang of golfers knows a lot about everything.......that is golf!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Buongiorno! and welcome to the forum!

I'm actually heading to Italy next month with the wife! Being American I am quite the mutt; however, I am Italian. Happen to know any Tomasi's? I still have cousins there, and they're from the northern region such as yourself. The joke is that so many of them moved to the alps for work they now have blonde hair and blue eyes.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and good luck in the golf business!

Welcome, and hope y'all really enjoy your Myrtle Beach trip!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Welcome my friend! It is great to have an ever-growing international member base. I am hoping to come to Italy sometime in the next year. 

Enjoy your trip to the Championships. 

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

• 4 years later...

Ciao Silvia, just joined the forum.

Are you still working at Villa d'Este? Every year I play a charity event at the beginning of June. 

But maybe not this year...damn covid

Driver: :callaway-small: XR16 Aldila Tour Green XS

3wood: :callaway-small: XR16 Project X LZ Handcrafted 6.5

Hybrid 19º: :callaway-small: XR OS Fubuki S

Irons 4-5: :titelist-small: 718 AP3 Project X LZ 6.0

Irons 6-P: :titelist-small: 718 AP2 Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey Design SM7, 50º 55° 60º

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X Navy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...