TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bermuda Sands Apparel Online Store

wheelerje

Hi everyone! First off, I just wanna say that I work for Bermuda Sands Apparel, and let you know that this is NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT! We recently launched our e-commerce site (which I was very integral in pushing) and I would love to hear some opinions on it.  Layout, ease of use, pictures, whatever.  Let me repeat THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT. I'm not asking anyone to do anything more than to look around and let me know what you think of the site. I'm always looking to get better feedback, and who better than you fine folks!  Thanks again.  CLICK HERE to check out the site.

Some notes:

* http:// does not redirect to the correct https:// url

* SSL certificate is showing as insecure in some browsers (Edge in Windows 10 most notably)

* works fine with a mouse but touch functionality is weak due to overuse of mouseover behaviors

* many pages are using both http and https to fetch content, which is a no no with modern browsers and security controls

Home page looks really good, but the individual category shopping pages are a little  too busy IMO.  For example, the Men's shop is a grid 4x4, with only 2 items in the last row. pictures. No names, no descriptions (unless you mouseover). Honestly it doesn't work, and it makes it feel like the entire product lines is too small.

With tablets and touch becoming the new normal, I would look really hard at eliminating the mouseover and going to a 2x grid with picture and details (picture left, details right, repeat a second column). 

This would help with the other issue. Multiple items that look to be the same item in different colors, when in fact clicking through not only reveals that they are different products, but that multiple colors are offered in those designs (Mirage vs Tioga as an example).  Adding 'color blocks' to the details on the collection view would visually clarify that and hopefully drive click through for purchase.

Those are my quick thoughts on a quick overview. I'm sure I can upset your web developers more if you really want me to. :)

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Whoa.  Thanks for the pointers dru_.  We will try to fix as many of these as we can, but when you're working with a template, sometimes you can't fix everything.  But I definitely think those are some spot on criticisms.  Thanks for the help!

wheelerje,  I just have to say that my club uses your shirts for our club logo.  They own 3 golf clubs, so your shirts are in the Pro Shop at each course.  I personally have a bunch of them, all solid colors.

I take my guys on a Buddy Trip every summer (24 golfers). We go to Kissimmee and play two courses, where Bermuda Sands logo'd shirts are on sale at both of their Pro Shops.

Someone is definitely been making the rounds with this brand.

Thanks for all your work and best of luck to your company.

BTW, I really like the shirts.......This is an official endorsement.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

If Foz like the construction, I would say, you need more flash and style, and then you would hook me onboard!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Archived