mbrodeur86

Playing with Players worse than you...

Our Sponsors

How about this. My younger bro and I played last night. I've been travelling for a whole month non stop (not something I am used to doing) and pretty much burning the candle at both ends and we decided to play an 18 and the final scores were - Me- 82 my bro -81. I absolutely loved every minute of it. I struggled the whole game. My putting has been atrocious all year and now my ball striking is taking a dive because mentally, I'm burnt out. Very unfocused on my play these last few rounds but my bro actually played pretty solid. I always try to encourage him as best as I can and give him a few pointers when I see him doing something wrong. Yesterday, he was fantastic. God am I fortunate. I know I'll get it back but to see him doing so well just made it that much better  :D

• Like 3

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes

I'll play with anyone who is just happy to be out the course, doesn't really mess with my game if they suck just as long as they can control there temper and have fun. I play with 2 guys from my company that are scratch players and it makes me want to be a better player.     

• Like 3

I don't care how good or bad you are unless you are a jerk, you play slow, or you whine all the time.  If you are better than me, great for you but don't be a dick about it.  If you are hacking it, just keep up and have fun.  

I play in a tournament league and we have both low and high handicappers in the league.  We strive to pair 2 lower handicaps with 2 higher handicaps in our pairings.  I have had people complain and say, "Why can't the groupings me made up of all low handicappers or all high handicappers?"  The main reason, you would never play with everyone in the league sooner or later if we did that.  And, pace of play tends to even itself out better the way we do it.   

• Like 4

Check out www.littlejohngolfleague.com a Greater Houston Traveling Golf League

Everyone I play with is worse than me.

Seriously, I don't care what you shoot. Just keep up and laugh at my stupid jokes.

• Like 4

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Everyone I play with is worse than me.

Seriously, I don't care what you shoot. Just keep up and laugh at my stupid jokes.

Or at least just keep up.....

• Like 1

I don't mind who I play with but hate it when they start looking at all angles on the greens as if they're putting for a row of houses. Just talking about winds me up.

I'm guilty of that one. Not so bad during a casual round, but in a tournament, it's a learned habit to read the greens from all angles.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder