Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

FORUM MEMBER (PRODUCT REVIEW PROGRAM)

GolfSpy_X

We took a shot with something. Unfortunately, not many followed through on doing the actual reviews. It basically turned into a free equipment grab that wasn't really policeable. The forum has grown quite a bit since, so we're slowly rolling out these type of opportunities again....but certainly not on the same scale.

That would be cool. I really enjoy trying new stuff out, but since I live nearly 2 hours from the nearest golf shop my opportunities are pretty slim. I pretty much have to buy it on flea-bay and resell it if I don't like it.

Hopefully I qualify in the new rules of the testing program when you roll it out.

BK

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gave a review of the Scratch wedge that I received, but I was new to the site and probably didn't give that great of a review. I still use the wedge periodically for practice, but the grooves are worn considerably. Thats the problem with soft wedges, they wear quickly. If I'm being honest (and blunt), it pisses me off that people didn't hold up their end of the bargain (I'm guessing you guys had expected that).

We took a shot with something. Unfortunately, not many followed through on doing the actual reviews. It basically turned into a free equipment grab that wasn't really policeable. The forum has grown quite a bit since, so we're slowly rolling out these type of opportunities again....but certainly not on the same scale.

Well, for me I have always felt obligated when I get something free to give it a write up and let people know my opinion about it, companies normally expect that much out of it. Luckily for me I have played enough golf and tested a lot of products to have a base line for my equipment reviews.

We might not always see eye to eye about the performance on something but that is okay it builds a drive and desire to improve on some aspects. Example is the USPG Black Ops Shaft write up I did. Where the first time through didn't work out well probably mostly do to a fitting issue they sent me two more USPG Black Ops shafts to custom profile and fit for another try at the review. As always I plan to give them an honest and detailed review sort of the MGS way correct?

From a personal / ethical and professional stand point when I make an obligation I go out of my way to fulfill it, sometimes it is a lot later then what I have wanted but in the end it gets done.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

We might not always see eye to eye about the performance on something but that is okay it builds a drive and desire to improve on some aspects. Example is the USPG Black Ops Shaft write up I did. Where the first time through didn't work out well probably mostly do to a fitting issue they sent me two more USPG Black Ops shafts to custom profile and fit for another try at the review.

Wouldn't be much of a review if it always agreed with what the product promoter wanted. Negative reviews written properly can still sell a product because it can still generate interest, especially if the promoter lives up to it.

Archived