Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Cheymike's bag of sticks

Nike Tech Elite II bag

Nike SQ Dymo Str8-Fit 10.5*

Nike SQ Dymo 3 Wd 15*

Cleveland Launcher 3i

Nike VR 4-AW irons

Eidelon Prime 56* SW

Cleveland Niblick (when its in the bag the 9 iron stays home)

Taylormade Rossa Itsy Bitsy Spider

Bridgestone E6+ & Srixon AD333

:rolleyes:

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Got some pics of those sticks? (BTW which of the VR irons do you have?)

They are the "full cavity" irons. I'm playing those till I get back at least some of my old form and can handle a little less forgiveness and more playability. LOL!

I don't have any pics of them but will try and take some. Can't post 'em from here though... I'm at the job right now. I'll have to do that from home. :rolleyes:

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, we'll be waiting. :)

Well, you asked for it. :lol: Sorry for the background, but I didn't have anything that looked any better. But then again, I guess red is appropriate. LOL!

130.JPG

131.JPG

133.JPG

• SPY VIP

How do you decide when the Niblick makes the bag or stays home?

I have the same hybrid, but the 2H and 4H also. The 2H is in the garage, but the 4H is the go to hybrid. Any reason not to bag the 4H?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

If I'm going to a course where I know grass around the greens is frequently left long, I'll take the Niblick every time. I really like it for getting down into the long grass for short chips/pitches.

As far as the 4H goes, the only reason it isn't in the bag is cuz I don't have one. LOL!

DUHHHHHHHH..... I forgot to mention in the original post... I also have an old "Acuity" (Dick's house brand I think) 5 wood. I would replace that thing but dang it, it hits pretty well for me and I really don't care what brand it is! LOL!

• 3 months later...

A couple changes... The niblick is now out of the bag and in the shed. I've gotten better at working around the green, so its no longer needed and was just taking a slot in the bag.

I got a Nike Dymo 5W which I really like and replaced the Acuity. The head on the Acuity came loose and went flying one day :P and I just didn't feel like fixing it. Maybe some day I'll mix up some epoxy and mess with it.

Just got the Powerbilt AFO N7 10.5* driver yesterday and gonna game it in a tourney this afternoon. I'll possibly replace the Nike driver, but results will tell. :P

Just ordered a Yes! Callie putter and it should be here tomorrow. I'm wanting to go back to more of a blade type and get rid of that huge spider mallet. Again, time and results will tell if it makes the bag or the shed.

Oh... and ball changes too. Now I'm typically gaming Vision balls, or TF Gamer V2s. Despite their "fitting" results, neither the BS E6+ nor the Srixon AD333 worked well with my game/swing. *shrugs* Maybe it was just my mind... :P The Vision UV Yellow works great for me, as does the Artic White. The Gamer is a good ball for the price too. :o

Wooo hooo... The PB AFO N7 is in the bag to stay for a while and the Dymo is banished to the shed (at least till the AFO ticks me off). I hit 10 of 14 fairways yesterday and distance was impressive. :) I can't really say I got an extra 10-20-30-40 yds.... but I can say it was every bit as long as the Dymo and it was much better dispersion. :D I've never felt real comfortable looking down at the Dymo that it was aligned correctly. The PB gives me a feeling of confidence every time I put it in play. It could just be the "Honeymoon" effect. Time will tell.

Now if the Callie will get here so I can give it a go this weekend!!! :P <_>

Nice sticks Mike! I too banished the Niblick after some work with the wedges. Much more confident around the greens this year.

Alot of Nike in the bag, eh? Aside from a short experiment with the Dymo driver, I've never had their stuff in the bag. Love the balls though - the Vapor has been my ball of choice most the season.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Yep ... a lot of Nike. Last Nov on "Black Friday" and "Cyber Monday" (right after black friday) I got some hellacious deals on new Nike stuff. The Dymo is definitely banished for a while after this weekend. I played 3 more rounds with the AFO and yep... its in the bag to stay for a while. ;) The "longer" is now verified for me as well as better dispersion. My average drive just jumped up by almost 10 yards. :) That's probably from just staying in the fairway more and rolling on short grass instead of 2' high stuff though. :(

I like the VR Irons pretty well, although I'm just about ready to move out of the SGI category and try something else.

The Yes! Callie also arrived and I've fallen back in love with a blade putter. The Spider is now in the shed and I'm really happy with the Callie. Very stable and really rolls the ball nice. :)

• 1 month later...

A couple updates...

Got the Yes! Callie model custom fitted for me at Yes! Golf down in Denver. LOVE IT!!! They cut 1/4" from it and put on a mid-size grip for me. I've gamed it for 6 rounds now and have taken the 3 putts pretty much out of the equation.

The Nike Dymo got a haircut. Well.. something cut. I had it cut down to 44" from its stock 45.75. BAM... back in the fairway!! I may have lost 5 - 10 yards carry, but I can't tell cuz its rolling in the short grass more often now instead of deep rough! Heh, loving it now. Gonna get the AFO cut down next and then compare how I feel about each of 'em.

Archived