Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

PA/MD/VA/DC/WV/NJ/NY Meet Up

jbil8802

Damn. Love Laurel hill. How was it?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

It ate my lunch like it usually does.

The rough was very thick. It was hard for me to advance anything beyond 70 or 80 yards. Mostly came into play the first three holes where I started +10 for those 3. Managed a respectable (For me) +6 the final 6 holes of the front.

Course was in OK shape. Certainly not the best I've ever seen it. But I generally only get down there once a year or so.

Still an enjoyable round with good company.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, STUDque made the trek from the eastern shore to Arlington, VA, and we got in a great round.  We both shot pretty well on the front, a bit less well on the back, but both ended up in the low 80's - good for me and great for STUDque who never played our course before. 

Good lunch and camaraderie afterwards, and a quick snap from the balcony of the club, overlooking Red 9 and down into DC and the Washington Monument-   Great day- 

STUDque, thanks for making the drive up- looking forward to getting down your way later this fall or in the spring...

Plano, Carolina Golfer, need to get you two along next time!

Enrique and Drew 2.jpg

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Yes! It was a great time. I tried not to look like a tourist by taking too many pictures but here's a nice one I got:

IMG_4924.JPG

For those keeping score at home, yes, Drew got that up and down like a boss.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Yes! It was a great time. I tried not to look like a tourist by taking too many pictures but here's a nice one I got:

attachicon.gifIMG_4924.JPG

I'm glad you didn't take that one of me half in and out of the bunker two holes later- could have been a disaster!!!  Great time- please post any others that you got- didn't even know you were snapping pics!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Putter MLA Pro Classic

OK so only a few were useful. This one is the backside of the clubhouse.IMG_4920.JPG

I believe this one is on Blue 1 fairway. Looking down at a complex of what is to come. IMG_4921.JPG

This is the par 5 Blue 9. Still can't believe I birdied this monster after a 75y drive. IMG_4923.JPG

No pictures of the red course which was our back 9. I was too busy getting my butt kicked by the course. I tried to get one of Joe with his "closest to the pin" shot to an adjacent hole but he got it out of there too quick.

Looks like a great time. Thanks again for the invite. Hopefully we can all tee it up sometime this fall.

Nice pictures as usual STUD!

attachicon.gifIMG_4924.JPG

I read that you made the trek from the Eastern Shore.   Living in Annapolis and my office on Kent Island, I play and love Eastern Shore golf.   If I had to designate a home course, it would be the River Marsh in Cambridge.   Now that its past Labor Day and the OC traffic has died down, we need to get Carolina and our other local buds and play some Eastern Shore golf.    Hopefully, you don't mind an old coot like me using the tees designated for us old coots.

Hopefully, you don't mind an old coot like me using the tees designated for us old coots.

Hey, I can make boogies and double bogeys from any tee.

Well, we have that in common don't we.   Looking forward to hopefully getting a round or two with you.

Hey Wahoo, if you are in Annapolis, we should try and get 9 in one afternoon at Eisenhower Golf Course, just off Generals Highway in Crownsville- nice, inexpensive little track...I am in Odenton Monday- Wed evenings, so...

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

Hey Wahoo, if you are in Annapolis, we should try and get 9 in one afternoon at Eisenhower Golf Course, just off Generals Highway in Crownsville- nice, inexpensive little track...I am in Odenton Monday- Wed evenings, so...

Excellent idea.   What start time are you thinking, with some time to plan, I can accommodate just about anything on those days.  Let's stay in touch.   Also, Compass Pointe is an alternative, our buddy Carolina's home turf. 

Excellent idea.   What start time are you thinking, with some time to plan, I can accommodate just about anything on those days.  Let's stay in touch.   Also, Compass Pointe is an alternative, our buddy Carolina's home turf. 

yeah, I've mentioned to Ddryan before about my course and I appreciate the thought.  But it might not be as convenient as Eisenhower for both of you.   I haven't been over there at all this year, so I can't give a report on the conditions.  I had heard it was improving.  

yeah, I've mentioned to Ddryan before about my course and I appreciate the thought.  But it might not be as convenient as Eisenhower for both of you.   I haven't been over there at all this year, so I can't give a report on the conditions.  I had heard it was improving.  

While I am no expert on local geography, my thinking was that Compass is not that much more of a commute from Odenton and getting there is no big deal for me.   More importantly, I'm quite sure that both Ddryan and I would love some golf with you. 

Wish I could get in on that action with y'all but I'm not sure if I'd be able to make it up there on a weekday. Sounds like a great time though.

I am usually out of work by about 4:30, although could slip out a bit earlier with advance planning. Either place is fine with me- Eisenhower is only about 10 min away, but I think CP is not that much further up the road, so...

I could do Monday or Tuesday of next week, (11th or 12th) or Monday or Wednesday of the following (18th or 20th)

could even take some leave and get out by 1PM if we were going to try to get 18 in at either place... Carolina, you gotta be there if we are going to CP...

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

As I write this, a 5:00 nine holes is doable on any of those dates.   Early next week, could be a weather problem if the nasty stuff comes up from Florida.  (Let's hope that our buds in Florida stay safe).  Regarding venue, Carolina, are you available?

Thanks guys. I was going off what a friend had told me when I asked why he doesn't come out here. He is in the Odenton area. He said it was too far.

But I'd love to have you guys out and I can promise you some of the best fairways in the area. That's no sales pitch.

I can do the 12th, 18th or 20th.

I'm here every day until my trip to FL on the 27th

For clarification, STUDque is on the eastern shore, down near Pax River- it is a haul for him to get up here.  I am in Odenton Monday thru Wednesday, and live in Fairfax, VA.

I am game for the 12th, with a weather date of the 18th.  Rain does not bother me, I a have played in Scotland and according to our tour guide, the weather was fabulous, it only rained twice during the week .....once for four days, and the other for three!!!!

I am assuming we are talking Compass Point?  are we planning a full round or just 9 holes- I can take off a few hours early on either day if everyone else is up for it..

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

As far as Maryland goes, I'm actually on the "Western" shore. Southern Maryland, if you will. Drive down past everything, then drive another hour, then you get to me

Eastern shore would be Easton/Cambridge/Salisbury/Ocean City

For clarification, STUDque is on the eastern shore, down near Pax River- it is a haul for him to get up here.  I am in Odenton Monday thru Wednesday, and live in Fairfax, VA.

I am game for the 12th, with a weather date of the 18th.  Rain does not bother me, I a have played in Scotland and according to our tour guide, the weather was fabulous, it only rained twice during the week .....once for four days, and the other for three!!!!

I am assuming we are talking Compass Point?  are we planning a full round or just 9 holes- I can take off a few hours early on either day if everyone else is up for it..

If its just 9 holes, either date is fine.   If we want to play 18, the 18th is best for me, but the 12th is still doable, but will need time to make some arrangements. 

so weather looks better on the 18th - Carolina, what say you?  18th for 18 at compass pointe?

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

As far as Maryland goes, I'm actually on the "Western" shore. Southern Maryland, if you will. Drive down past everything, then drive another hour, then you get to me

Eastern shore would be Easton/Cambridge/Salisbury/Ocean City

When I saw Eastern shore, I immediately think Queenstown to Ocean City, that's my error.    That said, its been a long time since I've played Swans Point.   Perhaps, one weekend, with a tee time that allows me to get there without having to wake up with the ducks.

so weather looks better on the 18th - Carolina, what say you? 18th for 18 at compass pointe?

Sounds good to me. Let me just check our tee shirt tomorrow am. And I'll let you know how it looks.

You guys can partake in some JPX900 testing if you like. Well Wahoo can't. He plays the game backwards

So we're gonna be in Philly next week for work and the boss wants us to bring the sticks. Anyone up that way have any course recommendations?

So we're gonna be in Philly next week for work and the boss wants us to bring the sticks. Anyone up that way have any course recommendations?

Lots of good golf in that area plus some local members should have some good thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so weather looks better on the 18th - Carolina, what say you?  18th for 18 at compass pointe?

All my systems are "go" for a launch on the 18th.

18th works here, I could get us out anywhere from 11:30 until 2:40   Let me know if that works for you guys and if so I'll make the tee time.    

Ddryan, im fairfax county, Herndon to be exact. We should meet up and play sometime

Driver : Cobra LTD pro x-stiff 9.5 degrees

3 wood: TaylorMade RBZ tour spoon 13 degrees

5 wood: Titleist 906F 18 degrees

Irons: Mizuno MP-64 $-taper 130

wedges: Mizuno S5 50,56 - Cleveland 60 degree 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3

All sorts of local get togethers in the works here.  Love seeing that some large outings are born out of 2-3 people rounds to start.  Just ask Wahoo.  I ran across an email from about 12 years ago that I sent to MDGolfHacker talking about our first round coming up with Wahoo.  Brought back good memories.  

Just bumping this comment so it doesn't get overlooked.

Archived