Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

PA/MD/VA/DC/WV/NJ/NY Meet Up

jbil8802

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:P  AGREE!!! but still not gonna bet with you!!!  :lol:

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

:P  AGREE!!! but still not gonna bet with you!!!  :lol:

No worries mate, I try to avoid playing for money, with my game it is not a good investment.    But man, I would love to form a team with you to play in a scramble, shamble or best ball tournament.   I think we would make one heck of a team.  For me, it would be like being on the Starship Enterprise, because I would be playing from places that I'd never been before.  With my lack of distance off the tee, man, would that be fun for me.   For once, I might be able to use every club in my bag.

I see that you are a new spy, so permit me to ask if you reside in the MD/DC/VA area. Because if you do, we would sure love to have you join us for some golf, or if you are ever in the area for that matter.

Yes I do reside in the area, knows NS but f getting the feel the of all this MGS business. Hopefully one day I'll join up with you guys for a round.

No worries mate, I try to avoid playing for money, with my game it is not a good investment.    But man, I would love to form a team with you to play in a scramble, shamble or best ball tournament.   I think we would make one heck of a team.  For me, it would be like being on the Starship Enterprise, because I would be playing from places that I'd never been before.  With my lack of distance off the tee, man, would that be fun for me.   For once, I might be able to use every club in my bag.

That would definitely be a team to beat.   With both you guys, you'd never be out of a hole, and with Wahoo's strokes you'd clean up.    You would have been a great team for our Compass Cup, that we just had.   Keep an eye out for the Turkey Shoot coming up on the Saturday after Black Friday.   it's always a great event.  Two man Scramble teams I believe.    I may try and convince them to go two man better ball to make it more competitive.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Looks like a great time out there yesterday

It definitely was.  If you're in the area, feel free to jump in and join us some time.  Always love growing the group. 

Absolutely- I will keep an eye out for those type of tournaments- and let me know if you all see something in your neck of the woods...

I agree, we would probably make a good team, if we could keep from laughing and telling too many stories... oh wait, its your shot!!!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Putter MLA Pro Classic

Oo oo I want in on a scramble!!! I'll go last off the tee

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I might be looking to enter our Turkey Shoot event in November and looking for a partner.   I'd be the safe player getting us in play, and let you bomb away!!!

Hi everyone. I know it's late in the season but just came across this thread. I am located in northern NJ and this is my 2nd season golfing so I am new (although I have the bug and am playing often). Looking forward to some meet ups and meeting new people and courses!

~Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Rob... A couple good guys up your way, hopefully you can meet up with them sometime.   or you're welcome to join us in the Balt/DC area if you're ever down this way.

Hi everyone. I know it's late in the season but just came across this thread. I am located in northern NJ and this is my 2nd season golfing so I am new (although I have the bug and am playing often). Looking forward to some meet ups and meeting new people and courses!

~Rob

Welcome!!   Would love to play some golf with you, its a shame that I'm in Annapolis and you in north Jersey, we aren't exactly next door neighbors.  But I and a couple of our fellow spies have been know to take some long commutes to play golf.   While I don't know exactly where you live, lets assume it to be a three hour door to door trip.  If we could find a venue half way between it would become an hour and a half commute, I have been known to do that at times, especially if we could get a group of spies together.  

Yea I used to live down in Crofton, MD but am in NJ these days. My brother lives in Westminster, MD so I stop down that way from time to time. Would love to check out the courses down there.

Heck, if you are ever in Westminster, let me know if you can and want to play.   I can make that trip easy, if the tee time is not too early in the morning.   I've commuted to Gettysburg to play golf at the Links at Gettysburg.  Not sure about the courses in and around Westminster, but there must be something.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just moving the conversation over here so we don't take over the thread on equality in golf:

We need to drag CG and Wahoo down your neck of the woods here before the weather gets too cold...

I'm game for that. There had been talk of playing Lake Presidential since it's a decent midway point.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

No need to drag me, I would very much look forward to it. I don't mind a commute, but depending on the commute, I would like a tee time that doesn't required me to get up with the ducks.

What's wrong with waking up with the ducks? It gets you to the course quicker.

What's wrong with waking up with the ducks? It gets you to the course quicker.

Spoken like the young man, you are LOL.   Understand, that when one is a seasoned citizen, such as me, greeting the world each morning is a process unto itself and "guicker" is not a word used often.   First, I need a couple of cups of coffee to get my brain to fire and hope that the body responds.  Once the brain starts firing, it then takes the body sometime to prepare for the demands that may be put on it.  The entire process may take some time.

I am reminded of the classic and often used story of the young bull and the old bull standing on the hill looking at a herd of cows.   The young bull says-let's run down and make love to a cow.  The old bull says-why don't we just walk down and make love to them all.

Spoken like the young man, you are LOL. Understand, that when one is a seasoned citizen, such as me, greeting the world each morning is a process unto itself and "guicker" is not a word used often. First, I need a couple of cups of coffee to get my brain to fire and hope that the body responds. Once the brain starts firing, it then takes the body sometime to prepare for the demands that may be put on it. The entire process may take some time.

I am reminded of the classic and often used story of the young bull and the old bull standing on the hill looking at a herd of cows. The young bull says-let's run down and make love to a cow. The old bull says-why don't we just walk down and make love to them all.

Oh boy .. all too true on that first part about not being quick in the mornings.... :-(

And that second bit: one of my all-time faves!!! :-)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Spoken like the young man, you are LOL.   Understand, that when one is a seasoned citizen, such as me, greeting the world each morning is a process unto itself and "guicker" is not a word used often.   First, I need a couple of cups of coffee to get my brain to fire and hope that the body responds.  Once the brain starts firing, it then takes the body sometime to prepare for the demands that may be put on it.  The entire process may take some time.

I am reminded of the classic and often used story of the young bull and the old bull standing on the hill looking at a herd of cows.   The young bull says-let's run down and make love to a cow.  The old bull says-why don't we just walk down and make love to them all.

"Seasoned citizen"...  I like it!!  But I think I used the wrong seasoning.   :(

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Once cleared from shoulder surgery I'd be interested in playing a game with any of you guys/girls

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I already said something about it in the "how'd you play" thread but I'll add to it here.

I got to play with CG2 on Tuesday and wow, what a gracious host. Compass Pointe is an incredible course and I highly recommend including that on your wish list for all that visit the DC/Baltimore area.

One cool observation I was able to make is the difference in fairway grass. The front 9 we played on bent grass and the back was on Bermuda. While I've played bent grass before, I had never played this type of Bermuda and absolutely loved it. It was like hitting off a matt without the jarring impact feel. It was really cool to see the extra spin I was getting off those shots. Besides that, I tend to take very long and deep divots so it was nice to have minimal cleanup after my shots as well. All that being said, I loved both fairways equally.

10/10 would play Compass Pointe again!

What Stud says- I absolutely agree- the layout of the courses, the conditions, the hospitality and the great golf (thanks CG and Wahoo) made my visit a few weeks ago a very memorable one.  Stud, you have quite the way with words- hope they didn't take too much of your money!!! :D

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

What Stud says- I absolutely agree- the layout of the courses, the conditions, the hospitality and the great golf (thanks CG and Wahoo) made my visit a few weeks ago a very memorable one. Stud, you have quite the way with words- hope they didn't take too much of your money!!! :D

No money on the line this time. I hardly even know the rules for those games lol.

I already said something about it in the "how'd you play" thread but I'll add to it here.

I got to play with CG2 on Tuesday and wow, what a gracious host. Compass Pointe is an incredible course and I highly recommend including that on your wish list for all that visit the DC/Baltimore area.

One cool observation I was able to make is the difference in fairway grass. The front 9 we played on bent grass and the back was on Bermuda. While I've played bent grass before, I had never played this type of Bermuda and absolutely loved it. It was like hitting off a matt without the jarring impact feel. It was really cool to see the extra spin I was getting off those shots. Besides that, I tend to take very long and deep divots so it was nice to have minimal cleanup after my shots as well. All that being said, I loved both fairways equally.

10/10 would play Compass Pointe again!

What Stud says- I absolutely agree- the layout of the courses, the conditions, the hospitality and the great golf (thanks CG and Wahoo) made my visit a few weeks ago a very memorable one.  Stud, you have quite the way with words- hope they didn't take too much of your money!!! :D

That's very nice of both of you.  I appreicate the kind words.  I will pat our ground crew on the back, I think the course has been in very good shape all year, so glad you both enjoyed it and you are both welcome back anytime.   One condition for you Stud...You HAVE to bring "H"!!   I won't use his real name without his or your OK.    What a fun guy he was to play with, and that's not just because he was busting your chops during the day...ha   Seems like any round with "H"  would be a good round.    I would say you should get him on MGS, but maybe it's not a good idea for your boss to see your activity. level...ha

Glad you all got out to Compass Pointe!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I received an e-mail from Whiskey Creek.   They are holding their First Annual Pro-Am on Monday, Nov. 6.   The format is a MidAtlanic PGA professional with a 3 person team.   Years ago, I played in three Eastern Shore Pro-Am and enjoyed it very much.   Anyone interested in putting in a team?

Date may be difficult, but if I can, could work- need to know timing etc. 

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

Archived