• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Rileyhwl

• By Golfspy_CG2
      COBRA GOLF’S NEW KING FORGED TEC IRONS OFFER BETTER PLAYERS A POWERFUL COMBINATION OF ACCURACY, FEEL, DISTANCE AND FORGIVENESS IN AN EYE-CATCHING DESIGN

The KING Forged TEC Irons Combine Classic Shaping with Distance & Forgiveness In Variable and ONE Length Designs

COBRA Golf today introduced its next generation of KING Forged TEC Irons, featuring a traditional muscle-back shape with a hollow design for softer feel and improved power preferred by better players, available in a variable or ONE Length set make-up. Fusing a classic look with modern, cutting-edge face, finish and feel technologies, the KING Forged TEC irons provide golfers with the ideal balance of precision and distance.

A sleek, muscle-back shape and sophisticated design of the Forged TEC Irons encloses an unassuming hollow body that delivers low CG and helps maximize distance, forgiveness and playability. A hollow cavity is infused with energizing foam microspheres that fine-tune acoustics and create the softer feel that better players desire while supporting a thin PWRSHELL Face for increased ball speeds. An updated forged face insert creates a larger Sweet Zone and return area for higher launch and faster ball speeds in a players iron. A tungsten toe weight centers the CG behind the hitting zone to maximize distance and increase precision for attacking pins, even on off-center hits.

Like a majority of COBRA equipment, the Forged TEC irons will feature the innovative COBRA CONNECT™ Powered by Arccos allowing users to track their accuracy and distance using the Arccos Caddie app on a smart device. Electronically embedded sensors in the grip automatically record the distance and accuracy of every shot so golfers can track their improvements round-to-round.

The KING Forged TEC ONE Length irons offer an added dimension of consistency, as COBRA engineers have manipulated the design of each iron to match the weight and length of a 7-iron, allowing for one simple, repetitive set up and swing motion to reduce variability and increase consistency between clubs. This is primarily achieved through matching 7-iron head and swing weights in every iron to create a consistent feel throughout the set. Weight is added to the ONE Length long irons to compensate for shorter (37.50”) shafts and to match 7-iron swing weight, while weight is removed from the short irons & wedges to compensate for longer shafts while still delivering traditional 7-iron swing weight. In addition, lie angles have been adjusted to optimize ball flight in a ONE Length set configuration. Long irons utilize more upright lie angles, while the short irons and wedges have slightly flatter lie angles delivering more consistent trajectory and ball flights. Lighter long iron shafts encourage easy launch while heavier wedge shafts promote more control into and around the green.

The Forged Tec ONE Length irons are available through stock in an 7-piece (4-PW) set in stiff and regular, in both right and left-handed versions (graphite is available through custom in x-stiff, stiff and regular). The steel version come equipped with a KBS $-Taper Lite (115- stiff, 110 – reg, 120 – wedge) shaft with Lamkin Crossline COBRA CONNECT grips in a blue colorway.

The Forged Tec variable length irons (MAP: $1,099 steel; $1,199 graphite) are available through stock in an 8-piece (4-GW) set in both right and left-hand versions. The steel KBS $-Taper Lite shaft is offered in both regular (R110) and stiff (S115) flexes. Graphite offerings in Project X Catalyst 80 in regular, stiff and x-stiff flexes are available through custom only.  Each set comes stock with Lamkin Crossline COBRA CONNECT grips in black.

The Forged Tec irons in variable and ONE Length will be available at retail and at cobragolf.com beginning November 1, 2019. For more information on the entire KING family of products, visit cobragolf.com.

The First Look Article by our Chris Nickel can be read here  Cobra Forged Tec First Look

• By vdaloia
      I swing the driver at about 95-100 mph and carry about 260 yards. 
      I slice the ball so anything that would minimize that would help The most important thing I am looking for in a ball would be 150 yards and in, I like something that feels kind of soft off of the putter (I use Evnroll er5) and I don't mind some roll out on pitch shots.
      I use M6 irons
      I want to spend no more than 20-30$ a dozen. Currently I use the Srixon Q star tour as I get 40% off of all Srixon equipment for college club golf. However, I would say my favorite golf ball at the moment is chrome soft with the truvis pattern, it just feels very solid. Should I switch to those and buy them off of lostgolfballs or should I stick to my Srixon balls, or anything else. Recommendations and explanations are greatly appreciated, I just want to stop thinking about my equipment.
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      Lynx Golf Continues Momentum with Launch of LynxGolfUSA.com, Release of Black Cat Lines
        (Weybridge, Surrey, UK) – Lynx® Golf – the iconic equipment brand trusted by multiple major championship winners over its storied history – unveils LynxGolfUSA.com, a new website providing American golfers access to the manufacturer’s innovative lines, including the new Black Cat Series.

Launch of the site coincides with new social media channels, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and will feature unique blog content, newsletter sign-up and more. Bolstering the introduction of the new site and social media channels is the U.S. debut of the latest generation of the famed Black Cat line, which delivers leading-edge technology in an attractive and classic aesthetic.  

“The U.S. site is the latest step in our journey to bring this iconic brand back to a place of prominence in the American golf market,” says Stephanie Zinser, CFO and co-owner of Lynx Golf. “Black Cat is the perfect series to accompany our website and social launches as golfers have fond memories of previous iterations, but that nostalgia will quickly be replaced with modern performance that maximizes both distance and accuracy.”

The Black Cat line features innovations unique to the Lynx brand: Effective Energy Transfer – Each driver, fairway wood and hybrid are engineered with proprietary technology designed to disperse energy across the club face, offering greater forgiveness on off-centre hits.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Weight Bar System – Found in the line’s driver and fairway woods, the system transfers weight from the front to the back of the clubhead, giving players control over their preferred launch and spin rate.                                                                                                                                                                             Hollow-Head Technology with Variable Face Thickness – Each iron distributes weight across the hitting surface while a polymer-filled hollow cavity in the head allows for one of the thinnest forged faces in the industry. This provides more effective energy transfer across the face for increased ball speeds and a higher, more stable MOI throughout the set.  Over the past several years, the Lynx brand has made a resounding impact in the U.K., as the company has recorded double-digit annual sales increases every year since 2013. This growth has been driven by several successful products which will be featured on LynxGolfUSA.com including the popular Prowler VT irons, Prowler Forged irons, and Tigress line of women’s clubs.                                    
      “Without our success in Europe and around the world, days like today are not possible” says Steve Elford, CEO and co-owner of Lynx Golf. “What golfers are about to see and experience in the U.S. started nearly a decade ago when our team set out to restore the glory once associated with the iconic brand.”

Founded in the 1970’s by John Riley Sr. and Carl Ross, Lynx® Golf quickly established a massive fanbase among the game’s best players. This included legendary ambassadors who trusted the brand to help them capture victories at the 1992 Masters and 1994 US Open, among other wins.

Lynx’s renowned product lines include everything from TOUR-caliber clubs, such as the Prowler VT irons, to products geared for mid-to-high handicappers. At the professional level, the brand continues to draw talent, as its ambassadors include the legendary Dame Laura Davies and former European Tour standout, and current Sky Sports TV presenter, Nick Dougherty, as well as LET players Lydia Hall, Becky Brewerton and Trish Johnson.  
        About Lynx® Golf

Lynx® Golf concentrates on developing high quality, technologically-advanced but affordable golf clubs, backed up by great customer service. In the UK, it has gained a strong foothold in ‘green grass’ golf accounts – retail operations typically run at golf courses by PGA Professionals - with clubs designed and assembled in the UK at the company’s Weybridge, Surrey, headquarters.

For more information visit: www.Lynxgolfusa.com, www.Lynxgolf.co.uk/, or follow @LynxGolfUK on twitter.
    • By snakebite
      Nike Lunar Control Vapor and Lunar Control 4 ID Golf Shoes, size 12. Worn but with less than 10 rounds on each. Looking to get $50/each but open to offers. 

• By Rodilroy
      Hello there!
      Since there aren’t near ranges where I live and courses memberships and fees are expensive, I have searched for alternatives.
      Found the famous Birdie balls and the Almost Golf Balls and yesterday I came across this new ball: Sci-Core practice ball: here’s a link to a video of them: https://youtu.be/sjVC1mCJEF4
      I have to admit they look good at least. They seem to be similar to the Almost Golf Balls.
      Has anyone from this forum tried them? Would love to see your reviews and experiences
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!