TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cobra Golf + MyGolfSpy Reader Fitting!

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Your Driver vs. Cobra's Drivers Competition!

Cobra Golf wanted to do something unique for the MyGolfSpy readers...so they decided to do a "MyGolfSpy Reader Only Fitting". The fitting will be open to both MyGolfSpy Blog & MyGolfSpy Forum readers...but you guys are going to get first dibs on this experience with Cobra Golf.

They are looking for 10 MyGolfSpy readers to come with their own drivers and go head-to-head against the new Cobra line-up.

You will get to hit all the new drivers in their 2010 line-up and all participants will get some killer Cobra Golf Hats as well.

If you want to attend check out the details on where this will be held below and then reply on the forum with whether or not you will be attending. First come...first serve so check with the wife and kids to see if you can make the trip....should be a lot of fun for you guys!

P.S. - Pics and data collected will be posted on the blog and forum.

Date: Friday June 25th

Time : 3 pm to 6 pm.

#TruthDigest

*sigh* Just a little to far of a roadtrip from Wyoming... Sounds like it will be fun though! :) Whoever gets to go, have a blast!

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Damn, I will be a on trip with the wife and kids during that week. You guys have fun and I will try to catch the next one!

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Im failing to see how this is better than going to Golf Galaxy and hitting all the Cobra clubs and getting fitted there. Is the hat all you walk out with?

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

Im failing to see how this is better than going to Golf Galaxy and hitting all the Cobra clubs and getting fitted there. Is the hat all you walk out with?

I would submit that being fit by the Cobra staff is probably a bit better than being fit by the average GG/Golfsmith employee. Not only would the expertise probably be better, but the launch monitor likely won't be set so that you're hitting the ball at 10,000 feet elevation with a 20MPH tailwind.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I would submit that being fit by the Cobra staff is probably a bit better than being fit by the average GG/Golfsmith employee. Not only would the expertise probably be better, but the launch monitor likely won't be set so that you're hitting the ball at 10,000 feet elevation with a 20MPH tailwind.

Good god yes. Not even close.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I agree, and wish it was a little closer to me, but I am in Myrtle Beach that weekend also. Move it to Myrtle Beach!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Your Driver vs. Cobra's Drivers Competition!

Cobra Golf wanted to do something unique for the MyGolfSpy readers...so they decided to do a "MyGolfSpy Reader Only Fitting". The fitting will be open to both MyGolfSpy Blog & MyGolfSpy Forum readers...but you guys are going to get first dibs on this experience with Cobra Golf.

They are looking for 10 MyGolfSpy readers to come with their own drivers and go head-to-head against the new Cobra line-up.

You will get to hit all the new drivers in their 2010 line-up and all participants will get some killer Cobra Golf Hats as well.

If you want to attend check out the details on where this will be held below and then reply on the forum with whether or not you will be attending. First come...first serve so check with the wife and kids to see if you can make the trip....should be a lot of fun for you guys!

P.S. - Pics and data collected will be posted on the blog and forum.

Date: Friday June 25th

Time : 3 pm to 6 pm.

I will be attending and excited to see their line up and how their driver stacks up against my new Nike VR tour

Ts3 w. 9.5 oban isawa 75g xflex

tsi2 15deg w. Addi 85x 

Vintage 712u 3i with x100

MP18 4-9 w. X100

t7 wedges x100

newport2 heavy 

• SPY VIP

Glad to have you two guys. Can't wait to see the results from this little experiment. I think you will enjoy the guys at Cobra...some of the best in the biz.

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Got our 10 guys...thanks everyone..and look forward to seeing the results and all the data.

(John) - One of us will most likely be attending

#TruthDigest

Archived