TESTERS WANTED! ×

#TOURSAUCE Do you do it?

Undershooter

Nice Jmike! The best ones are when somebody says you can't.

So true. I got paired up with an older gentleman one time. The last hole was a 200 yd par 3 if I remember right. He hit a 3w right of the green. I pulled a 4i thinking I was being conservative. He sees I have an iron and says "Good luck getting there with that". I just looked up at him for a second and then took the shot. I put it on the green about 15 feet from the pin and then made the birdie putt. He just said "Nice birdie" at that point. I just smiled.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhh what a thread.

If I were to put these into play, I don't know what would happen. I can safely say that some that I golf with would be confused, some amused and other on a whole other level of bewilderment. 

In other words, I have to do this. I'm already guilty of yelling at the ball. But that's way to common. I'm immediately going to start implementing these.

Hat tips. Waving to the crowd. Signaling with my arms when the ball goes offline. Signing my ball for those that are watching, and post round interviews are all a must do.

Oh, and of course being "in transition" and working with my "swing coach".

I love this. Haha. Night = made.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Nice Jmike! The best ones are when somebody says you can't.

He took it in good fun and was a great dude for the entire round.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I just stick my hand out on the tee box when I hit left or right. Because you know, everyone is looking at me to see where I'm going to hit it.

Man, I have seen you hit from the tee box. You dont need to point left or right. Many of those times you needed to point to the next teebox, cuz you flew the greens with your 330 yrd drive. 

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

LOVE this thread. I hereby decree that any BBQ Curtain member must institute #TOURSAUCE when playing with other BBQ Curtain Members. 

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

I actually had the perfect opportunity to do this a few weeks ago and I kicked myself for not having a marker in my pocket. Just for the record, I absolutely love people watching when I play. Some of my buddies say that they get nervous if a group is letting them play through or if a bunch of people they don't know are standing by the green or tee box but I love it. What can I say, I like to show off  B)

Anyway, the story goes. Me and two of my other #toursauce buddies were playing the 8th hole at our home course. Its a par 3 off of the lake that my course is named for. Plays about 170-180 yards from the back tees and is a forced carry the whole way. What makes the hole extra difficult is the fact that the wind is always blowing hard coming off the lake and its either dead in your face or at your back. There was a group of drunk people in water in front of the green next to their boat. I'm surprised some hacker hadn't bladed one and hit one of them because they were in a pretty dangerous spot. Anyway they would cheer when you were on the box and then depending on the shot you hit, either boo or clab. Both of my partners bailed out to the right which is the safe miss and they got some boos. I hit mine about 15 feet passed the pin but directly online so it looked closer than it was. I got an eruption from the drunk "fans" and decided to give them small wave.Rory-Divot-Tap.gif

We get to the green and they are giving us all a hard time and doing the "GET IN THE HOLE" bit on every shot. Talking crap if it doesn't go in. I get over my putt and drill it to sheer joy of the "crowd." I gave them the Phil tip of the cap and headed back the cart. One of my buddies came up to me and asked why I didn't sign the ball and flip it to them. All I could come back with was "I don't have a marker." I was so disappointed with myself :blush:

Fire your caddie for failing to pack the bag right!

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

As an honourary member of the curtin, whilst I have been unknowingly using toursauce I will continue to uphold the tradition and have subscribed to the website and will encourage all in my group to undertake  as much saucing moves as is possible in our rounds.  Did I just write that?

What a great thread Under and I will be mentioning you in my next post round interview! ;)

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

As an honourary member of the curtin, whilst I have been unknowingly using toursauce I will continue to uphold the tradition and have subscribed to the website and will encourage all in my group to undertake  as much saucing moves as is possible in our rounds.  Did I just write that?

What a great thread Under and I will be mentioning you in my next post round interview! ;)

Haha my man!

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Fire your caddie for failing to pack the bag right!

I'm no Allenby! My caddie may have come unprepared this time. But he shall not do it again! I have faith in him. #PrayForTedScott (Bubba Watson's caddie)

I will do the twirl every once in awhile.

I'd say 80 percent of my good drives I'm already grabbing a tee before the ball lands.

I'm not a showman on the green. 

This is an awsome link though.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Here's my next sauce move on the greens :)

NICKLAUS.jpg

My Bag

Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.

One of my partners had a brutally fast downhill 10 footer for par yesterday. He just had to get it rolling, so it was one of those putts that that takes forever to get to the hole but just keeps going. He thought he had left it short and started walking after it. He beat it the hole and watched it fall in. Definitely a toursauce moment.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I play alone a lot so I think next time out I'm just going to pretend I'm doing an instructional video on the course my whole round. Taking about taking the club back on plane, firing the hips, using the bounce on the club ect. that should make things more interesting.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Played in my club's "foursomes championships" today and "Sauced" it up a lot.  I think I talked to my ball today more than I ever have and pulled a few "Miguel's" when I drained a couple of birdies that had the boys in stitches.  We had a great group - 3 pairs and a couple of the others bought in to it and started saucing as well.  It was great fun.  The best laughs were reserved for the 36th hole after bogeying the penultimate I teed up my ball and stood there glaring at it and said to it "You're dead motherf****r" and proceed to melt the ball about 270 down the middle of the fairway :lol:  Best swing/drive I hit all day! :)

My Bag

Lol god I love this. We do something like this (my brother and I ). There are these 4 brothers who are regulars at are club and they are notorious for their behavior on the course. They are over intense and just all around picks to everyone. Anyways we were in a group behind them one day and one of them makes a nice shot and the others are like nice shot and the brother who took the shot quickly says Thank you and moves on. All 4 of them do this. It got so bad that even when they didn't say anything about the shot they would still say thank you really fast so my brother and I do this all the time lol love this post hilarious

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

This whole thread reminds me of a comment a buddy of mine long ago used to make to one of our playing partners.  Our playing partner was notorious for giving commentary after a bad shot to himself. It would go something like this...Geez, man, what is wrong with you.  You keep pulling the ball, hooking the ball, mishitting the ball....."  Greg would look right at him and say..."Mike...they have turned the microphones off."

Check out www.littlejohngolfleague.com a Greater Houston Traveling Golf League

Not sure if this qualifies as #TourSauce, but anytime I make a birdie, or hit a really good shot, I purposely don't react at all. It's my way of saying to everyone around "yeah, I do that all the time"

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Not sure if this qualifies as #TourSauce, but anytime I make a birdie, or hit a really good shot, I purposely don't react at all. It's my way of saying to everyone around "yeah, I do that all the time"

Also my go to. A classic.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

It qualifies, but only if you do the same thing for bad shots. No banging, throwing or tossing clubs; no beating your putter over your head.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On Sunday I have a 4 some going out they are all playing as my treat, i won some free passes for Guessing Jordan would win the US Open. Number one rule is sauce it up. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Sure but If someone tells you good shot or good bird you can't say anything. Just continue to look down a kinda stick your hand halfway up.

Sure but If someone tells you good shot or good bird you can't say anything. Just continue to look down a kinda stick your hand halfway up.

Or even better, tell them how you didn't really like the traj, but it got the job done.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Or even better, tell them how you didn't really like the traj, but it got the job done.

This has been my go to for years. "It was ugly but I guess it'll do this time."

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

I love to complain about a shot no matter how good it ends up being. There is ALWAYS something I can nitpick it for. Even when they end up two feet from the pin, if it rolled to that position I'm unhappy! Haha.

What a game we play.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

My wife thinks I complain too much.  When I hit a shot and it end up on the green with a decent birdie chance and people say "Nice Shot", I will complain because I was trying to hit a certain type of shot and I didn't fly like I want it to.  So, to me. I missed the shot; but to most people I play with, it was great shot.  Seems like the perfect time to do the look down; half wave; fix the divot sauce.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I hit a chip close the other day. so I did the stamp out the little divot, little wave to the crowd... tap in putt while staying out of someones imaginary line. Does that count?

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I hit a chip close the other day. so I did the stamp out the little divot, little wave to the crowd... tap in putt while staying out of someones imaginary line. Does that count?

Count? That's basically step 1 of tour sauce. Keep it up!

Archived