Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Edel Putter Fitting Video on YouTube

GolfSpy Barbajo

Found this pretty slick video on Edel's putter fitting process...

I'll have more on this Monday - it's a pretty in-depth process that looks at things you wouldn't think of, and it examines putting from a very unique standpoint.  May not be for everyone, but it certainly is one of the most unique and innovative fitting processes out there...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So I have been wanting to do something with my putting, and have checked out a plethora of different companies, so yesterday I sat down and watched some of the videos on Edel golf putter fittings, and I gotta tell you, I am certainly intrigued by this fitting system. The process makes perfect sense, could this be what I need? The one issue is, I went to their find a fitter, and the closest one that shows is in Naples Florida, which is 11 hours away, that is not going to happen, ever, no chance. I did send them an email to see if there is anything closer, so now I wait. If you don't know the process you should check it out, especially if you struggle putting.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Kor do you have anything closer that uses the SAM putting lab stuff? Club Champion or Cool Clubs or something of the sort.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I recently (Dec. '15) went through an Edel fitting at their headquarters in Liberty Hill, Tx.. I've got a nice very expensive putter now too. The fit and finish of the putter is very good. Howeverrrrr...... the fitting process is not magical at all. It's very basic in my opinion. Just like you see on the video. You will not be awed by the process. It's a putter for pete's sake. Yes, the putter might even be the most important club in your bag. Fine.

So, how did spending a load on a custom fit putter work out for me? Just fine. I putt just as good as I did before using my el cheapo odyssey #9. For me there was no WOW!!; look how my putting has changed. I'm making everything!! Ain't gonna happen. Not at all. Moral of my story is: if you are a lousy putter I suggest you find a different putter that works better for you. Go practice. Ok Sure, go get a fitting of some type. Can't hurt. But, don't think by spending a load of cash on a custom putter and fitting is going to change the fact that you aren't a good putter to begin with. It's just not. Do I recommend Edel? Sure. Nice stuff.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Thanks guys, jbil I will look into it, plaid tganjs for the input, I do understand that it probably won't be magical, but at the same time it makes sense in my mind on how the putter should be fit to you. I still have to make the stroke. It's not likely that I will be able to do the Edel fitting, but I do think a fitting of some kind is needed at this point.

Thanks guys, jbil I will look into it, plaid tganjs for the input, I do understand that it probably won't be magical, but at the same time it makes sense in my mind on how the putter should be fit to you. I still have to make the stroke. It's not likely that I will be able to do the Edel fitting, but I do think a fitting of some kind is needed at this point.

Have you ever tried putting right handed?  More than just a few strokes at the store or with your buddies putter?  Sometime you might want to try it for a week or two.  

Our pro won the Washington State Open many years ago playing right and putting left.  He was probably the best pure putter I have ever personally seen, and I've see the pros on all tours play.  I even gave it a try many years ago, and I actually think my stroke is better from the left, but only from 6 feet and in.  It didn't work on longer putts, and I didn't want to carry two putters.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

One of my buddies, used to play Lefty and putt Righty.....he had to retire from the game due to a knee injury. But he was a great putter!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Have you ever tried putting right handed? More than just a few strokes at the store or with your buddies putter? Sometime you might want to try it for a week or two.

Our pro won the Washington State Open many years ago playing right and putting left. He was probably the best pure putter I have ever personally seen, and I've see the pros on all tours play. I even gave it a try many years ago, and I actually think my stroke is better from the left, but only from 6 feet and in. It didn't work on longer putts, and I didn't want to carry two putters.

I have tried putting right handed, and gone left hand low. It works ok at home, but I haven't tried on the course. Short putts seem to work better but no good on distance control. I think a properly fit putter of any kind will be better than what I am doing, I will start there before going all crazy.

Archived