• SPY VIP

The new Ben Hogan Stand Bag

bhoganGolfBags_Banner2.jpg

Ben Hogan is releasing a stand bag retailing at $209

https://www.benhogangolf.com/golfbags

- NOW TAKING PRE-ORDERS -

- FREE SHIPPING & FREE NAME EMBROIDERY -

- BAGS WILL BEGIN SHIPPING DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON -

The new Ben Hogan Stand Bag has been engineered to blend the best of carry bags and cart bags.  Light enough to carry comfortably, but plenty of storage for those who usually ride and want all their gear with them at all times.  Seven zippered pockets offer the ultimate in organization and are easily accessible, whether your bag is strapped on a cart or standing upright on the retractable legs.  Available in four color schemes.

• Popular 5-way top

• Full length dividers

• Dual strap harness

• 6.6lbs

• 7 pockets include:

Velour lined + waterproof valuables pocket

Waterproof garment pocket

Velour lined range finder pocket

Two large garment pockets

Two ball pockets

https://www.benhogangolf.com/golfbags

Bag_MultiColor_01.png

Bag_MultiColor_03.png

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

6.6 lbs is pretty heavy for a stand bag these days and at $209 it should be a lot lighter!

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Okay all you Hogan testers......this is your chance to display and carry the new irons in style.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Looks like a decent bag alright. I like any golf stuff with that Hogan signature logo. Classy.  The bag looks quite similar to the Wilson Ionix bag. I have a 2 year old Wilson Staff bag that's much like the newer Ionix. Like Kenny I think it's a little heavy at 6.6 lbs. I like the Hogan styling but with that weight and $209 I'd go with the Wilson Staff Ionix for $129.00 and 4.4 lbs.

Nice post Foz.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Nice bag, but I will stick to my Titleist carry bag for the time being.

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0311X Gen 2 23* AD DI 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:cameron-small: Pro Platinum Big Sur 48"

I prefer the 14 way top. If for no other reason is because when I put the putter back in the bag I can see if I was stupid and left a club by the green. I of course also like the separation.

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

The colors and materials remind me of my old Cleveland Tour Staff Stand bag which is about 10 years old now. The dividers of the Hogan bag are different though. It looks like the quality and workmanship are as good as the old Cleveland. It would be well worth the price if it holds up as good as mine has. The weight issue I could see if I walked all the time but I am not able to walk much any more (bad ankles). Overall I am impressed with what I am seeing here

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona