#16 josephnaas

josephnaas

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Handicap:2.9

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:22 AM

Great review. We have two of them. My wife loves them.

#17 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 5,388 posts
  • LocationEuharlee, GA
  • Handicap:10

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:37 PM

How is music a violation of the rules?

Edit// Don't worry, I looked it up, tournament rounds I can understand. Casual rounds, who cares.

It's a violation of the rules of golf and if you post a score, the score is not valid. And who cares? Oh I don't know, the people that paid to play the course that don't want to hear your crappy music. Me first society though, so who cares if others don't enjoy their round and my music is a distraction as long as I'm happy right? It's selfish as hell and not in the spirit of the game. I'm sure people that violate that rule though violate others. Preferred lies, dropping without counting the penalty, dropping incorrectly, etc. but hey, spirit of the game as long as I can jam right?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

#18 Hula Rock

Hula Rock

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,907 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas
  • Handicap:3.9

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:01 PM

Hey Dave ......

Golf needs to be fun, play your music, use common sense out there and you should be fine..........

Hit em well

Driver:   :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  50 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

#19 Dave

Dave

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationPerth, AUS
  • Handicap:me

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:01 PM

Thanks HR. I did mean play your music, who cares but I didn't mean blast it out at 140db. Common sense goes a long way, pity it nearly an extinct mannerism now.
I have a revolving WITB policy.

#20 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 5,388 posts
  • LocationEuharlee, GA
  • Handicap:10

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:49 PM

That's the thing, it's never done in moderation. I heard music on 6 holes this past weekend. No one plays music at a moderate volume where no one can hear it. Sound travels, contrary to what music players believe.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

#21 Hula Rock

Hula Rock

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,907 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas
  • Handicap:3.9

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:39 PM

Thanks HR. I did mean play your music, who cares but I didn't mean blast it out at 140db. Common sense goes a long way, pity it nearly an extinct mannerism now.

I get what you are saying, We know when its appropriate to turn it down and listen to it in between shots at a "comfortable' level.  It's not like we are a shot down about to hit a approach shot to the green in the Masters.  Do I always drop from shoulder level , probably not. Do I read a putt from 4 different angles, naaaaa.   I do not get paid to play golf, Its a weekend thing for me to unwind.  Now that I have think about it,  I have to remove a couple of scores from my handicap that I played at the Wynn in Las Vegas since music was playing from accross the street over at Fashion Show mall...............  hahahahahah!

Have fun out there and hit em well......

Driver:   :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  50 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

#22 Kenny B

Kenny B

AGENT NAME: PHOENIX

• Members

• 8,458 posts
  • LocationKennewick, WA
  • Handicap:7.9

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

I have noticed that the CC's that I play and the nice high-end courses that I pay more than I should, have not been a problem with unwanted music.  It's the lower-tier munis where it can be a problem, and my practice course is the lowest of low.  :)  

I can tolerate it there because I am not keeping score; if it bothered my swing, I just drop another ball.  But it is totally unacceptable if I paid money and it affects my game.  I'm telling them to turn it off (which likely they won't), or I'm headed to the clubhouse and requesting a refund.

#23 ~^~

~^~

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:53 PM

As I posted on another thread, noise pollution is everywhere. The OP is flippant about music being on the course, and he's wrong, both for invading others' space and upselling a speaker. How far must one retreat from society to hear Mother Nature?

#24 CHeinze1

CHeinze1

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPhoenix AZ
  • Handicap:19

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:34 AM

This looks like a product I can get behind. I love listening to music when I play a round, and more so when I'm at the range. I like that it will fit in a cup holder too!
Chris Heinze
Phoenix AZ
Handicap: 19

Right Handed
What's in my bag: (Ogio Cirrus)
Driver- Taylormade SLDR 10.5, Fujikura Ref
Fairway- Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Fujikura
Hybrid 4- Taylormade Rescue 4, Fujikura
Irons- Callaway X18 4-PW, steel shafts
Wedge- Alien 60°
Putter- Odyssey White Hot
Grips- D-LW Winn DryTec Midsize
Grip- Putter SuperStroke 2.0 Midsize
Balls- Bridgestone E6
Glove- Adidas
Shoes- Under Armour

#25 DaveP043

DaveP043

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia
  • Handicap:4.6

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:43 PM

It's a violation of the rules of golf and if you post a score, the score is not valid. And who cares? Oh I don't know, the people that paid to play the course that don't want to hear your crappy music.

I agree that its against the rules, and I don't care to hear anyone's music while I'm playing.  However, in a casual round, if you keep it down low, I'm not going to complain.  And if it helps you play better, then i WANT you to post that score, get used to having the music with you.  If we play for money, or in a tournament, we'll play by the rules, and that means no music.  If that makes your game worse, well you made the choice to post those "music-assisted" scores, you can live with the results.

And thanks for the excellent review.  For those who DO like the music (and are willing to be considerate of their fellow-golfers), it sounds like a great product.

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:titelist-small: Titelist 910D3 9.5, Kai'ili 65 S

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

#26 PlaidJacket

PlaidJacket

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,263 posts
  • LocationW. Texas
  • Handicap:62

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:43 PM

Why can't guys wear wireless headphones when they play? I see people doing it everywhere else. That way they can have their music without disturbing me and Dave. :)

My  :wilson_staff_small:  bag currently includes:    TWGT 771CSI 4i - PW and TWGT PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

TM SLDR 14° D, TWGT 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Edel Willimette w/SuperStroke Slim

#27 sebastianshaw

sebastianshaw

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:19 PM

Hello, I've read the almost similar review on reviewposition with some minor updates. Is it too old to purchase? I intend to spend less than 50$ on portable speaker and I need a really good recommendation. If you advice me guys - with some examples, it would be a great help to me

#28 MaxEntropy

MaxEntropy

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationAkron, OH
  • Handicap:~15

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

I'm torn on the subject. I play in a charity scramble every year and there are frequently speakers on the course (and in our foursome). These groups seem to be able to play them with common sense and not try to make the entire course "enjoy" their crappy choice in music. I have been on courses where people are playing it too loud and have been totally unsuccessful at getting a ranger to do something about it. It becomes a nuisance. I'm all for people doing whatever they want, until it effects me.

I like loud music, but I also try to be considerate. I'm weird enough that, when my windows are down, I turn down the volume when I come to a stop light so no one is forced to listen to my garbage.

Common sense is not so common any more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      13 Jan
    KevinE

I won't argue up or down about Warrior products. I have just found them sometimes difficult to deal with. Just a personal observation from a couple of dealings, not a knock, just an observation.

View All Updates

Our Sponsors