Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Fubuki ZT- Question

Hello All,

I have a Fubuki ZT 70 X flex that is in my Callaway big bertha. 

I wanted to get it cut down, I don't much enjoy a 45.5" driver. I have been reading that the shaft is counter balanced or has a high balance point???? How does that affect the Swing weight out come?

I want to take about 1" off and I know that traditionally that leads to 6 swing points drop, but If a shaft is counterbalanced does conventional wisdom apply?

Stock callaway big bertha with a 60 shaft plays at 45.5 and to a D3 swing weight. So with the ~9 gram shaft difference with the 70 that would mean it would play to a D6 where its at currently, minus the midsize grip, then D5? 

Has anyone used this shaft? All input welcomed.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

I contributed to it actually haha. I used an aldila rip in a 70 with the big bertha alpha.But....

I recently got a new fubuki zt in a heavier weight 70, from a friend that didn't want it. I liked the flight it produced in a 3 wood I tried and would like it in the driver. When researchin it's bend profile and all of that, I found a lot of pepole saying it had a high balance point or it was counter weighted and those have different rules to swing weights

My Mixed-Bag:

Cut down the club to your desired length, take it out for a test drive and see if you even miss the swing weight.

If you do, may be able to make it up with removing the 1 gram disc and putting in the heavier one.

or adding lead tape or finding the way into the head and adding the tungsten and rat glue.

the counter balance in the shaft is not that dramatic. I carry the ACCRA tourZ CB and love it. I cut it to 44.5 and there was no difference in feel to me.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Cut down the club to your desired length, take it out for a test drive and see if you even miss the swing weight.

If you do, may be able to make it up with removing the 1 gram disc and putting in the heavier one.

or adding lead tape or finding the way into the head and adding the tungsten and rat glue.

the counter balance in the shaft is not that dramatic. I carry the ACCRA tourZ CB and love it. I cut it to 44.5 and there was no difference in feel to me.

Didn't miss a thing. In fact trying my friends stock driver, it felt heavier and off. At 44.5" it was easier to control club path.

My Mixed-Bag:

Archived