Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ecco Biom Hybrid 2

SPY ZINGER

Ecco Biom Hybrid 2

voo4vF3wuBual_GjKZ3K3JYURDQr3ToHDDtNA_2AEqmcD-gmhcaE_UbwGzClfxgVVAq2_K2rTsVI2ytsiTe8n4gSkPndXvvzdqtuqb0JWucBIedHA89EO-1sIzA1SSQ6YH-3CaWoaeImOqax5ANJeouHRCciflL_dtwUVFsGctse_o1rDDLbsiK1TFjeqXYe0U6Gys0yJsyM1BebLIEmvBI.jpg

Walking the floor of the 2015 PGA Show this past January, I couldn't help but notice a buzz that consumed one particular booth inside the Orange County Convention Center.  I am uncertain if it was the presence of their touring professionals signing autographs, or the unveiling of the new shoes set to launch this year.  The atmosphere was remarkable, and I had the opportunity to spend some time inside the booth.  One particular shoe captured my attention almost immediately.  The Ecco Biom Hybrid 2 was that shoe and is the second coming of an already successful model for the Danish company.

IMG_3358.jpgIMG_3360.jpgIMG_3362.jpg

The Ecco Biom Hybrid 2 launched this past spring, and I had the opportunity to give the shoe a closer look.  If you have read any of my shoe previews in the past, you know I am a connoisseur of the low profile, minimalist shoes.  There is just something about their feel, a natural connection between your feet and the turf.  For the past five years, they've been the style of shoe I have gravitated toward.  The wider toe box and slipper-like comfort has a proven track record with my size 10 hooves. 

IMG_5354.jpg IMG_5363.jpg

Out of the box, the second coming of the Biom Hybrid is 15% lighter than the original.  Like my three iron off the tight fairway grass, the engineers thinned out the midsole so the foot is closer to the turf.  A consistent notable feature in Ecco shoes is the out of the box comfort factor.  It is difficult to find any shoemaker in the game that does this better.  On the foot, and laced up, the Biom Hybrid 2 feels like shoe that's had 30 rounds on them.

IMG_5357.jpg

Ecco golf shoes are constructed by using what Ecco calls an “Advanced Direct-Injection Process.”  This process is the marriage of the upper and outsole without the use of glue or stitching. Ecco explains this is important for three reasons, a water-tight seal, outstanding flexibility, and immediate comfort.  The Biom Hybrid 2 are designed using Yak Leather.  Yak looks and feels a bit more weathered giving it a natural or raw look to the leather.  Yak is three times tougher than regular cowhide.  Ecco utilizes this in golf shoes for its abrasion resistance as well as flexibility.  Ecco treats the leather with a formula they call “Hydromax” for anti-stain and water resistance.

IMG_5355.jpgIMG_5356.jpg

Flipping the shoe over, the Biom Hybrid 2 incorporates a “Dual-Density” outsole which is harder in the stability areas, and softer where stability is less important.  The maximization of comfort.  Ecco scanned the feet of 2,500 athletes (missed the invite) in the design of an anatomically shaped last.

IMG_5358.jpgIMG_5359.jpg

On the course, the Biom Hybrid are one of the most comfortable and flexible shoes I've worn.  With a wider toe box is unrestrictive and allows the toes to move with freedom.  The sole of the shoe wraps up around the toe area to protect against premature wear from the follow-through of the golf swing.  The Biom Hybrid 2 shoes are an absolute joy to play the game in.  In your hands, the design elements are readily apparent, it's a well designed, well constructed shoe that is one of the most comfortable I've worn.

jWBDv_NsUE9uEBYRqXRfVjRjYUZj4MJtKjEVgXBTr3e_VhgQpgZBm8rYbCogPKQED8Cz-yFdDPTIOPXfWtzxKV4aj9nN9BcJBCrG3bLaDNmovOMsvlXxHWRMtivje8XZb9F0Jlg-pCl__zmP6lW5sCWFXCMw_A5Kz8ldv8AqPowD8YnLyaMhM9y34nsRHkG1yB96K2DvgwUOgYMFbOZFl9l.jpg

MSRP: $195

www.eccousa.com

Posted Image

The Press Release

---------------------

ECCO Golf Steps Forward with BIOM Hybrid 2

Best-Selling NATURAL MOTION Shoe Updated for Spring/Summer 2015 with
Enhanced Lightness, Performance and Comfort Features

(Londonderry, NH) – Danish company ECCO – a leading manufacturer of innovative footwear – has launched BIOM Hybrid 2, the next-generation of its best-selling style showcasing patented NATURAL MOTION technology and built atop the award-winning E-DTS outsole.

Premiering for Spring/Summer 2015, BIOM Hybrid 2 (MSRP $195) is slated to be worn in competition by Tour star Fred Couples and other ECCO Golf staff players. It is 15% lighter than the original model thanks to an extra-thin midsole that helps bring players closer to the playing surface. This is complemented by a dual-density TPU outsole. Two-colored to create an inspiring aesthetic, it is harder in areas that need the most stability and softer in key comfort zones.

“We've taken what many have declared the world's most comfortable golf shoe and made it even better,” says Michael Waack, Head of Global Golf at ECCO. “That we can do this is a testament to our skill as shoemakers and the drive that pushes us to pioneer new innovations season after season.”

Like all ECCO golf shoes, BIOM Hybrid 2 is created using the advanced Direct-injection Process. This bonds the upper and outsole unit, creating a one-piece shoe construction without the use of glue or stitching. Benefits include an exceptionally water-tight seal, outstanding flexibility and out-of-the-box comfort.

Additional features of BIOM Hybrid 2 include:

·       Weather Resistance – Naturally soft, breathable and strong yak leather uppers are treated with HYDROMAXâ„¢ and an anti-stain formula for superb protection from the elements

• Anatomical Last Shape – Developed by scanning the feet of 2,500 athletes to provide ideal levels of support

·       Tour-Proven Traction – Constructed from TPU – a highly durable, wear-resistant material – the molded traction bars offer hundreds of traction angles for superb grip

·       Technical Insole System – A new, ultra-premium insole with silicon printing helps prevent unwanted foot movement during the swing

In addition to Couples, the ECCO men's golf collection is worn in competition by Ernie Els, Graeme McDowell, Thomas Bjørn, Thongchai Jaidee, Marcel Siem, Andreas Hartø, Wu Ashun, Will Wilcox, JB Hansen and scores of other Tour stars worldwide.

About ECCO

More than 350 million pairs of ECCO shoes have walked the earth since 1963, when Karl Toosbuy founded the company in Denmark. ECCO is one of the few major shoe manufacturers in the world to own and manage every step of the shoemaking process - from leather production through manufacturing in its own factories and all the way to its stores. ECCO's Scandinavian design philosophy, "The shoe must follow the foot", is guiding the company.  ECCO creates high-comfort, functional, stylish shoes and timeless bags, accessories, small leather goods and shoe care products. Still family owned, ECCO is headquartered in Denmark and employs more than 19,500 people of 57 nationalities worldwide. ECCO products can be found in the 1,100 ECCO stores and 14,000 other sales locations in 85 countries.

ECCO USA is based in Londonderry, New Hampshire. For more information: www.eccousa.com, 800.886.3226

Posted Image

Have a pair of these in brown - one dandy pair of shoes!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Definitely good looking shoes for the course or just casual.  I will be keeping an eye out for these at my local store.

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Very nice indeed.

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

• 2 weeks later...

I have the original, and they are fantastic. I have had lots of issues(blisters) with golf shoes. Absolutely no issue with these.

Driver: Call Epic 9* Stock Fujikura FW: Cally Rogue 17* R Hybrid: Titleis 910h 21* Blue Diamana Irons: Mizuno 850 Forged 5-G Nippon 1150 2 up 0.5" Sand: 54* Vokey SM6 M Grind Lob: 58* Vokey SM6 K Grind Putter: Scotty Select Newport 2 35"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived