TESTERS WANTED! ×

2 New Shafts

I am looking to maybe reshaft my Adams Speedline Driver, and my Taylor Made Burner 3 Wood, both are stiff flex and factory stock shafts. I need a regular shaft, but I want to go low cost, just because I may get rid of the driver soon if it still doesn't preform for me.

I tend to launch the ball high, but other than that, what else going into trying to pick a new shaft? I like so far, the UST Pro Force Shaft that came standard on my Wilson FyBrid 5 wood I won here.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I am looking to maybe reshaft my Adams Speedline Driver, and my Taylor Made Burner 3 Wood, both are stiff flex and factory stock shafts. I need a regular shaft, but I want to go low cost, just because I may get rid of the driver soon if it still doesn't preform for me.

I tend to launch the ball high, but other than that, what else going into trying to pick a new shaft? I like so far, the UST Pro Force Shaft that came standard on my Wilson FyBrid 5 wood I won here.

Flight, feel, weight, and price are all valid concerns when picking new shafts. The one issue that I can see is that most of the time, shafts will perform differently in different heads. Example. I used to play the Adams Insight XTD Pro with the Graphite Design YSQ, and LOVED it. I have tried that shaft in 5 or 6 other clubs, and have never been happy with it.

So, taking into account the variables here, lower flight, lower price... I would suggest looking at the UST V2, Aldila NV, or ProLaunch Red. Fwiw..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

As the AVIXCore is a great shaft the launch was a little to high for my liking so I am much more happy with the flight of the V2. I don't know about the voodoo in my 909 since I'm currently waiting to recieve it in the mail. As nicsherman said though the Graphite Design YSQ is an amazing shaft. I may end up puting one of those or a V2 in my 909 is the Voodoo doesn't work out for me. I also Played the GD YS+6 and its also a decent shaft.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Let me know when you're ready to get rid of that driver JB! Keep that stock shaft for me though!

I've always played stock shafts, although I try to demo all that are available for whatever club I'm buying. It seems to get real confusing really quickly when you start trying to figure out what you want and what is going to feel and play best with different heads, and you don't know until you try it, so I've just accepted what the manufacturers offer.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Thanks guys, I have V2 in my Wilson FyBrid 5 wood, and I really, really love it, I might give it a try.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

What's your swing speed, launch angle, spin, etc? Hard to say what'll work without something to figure off of. Sure, we can all name shafts that are good shafts, but if they don't work for you, you'll hate them, and us collectively for suggesting something that won't work.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

I'm inclined to agree with Nic. The V2, NV, and ProLaunch Red are all very solid, low price, lower launch options. I've had all 3 in my bag at one time or another. I prefer the feel of the NV, but it's tough to argue with the performance/results of the V2. No complaints about the ProLaunch red either.

T

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Archived