hckymeyer

Would you rather...

I'd rather be a scratch amateur I think.  No actually I'd rather be a +4 amateur.  I don't think Tiger is a particularly happy person at the moment.  For all his riches and past glories he just looks plain miserable and has us plebs writing in a golf forum answering a question if we'd like to be in his shoes.

• Like 1

I'd rather be a scratch amateur I think.  No actually I'd rather be a +4 amateur.  I don't think Tiger is a particularly happy person at the moment.  For all his riches and past glories he just looks plain miserable and has us plebs writing in a golf forum answering a question if we'd like to be in his shoes.

Could I be in his shoes on a date?

• Like 1

#1 by far. I'd like to once play in the 70's. Add in all that money and it's an easy decisoin. I can find a new passion with a few million dollars instead of just golf.

• Like 1

Just got a family game that asks a bunch of "would you rather" questions, and thought that a golf version of this would be fun. Looks like @hckymeyer beat me to the idea—four years ago!

So let's do a throwback Friday!

I think it's fine for this thread to be chaotic: throw out topics, reply to others. And I think a measure of absurdity can be fun with these!

So I'll offer a few:

• Would you rather play golf with no depth perception (and no distance aids), or with only one arm?
  • Would you rather have a helping breeze on every shot, or have friendly trees that knock your ball back in play?
  • Would you rather have the starter tell you that the round is going to be six hours, or that somewhere on the course, there's a bear in the woods?
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Just got a family game that asks a bunch of "would you rather" questions, and thought that a golf version of this would be fun. Looks like @hckymeyer beat me to the idea—four years ago!

I think it's fine for this thread to be chaotic: throw out topics, reply to others. And I think a measure of absurdity can be fun with these!

So I'll offer a few:

• Would you rather play golf with no depth perception (and no distance aids), or with only one arm?
  • Would you rather have a helping breeze on every shot, or have friendly trees that knock your ball back in play?
  • Would you rather have the starter tell you that the round is going to be six hours, or that somewhere on the course, there's a bear in the woods?

No depth perception, friendly trees, i choose life -- give me 6 hours

Would you rather never lose a ball off the tee, or never 3 putt?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

So I'll offer a few:

No depth perception, friendly trees, and since the trees are friendly, I wouldn't need to go into the woods, so I choose bear. 

32 minutes ago, yungkory said:

NEVER LOSE A BALL!!!!!!

• Like 1

I’ll take never 3 putt!

Would you rather get a Hole In One and quit golf forever or knowingly go without one forever?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I’ll take never 3 putt!

Would you rather get a Hole In One and quit golf forever or knowingly go without one forever?

Knowingly go without one. 

Edited by GB13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GB13 said:

Knowingly go without one. 

I'm going to agree. Honestly, knowing in advance that it's never going to go in probably removes one distraction. There would almost be a tiny bit less pressure on each par 3 in that case.

Which would result in better shots. But, paradoxically, still not good enough shots. 🙂

• Like 1

The others ones are tough but never three putt is a no brainer for me.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Looking at the money list for the 2017-2018 PGA Season I'd be willing to be the best golfer in the world FOR ONE YEAR.  Nevermind needing 10.  I'd retire, never play golf again and travel and do whatever I watned.  I love golf, I eat, breathe, sleep golf etc... every day but I'd give it up in a second for 10+Million dollars.  I mean geez... the 20th person on the list made 4.1 million dollars.  

https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsnetteam/2018/10/03/2017-2018-pga-tour-money-list-who-earned-total-money-111015/

Edited by SmoothG

Posted (edited)
  • Would you rather play golf with no depth perception (and no distance aids), or with only one arm?  My golf coach in HS only had one eye and his depth perception was terrible.  He couldn't read a putt but was still scratch so you can still play without it.
  • Would you rather have a helping breeze on every shot, or have friendly trees that knock your ball back in play? I'll take the friendly bounces.
  • Would you rather have the starter tell you that the round is going to be six hours, or that somewhere on the course, there's a bear in the woods? If the bear stays in the woods and doesn't come out... I'll take this one.  If the bear is coming out at all, I'll take the 6 hour round.... I'll just also need a cooler of beer. 

Edited by SmoothG
  • Like 2

1) Best player in the world for 10 years

2) One Arm, Trees, Bear

3) Never lose a ball off the tee, you didnt said that I would always 3 putt

4) Hole in one and never play (have to take this because I'm only playing 10 more years anyways)

Easy....since I am 52.  Not so easy if i was 22.  #1 in the World for 10 years.  Set for the remainder of my life, however long that may be. (knock on wood)....