GolfSpy Dave

Cart Tunes with the UE BOOM -- REVIEW

Our Sponsors

Thanks HR. I did mean play your music, who cares but I didn't mean blast it out at 140db. Common sense goes a long way, pity it nearly an extinct mannerism now.

I get what you are saying, We know when its appropriate to turn it down and listen to it in between shots at a "comfortable' level.  It's not like we are a shot down about to hit a approach shot to the green in the Masters.  Do I always drop from shoulder level , probably not. Do I read a putt from 4 different angles, naaaaa.   I do not get paid to play golf, Its a weekend thing for me to unwind.  Now that I have think about it,  I have to remove a couple of scores from my handicap that I played at the Wynn in Las Vegas since music was playing from accross the street over at Fashion Show mall...............  hahahahahah!

Have fun out there and hit em well......

I have noticed that the CC's that I play and the nice high-end courses that I pay more than I should, have not been a problem with unwanted music.  It's the lower-tier munis where it can be a problem, and my practice course is the lowest of low.  :)  

I can tolerate it there because I am not keeping score; if it bothered my swing, I just drop another ball.  But it is totally unacceptable if I paid money and it affects my game.  I'm telling them to turn it off (which likely they won't), or I'm headed to the clubhouse and requesting a refund.

• Like 2

As I posted on another thread, noise pollution is everywhere. The OP is flippant about music being on the course, and he's wrong, both for invading others' space and upselling a speaker. How far must one retreat from society to hear Mother Nature?

This looks like a product I can get behind. I love listening to music when I play a round, and more so when I'm at the range. I like that it will fit in a cup holder too!

It's a violation of the rules of golf and if you post a score, the score is not valid. And who cares? Oh I don't know, the people that paid to play the course that don't want to hear your crappy music.

I agree that its against the rules, and I don't care to hear anyone's music while I'm playing.  However, in a casual round, if you keep it down low, I'm not going to complain.  And if it helps you play better, then i WANT you to post that score, get used to having the music with you.  If we play for money, or in a tournament, we'll play by the rules, and that means no music.  If that makes your game worse, well you made the choice to post those "music-assisted" scores, you can live with the results.

And thanks for the excellent review.  For those who DO like the music (and are willing to be considerate of their fellow-golfers), it sounds like a great product.

• Like 1

Why can't guys wear wireless headphones when they play? I see people doing it everywhere else. That way they can have their music without disturbing me and Dave. :)

• Like 1

Hello, I've read the almost similar review on reviewposition with some minor updates. Is it too old to purchase? I intend to spend less than 50$ on portable speaker and I need a really good recommendation. If you advice me guys - with some examples, it would be a great help to me

I'm torn on the subject. I play in a charity scramble every year and there are frequently speakers on the course (and in our foursome). These groups seem to be able to play them with common sense and not try to make the entire course "enjoy" their crappy choice in music. I have been on courses where people are playing it too loud and have been totally unsuccessful at getting a ranger to do something about it. It becomes a nuisance. I'm all for people doing whatever they want, until it effects me.

I like loud music, but I also try to be considerate. I'm weird enough that, when my windows are down, I turn down the volume when I come to a stop light so no one is forced to listen to my garbage.

Common sense is not so common any more.

• Like 1

Another thread bump?   I had to go back and read the thread to appreciate the many and varied personal feelings on music and the course.  Since there is such an overwhelming number of styles and tastes of music, I don't think it should be something used on the course.  I do believe there are some exceptions, but that should be left to common sense.  I know, there seems to be a lack of that in society these days.  Maybe we should start the trend back to common sense through our conduct, and conversations with fellow golfers.  You know, spread the good word.

• Like 2

When I play alone or with my regular partner and we are paired up with another twosome we play music. We are always aware of others on the course that may not like it. So we never play it loud and sometimes off if too close to others. I think used with common sense and respect for others it adds to the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, I've read the almost similar review on reviewposition with some minor updates. Is it too old to purchase? I intend to spend less than 50$ on portable speaker and I need a really good recommendation. If you advice me guys - with some examples, it would be a great help to me

I can't recommend anything under $50, but at around $75, the awkwardly named G-Boom is a nice deal. I have one. I do not use it on the course.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk