Adams Golf Receives 2010 Progressive Manufacturing 100 Award

• SPY VIP

Speedline Drivers are Honored in Innovation Mastery Category

PLANO, TEXAS, June 2, 2010 - Adams Golf (NasdaqCM:ADGF) is proud to announce that it was selected as a winner at the sixth annual Progressive Manufacturing 100 (PM100) Awards by Managing Automation Media, a Thomas Publishing Company, LLC publication. The PM100 recognizes 100 projects that have achieved distinction in at least one of the eight core disciplines defined by Managing Automation Media as critical to business success in years ahead. Adams Golf won in the category of Innovation Mastery for its use of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) in the design of its industry-leading Speedline driver series. Adams Golf used NXâ„¢ software from Siemens PLM Software to perform the digital product design and CFD analysis that helped accelerate the design and shorten the delivery time to the marketplace of this groundbreaking new product.

Adams Golf's winning project was based on an innovative design that minimizes the effects of aerodynamics on driver heads. As the result of extensive player club head speed measurement testing, CFD analysis and aerodynamic wind tunnel testing, Adams Golf discovered that some golf club driver heads with displaced volumes at or near 460cc (the USGA and R&A maximum limit on displaced volume) experience significant aerodynamic forces during the golf swing. As a result of this new revelation, the aerodynamics of driver heads has become an important consideration in the design and manufacturing process.

In pursuit of developing and designing the highest performance and most innovative products, Adams Golf integrated Siemens PLM Software's NX Flow application for CFD analysis and wind tunnel testing into the driver product development process. With the help of the state-of-the-art design and analysis capabilities of NX, Adams Golf was able to significantly reduce aerodynamic drag, which increased club head speed and produced greater driving distance. These innovations have resulted in significant time-to-market and market share gains for Adams Golf in the driver category of golf clubs.

"Our ability to implement systems that quickly and proficiently deliver ground-breaking golf clubs to consumers is critical to putting us ahead of the competition," said Chip Brewer, President and CEO of Adams Golf. "We are so proud to be the first golf club manufacturer to be honored with a PM100 award for our application of CFD analysis to the design of our award-winning Speedline driver. This award helps solidify our position as a true innovator in the industry."

The eight core disciplines recognized by Managing Automation Media for the PM100 Awards are Business Model Mastery, Customer Mastery, Supply Network Mastery, Data and Integration Mastery, Training and Education Mastery, Leadership Mastery and Operational Excellence. An independent judging panel chaired by David R. Brousell, Editor-in-Chief, Managing Automation Media, and Jeff Moad, Executive Editior, Managing Automation, reviewed project nominations. Some of this year's other award winners were Dole Foods, L'Oreal, Dow Chemical, Ingersoll-Rand, Xerox, General Motors and Dr. Pepper Snapple Group.

"As we prepare for the eventual end of the Great Recession, these winning companies dramatically underscore how the manufacturing industry will begin to emerge in an even stronger position once a recovery takes a firm hold," said David R. Brousell, Editor-in-Chief of Managing Automation Media. "The projects that enabled these companies to become PM100 winners reflect great creativity and inventiveness, a determined willingness to take risk, and an enduring resilience to continually improve every aspect of their business. These companies are leading the way to a better future."

PM100 winners were honored and presented their awards at the Progressive Manufacturing Awards Gala at the Progressive Manufacturing Summit 2010, Seizing the Future: Leadership Strategies for the Recovery and Beyond, May 3-5 at The Breakers in Palm Beach, Florida. More than 200 manufacturing technology executives attended.

#TruthDigest

If they could only get some product to market.....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Something is got to be up with China, having a tough time getting some of our clothing goods in also

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

anyone try the fast 10?

Went to an Adams demo day yesterday and spent a half hour with the fast 10. I was on the simulator and came away fairly impressed. Set's up nice at address, doesn't look huge like so many of the 460 drivers, very nice lines.

The aerodynamic underside allegedly promotes less twisting resulting in straighter drives.

To be honest, I don't know if it was the way it set up or operator error (mine, that is), but I was ending up a little open at impact which caused a lot of pushes and fades. I kick myself because I didn't bring my own driver to use in comparison so I'm going to assume the problem was mine. The ones I hit square felt wonderful but the distances only confused me more (which is why I wish I had my own driver to A/B with). Perhaps those with more simulator time can confirm that the simulator is modest with distance. My good drives are normally 260-270 carry and I'm well past 300 yards total on my best drives, yet I was only getting 245 carry and 265 total in the simulator.

There was a young man alternating with me that had good mechanics and was pounding the ball. Yet his numbers were almost identical to mine so either the simulator was set up for modest results or the ball/driver setup had an effect. Sorry I'm not much help because I came away with more info about the simulator and shaft info than a deep impression of the Fast 10. My best results were with the 8.5 degree head and I needed a stiff shaft with higher kick point than they had on hand, so it was useful time spent but of the drivers I've hit lately I keep coming back to the Wilson Smooth with the Fujikura 360 shaft. It's basic at address but I love the launch angle I get from the Wilson with both the 9.5 and 10.5 degree heads.

I guess that's inconclusive, but I think many will love the Adams. I wasn't able to work the ball like I have with others, but I may have been coming over the top more than usual (because I was fading more than I normally do).

Don't take the sims serious, just the ball flight, spin, clubs speed, etc..that's all. You have to go by the feel

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• 3 weeks later...

Even in Metro Los Angeles I don;t see much Adams stuff. The superstores have a bit, but I agree, it would be nice to see more product out there...

It's not enough just to swing at the ball.

You've got to loosen your girdle and let 'er fly.

Babe Zaharias

Archived