What is the strongest/weakest part of your game?

That's my strategy as well Kfilly - that or just don't hit it in a bunker - that works. :)

• Like 2

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

+1 I forgot about that too. I hate bunkers with a passion.

Open the blade, think about line about 1inch or 2 behind the ball, that's where the club enters the sand, you know that fat or heavy shot you don't like in he fairway, that's the shot, you must swing through though enough to allow the ball to come out, you don't need a ton of practice, you just have to understand that the ball will come out if you get the club into the sand.i am talking about green side bunkers, fairway bunkers are way different
  • Like 1

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Open the blade, think about line about 1inch or 2 behind the ball, that's where the club enters the sand, you know that fat or heavy shot you don't like in he fairway, that's the shot, you must swing through though enough to allow the ball to come out, you don't need a ton of practice, you just have to understand that the ball will come out if you get the club into the sand.i am talking about green side bunkers, fairway bunkers are way different

I think the most difficult thing about bunker play is learning to swing hard enough. Same thing holds true for thick rough through the course. Short back fast through around the greens and club face open more upright swing for full shots. (Thick rough that is)

• Like 2

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

That's my strategy as well Kfilly - don't hit it in a bunker - that works. :)

That's my strategy.

I need a lot of practice with that...my problem is that I tend to hit it too fat.

I think the most difficult thing about bunker play is learning to swing hard enough. Same thing holds true for thick rough through the course. Short back fast through around the greens and club face open more upright swing for full shots. (Thick rough that is)

There's my issue as well.

The one thing that really helped me with bunker play was when I realized I just needed to go for it. Can't finesse a bunker shot unless you are really really good. I step up and try and pound as much sand out of there as I can. Usually works out pretty well.

Thank you gents...I might have to invest in a kiddie pool and fill it with sand.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

By opening the blade, you will create more bounce, by using the bounce on the wedge, you can keep from digging in, find a wedge that has high bounce, and it will be much easier as well, as others have said, you have to swing through the ball, it's more of a smooth fluid swing with a good follow through, and trust it.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I feel like when it comes to bunkers, I know what I should do, I just can't commit to doing it! 

• Like 3

:taylormade-small: M1 10.5* - Tour AD BB-6X
:titelist-small: 10F.d. 13.5* - Graffaloy Bi-Matrix X
:titelist-small: 915Hd 20.5* - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  T-MB 2-iron - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  716 AP2 5-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
:vokey-small: SM6 50/56 - DG S400

:cameron-small:  Kombi S 35"

Interesting topic and I've enjoyed the answers thus far.  Mine is simple but I'll try to make it sound more complex. :)

That lack of distance makes it much more difficult for me to recover from a poor shot early in the hole (tee shot or lay up on par 5).

This is it in a nutshell for me, and it seems like each year it gets worse.

Stay young!

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 4 weeks later...

Would a pressure induced hook count? If not I gotta say long lag putting just because the course I learned on had really small greens so I learned to be real crisp with my irons early on but never could practice those long ones... But honestly I was a spastic 12 year old I probably wouldn't have worked on them much if I could have haha.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Strongest

Irons are very consistent

Weakest

Green side bunkers

Depending on the day, putting is either. I've had 27 putts in a round, and as high as 41. Yes, 41 putts.

• Like 1

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I would say penalty shots. a few weeks ago i shot an 86 at the club championship with two water balls and 2 balls OB. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

The last 3-4 months my driver and 5 wood have been my strongest to the point I am thinking of just using those 2 clubs on every shoot LOL! , weakest is probably my approach shots right now always a little left or right.

Right now the strongest part of my game is driving.

That is driving to and from the course and driving the golf cart. Everything else, needs work.

• Like 3

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

Just came to a conclusion. The weakest part of my game is not being able to get all facets of my game going at once. If I'm killing it off the tee my wedges will fall apart. If I'm hitting GIR's (which is rare) my putting will waste them. If my short game is on point it doesn't matter because I'm all over the place off the tee. I'm pretty good with all my clubs, I just can't seem to consistently play them all well together. 

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

Right now, alignment is the worst part of my game!  I am dealing with some major issues and I am struggling to correct it!  Not sure when it started exactly, but I began pushing (or so I thought) all of my irons way right.  Finally after me complaining for a while, my buddy stood behind me and pointed out that I am hitting exactly where I am aiming.  I didn't believe him because I know everything, and addressed another ball again.  Did the old shaft against the hips trick and sure enough, aimed 20 yards or so right. 

Simple fix right?  Apparently not.  I started doing the hip test on all my shots to correct the issue and now I am doing a pull to the left!  Its almost like my brain doesn't feel like I am aiming right so I am altering my swing to try to make up for it...if that makes any sense. 

The struggle is real...back to the range. 

:taylormade-small: M1 10.5* - Tour AD BB-6X
:titelist-small: 10F.d. 13.5* - Graffaloy Bi-Matrix X
:titelist-small: 915Hd 20.5* - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  T-MB 2-iron - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  716 AP2 5-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
:vokey-small: SM6 50/56 - DG S400

:cameron-small:  Kombi S 35"

• 5 weeks later...

My strength is probably my driving. I don't hit the ball very long compared to some fellas my age (270 at my longest) but I like to think I'm fairly consistent at finding center mass with the big stick. My biggest weakness aside from course management is probably my short to mid-range putting but I'm investing a lot of practice time towards improving that so maybe soon it'll be a strength.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Right now the weakest part of my game is the driver and short game. Trying a 44" driver this year and still haven't found it to be the GOAT. My miss is damn near just as bad with it as a 45.5" driver.

Haven't practiced in over a month and haven't played in over three weeks. Last time out got a little yippy with the chip shots and was drawing figure 8's on the way back with the putter.

• Like 1

Right now the weakest part of my game is the driver and short game. Trying a 44" driver this year and still haven't found it to be the GOAT. My miss is damn near just as bad with it as a 45.5" driver.

Haven't practiced in over a month and haven't played in over three weeks. Last time out got a little yippy with the chip shots and was drawing figure 8's on the way back with the putter.

In case you were wondering the later does not get better with age.

• Like 1

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Bunker play mainly because I don't normally hit a lot of bunkers (hope I didn't jinx myself there) and iron play has been killing me all summer but the i20 irons I just got seem to be changing that. I don't generally hit a lot of fairways because we have a lot of dog legs on the course and many of the holes call for my 3 wood off the deck and the damn thing is so long I usually roll it just inside the rough lol. Putter was not strong til I got the metal x. Now it's much better

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes

• 3 weeks later...

Weakest: pitching/chipping

Strongest: driver

I've been working on my chipping and pitching this year and I'm not any better. It's all in my head and I don't have a method I trust.

Ever since I switched to my G30 and put in the Xphlexxx Agera shaft, my driving has become a strength.

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0