Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The New Burner Superfast TP

robbo32

So a good friend of mine hit it and said it was 10-15 yards farther than hit 909 D3. He said he couldn't work the ball as good with the Burner but still had a nice stright ball flight and the best burner he has hit yet. He also said the stock Matrix HD6 is a 65g 3.3 torque shaft so its not as whippy as some of the stock TM shafts. I personally like the looks of it a lot better than the regular Burner Superfast. It also reminds me a lot of the 08 Tour Burner.

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

I agree the graphics are a little much

Different strokes, I guess (pun intended).

I kind of like the graphics...I liked the Ping Rapture graphics as well...more subtle...

But I prefer a driver that keeps me in the fairway..Something of a divining rod that points arrows to the woods on one side and water on the other with a highlighted flashing sweet spot for hitting the fairway...Might be a little busy, but with some Rodney Dangerfield golf pants, I think it would complete the look!

I hit it, and have to say, it did not feel any better than my Superfast, I wasn't very impressed. I liked the Fast 10, the Cobra S2 and G15 much better. I loved the 07 and 08 Burner drivers, this just feels different to me and a step down.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

We got some of these with RIP shafts in them, and all I can say is WOW. Ball speeds were off the charts high. We got in 6 and sold them all in 5 days..... 20 more on order.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I've had mine with a RIP for over a week now and haven't even hit balls with it.... So sad. Playing on Tuesday though, can't wait to see how it performs. First new driver I have bought in about 10 years, I always buy used.

KWheels 

I finally hit the Superfast TP yesterday only because my 909 D2 came in so I had to go test it out. I wasn't all that impressed with it. The ball flew really well and I liked looking down at the club but it just didn't feel good coming off the face. I haven't had the chance to try the Fast 10 but I would like to. No need for me to look at any driver but hybrids now thats a new story.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw one in a shop for the first time today (been sold out everywhere else) and I think it looks great. I didn't get a chance to hit it, but the face angle was nice and square and it lacked the ugly (IMO) crown graphics. If I were in the market for a new driver, it would be very near the top of my "must hit" list.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I hit a used G15 yesterday, and I have to say, it's by far the best driver I have ever hit. I am trying to find a way to buy it before I leave for Myrtle Beach tomorrow

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

I love my Superfast TP. Stock Matrix HD shaft is really stable. I hit it about ten yards farther than my i15, but I'm much more consistent.

Great product.

MY BAG

Driver:      Titleist 917D3 9.5, Fuji Speeder Pro Tour Spec 74 s-flex

Fairway:   Cobra Fly-z+ 15* x-flex
Irons:        Ping i25 4-PW (yellow dot), dynamic gold X100
Wedges:   Cleveland RTX 2.0 60*, TaylorMade TP EF 54*
Putter:       Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2, name stamped, II black oxide finish

Grips:        Golf Pride New Decade Midsize +2 wraps

I tried the Superfast today, I really wanted to buy it, especially with the extra 75.00 of trade in value I would have got, but I couldn't. I didn't like the feel, and I was all over the place with it. I am very happy with my Ping G15.

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

So a good friend of mine hit it and said it was 10-15 yards farther than hit 909 D3. He said he couldn't work the ball as good with the Burner but still had a nice stright ball flight and the best burner he has hit yet. He also said the stock Matrix HD6 is a 65g 3.3 torque shaft so its not as whippy as some of the stock TM shafts. I personally like the looks of it a lot better than the regular Burner Superfast. It also reminds me a lot of the 08 Tour Burner.

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

wanna know the secret to satisfying a woman everytime?...................................................................................................................................................who cares

I hit them both (tp and reg model) And hit 7-10 yds further and lower spin with reg model! Swinging at 113mph you'd think the tp with the stiffer shorter shaft would work better. As for the graphics........I love the red grid on the crown of the reg model. It looks sinister. Picked up 12-15 yds from my sumo squared.

wanna know the secret to satisfying a woman everytime?...................................................................................................................................................who cares

• 2 weeks later...

SuperDeeps in the stores yet?

Yep. And people are buying them at $600!!!! Quite amazing.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Archived