Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Driver Vs Driver

fozcycle

I got this email today.......Do you have a design in your head that can win?

WE'RE LOOKING FOR AN IDEA THAT WILL CHANGE THE GAME. AND YOUR LIFE. Wilson is launching a new reality television show to air on Golf Channel where contestants compete to design the next great driver. Anyone can enter, no matter if you're an industrial designer or just a fan of the game.

19688186702_407a6ae0ff_o.jpg

Enter today for the chance to have your club produced and sold in pro shops around the world, earn Advisory Staff status at Wilson Labs and WIN $500,000*

APPLY NOW

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

So, all you lawyers out there... If I had a great idea that resulted in a patent, does that mean that Wilson owns the patent since I am an Advisory staff?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Also saw a piece on the Golf Channel today about it. It's gonna be a reality show.....with thw final winner bagging $500,000!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

So, all you lawyers out there... If I had a great idea that resulted in a patent, does that mean that Wilson owns the patent since I am an Advisory staff?

Yup. Guarantee you would have to sign it over to them. It's probably written into the rules for submitting a design. It becomes their's.

Where's X? He's got some familiarity with this I believe

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

I actually spoke to them about us all coming in with a design.  There were some legal issues that kept us from doing it.  But would have been cool to have a MyGolfSpy created driver that was launched by Wilson.  

Regarding giving over designer rights, I have not read through all the legal disclaimers, but 100% of the time I have seen these done, yes your design rights would be given over to the company running the contest.

#TruthDigest

If it's anything like UST Mamiya's "design us a shaft" - I'd pass.

The golf industry has run out of ideas to be honest - if there's a geometric shape left that somebody hasn't already tried, then I'd like to see it.. Somebody who earns a lot more money than you would like you to also do their job for them it seems. And from a company that has struggled to compete with the other leading OEM's in the past few years, I'd be inclined to tell them to go take a running jump. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived