TESTERS WANTED! ×

Forum Tester- Selling product

apprenti23

Never come across this yet, but morally its in bad taste, so...

I nominate member SNCGOLF03 to be removed from all future testing...

His set of Ben Hogans is up for sale on Golf W R X

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1230058-ben-hogan-ft-worth-and-tk-ironswedges-mint-x-flex-11-clubs-total/page__gopid__12215450?do=findComment&comment=12215450

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like a pretty trashy move to me. Why not give another member of MGS a chance to try them out if they don't work for you or send them back to MGS to have someone else selected.

I really like the part about financially speaking he can't give them away even though he got them for free. Everything you get from here from info to stuff to review is free then you're going to try to turn around and make money off them? If you're having that much financial trouble quit playing golf and get a f***ing job or learn a skill or trade that can get you a decent job.

Apparently I have strong feelings about this.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Saw these today and wondered if it was the same set. Looks like the topic has been removed

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Yep they just cleaned up the thread and deleted all o the comments. WRX doesn't allow items that were won in free giveaways from WRX to be sold on their forum, but I guess they allow free items won from MGS to be sold.

I pm'd the member here and offered him some options. I'd like these to stay in the hands of the MGS community if possible.

I would love to get my hands on these they have the exact shafts and specs I play

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

It looks like he never even hit them....

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

That is just ridiculous. This site give people the opportunity to get amazing golf products for free and the companies give us these products expect something out of it as far as future customers from what we do. This give all of us a bad name and might make companies think twice before allowing us regular guys to test their products. If i had the chance to test clubs i would take it with respect and never sell them. Even if i absolutely hated them just wrong. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

If he does not want to continue to use them, then either offer them up for another MGS user or donate them to the First Tee Program......Let the First Tee, auction them on ebay so the proceeds can benefit the kids.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I saw that posting yesterday and was wondering. 

I was drooling over those irons and that whole giveaway that whole time it was going on - I think I did the self-fit thing about 15-20 times trying to get different combinations.  I was hoping that I was going to win being that much of a fan of Ben Hogan irons and to compare to my FTX's.  

Maybe companies should look into what ACCRA did for us (I found it to be a cool touch not for this reason but could be a good deterent) but to have the winners name engraved/stamped into the product.  I hope that the winner does the right thing and finds a loving home for these irons if he isn't going to play them - by loving I mean donates or sends them along to another member for testing. 

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

This is why I got so pissed off during testing when he put them on eBay. It looks like he didn't even hit them...

Honestly I wouldn't have minded if he had put them in the classifieds here and said "hey who is willing to give me something for these, buyer must write a review." I would have paid quite a bit for them and would have been happy to write a review. And hell I would have had to have the shafts changed and lie angles bent.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

It's sad. But he is not the only one... A lot of people have disappeared after getting phat loot from MGS.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I'll fess up. I sold my Cobra Amp Cell irons that I reviewed on this site. I did play them for an entire season and they were two generations old when I let them go. I ended up trading them in to 2nd Swing.

As long as you have satisfied all the requirements of the review process I don't have an issue with selling something. Obviously this does not appear to be the case with the guy selling the Hogans though.

Edit: I should add I've never heard an official stance either way from MGS. I would happily comply with whatever direction they give.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I'll fess up. I sold my Cobra Amp Cell irons that I reviewed on this site. I did play them for an entire season and they were two generations old when I let them go. I ended up trading them in to 2nd Swing.

As long as you have satisfied all the requirements of the review process I don't have an issue with selling something. Obviously this does not appear to be the case with the guy selling the Hogans though.

Edit: I should add I've never heard an official stance either way from MGS. I would happily comply with whatever direction they give.

I feel like keeping them through the regular life of an iron set you would buy yourself satisfies any obligation to not dispose of them.

I also don't really think giving up on these so quickly is even fully satisfying the review.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Just to interject...

What was done is ridiculous. Only because from all of the details we followed throughout the process, such as the eBay listing. The pictures presented with no noticeable wear, trying to profit on TWO websites and not here, not even giving the people of MGS an opportunity to have the clubs and so much more just stacks so much against him.

I understand, money can be tight and people find an outlet that they think works. Heck, we don't know this person in real life. This is a group of people on the internet that technically he never has to interact with again. So why not do it and run?

The answer is common decency, respect, and values. If you receive something for free and it doesn't benefit you, pass it on. Within reason.

We haven't even all written our follow ups on the irons yet, and they've been up for sale twice. Since this happened, the guy has fallen off the face of the earth.

What is so upsetting to me is there are a number of forum members that jump into my mind who it seems would KILL for the opportunity to review these clubs, and give them what they and MGS deserve.

Sncgolf do the right thing man. Find a member, let's get him these clubs if they cover shipping, and get a new review set from that person. None of us did anything special when we wrote our review.

We signed up just like dozens of pages worth of people. We were lucky enough to be chosen. Don't throw that away because you're in a tough spot.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

I was dying to try those clubs but unfortunately not base in US so could only read reviews from site like this !!

Would be more than happy to pay shipping plus a little more to try them and write a review should they included people like me that's not based in the US

He's been a member since 2012 and has 63 active posts. Take that for what it's worth. It's the principal of it. Every time there's an item to review that gets posted on the blog hundreds of people sign up for the forums and enter because they want free stuff. When they don't get it, you never hear from them again until there's another item that pops up and they're back to enter again.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I already gave my two cents on this so I am not going to beat a dead horse. I am a member at various golf sites and can say this is the only one that I am really active on for several reasons. Mainly I think it is a good group of guys and I enjoy the different views and opinions that are shared. The key word is shared...not disputed or contentious. I also appreciate that the powers that run the site want our honest opinion on equipment without a bias to any manufacturer. I have been fortunate to do a putter review, a ball review and an iron review and never have once been told what my thoughts should be. The members here and the way the site is run are what makes it different for me and that is something I value.

With that said I do feel that if I am selected to test a product that there is an obligation to the site to do my job to the best that I can. There are certain equipment testing opportunities on here that I don't volunteer for (and yes I think we are volunteering our time and effort as well) since I can't give an honest view since I just know it will not work for me. That is just my view since I am not going to give anyone an objective opinion on the product which I don't think is the right answer.

I did not decide to make this my internet golf home to get free stuff, but rather to have conversations with a group of people that share a passion that I do. I think it is poor form to try and dump some free gear several times before the reviews are even done, but that is just my opinion.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

When I first signed up for this site is was with the hopes to get free stuff. But then I started really getting involved and now I love everything that goes on, the banter, the comradery, the genuine help offered to other members. This just seems to go against what this site is supposed to be about.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Ditto jmikecpa,

This is my golf home on the web.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Here's my thing, I don't believe they've ever been hit off of grass. Ever. And I don't think there was ever any intention on giving these a shot at the bag. I believe he signed up with the intention to flip them if selected. I still believe that was the intent all along. Why? Well, the irons were up on eBay before the review was posted. They were up again on wrx before the follow up was posted. This person doesn't care about this site, the review process nor the members.

And as for the accusation that I changed shafts to up the value in the other thread. No, it's the closest thing Hogan offered to the shafts I've played for a decade at the time (they now offer DG TI's). I know KBS doesn't work for me and I know I bend the tips of KBS shafts because of my swing type. So if you want to know why the shafts were changed, it's because I went to the shaft with a stiff tip and extra strength there versus the new shaft which is actually their old shafts with New labels slapped over the butt sticker (this is a provable fact). Their new KBS is the old KBS but soft stepped. And their shafts are not at all consistent. You see, I went into this wanting to give a fair and unbiased review (not a flip but a review). I enjoy this site, I enjoy these opportunities as well and don't choose to spit in the face of those that own and operate MGS nor the companies providing product for review nor the membership here by flipping the review item. I have sent a wedge I reviewed here along to another member. I got a 3 wedge set, 1 didn't work. I sent it to another member to try.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's in poor taste. It's poor form. And it says a lot about a person and their motives for being here. And I did suggest to another member in a pm that I'd love to see all companies that do offer product for review personalize every item. Stamp the heads or laser etch them to tank the resale value. Etch or paint the graphics on the shaft with the oerson's name or initials. I have a feeling Nike will do something special for the testers. Don't know what but I do know what they're capable of because I've seen it. I'd love to see every manufacturer do it on review product.

If you're having financial struggles (don't buy that much either), golf is the wrong game for you. Sorry, but it's true. Golf is an expensive hobby. I'd try basketball at a public park or cornhole or something without recurring costs.

If someone is flipping review product and doing so blatantly and especially before completing the review (or attempting to), I'd love to see them removed from this community all together. A full IP address ban.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

When I first signed up for this site is was with the hopes to get free stuff. But then I started really getting involved and now I love everything that goes on, the banter, the comradery, the genuine help offered to other members. This just seems to go against what this site is supposed to be about.

Couldn't agree with this statement more.  I would always lurk, read the reviews but I never visited the forums until the Ben Hogan irons opportunity.  Since then I have enjoyed my time here more - just because I am more of a lurker than a poster - doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the site and the banter that goes on.  

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

It's a tough call for the MGS crew though isn't it, if they only give stuff to long term members to trial you don't get new members (or not so many).

better to trust people do the right thing and sometimes be dissapointed than assume folks won't.....

That said many of us didn't sign up to test clubs or win prizes, just to talk golf. If you get an opportunity to test stuff or a prize then good stuff but it's just a bonus.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

It's a tough call for the MGS crew though isn't it, if they only give stuff to long term members to trial you don't get new members (or not so many).

better to trust people do the right thing and sometimes be dissapointed than assume folks won't.....

That said many of us didn't sign up to test clubs or win prizes, just to talk golf. If you get an opportunity to test stuff or a prize then good stuff but it's just a bonus.

Fantastic point Westy. I guess once all of the obligations have been met, then there's nothing you can do. What was so off-putting was that the review process wasn't completely over and yet the set was for sale on eBay and WRX.

Oh I agree it's poor form, no doubt about it.

In a years time if they werent working for him, then no worries. But finish the review process and play fair by the site.

I looked at the other site the other day, looked at one story and was amazed by the trolling of those commenting - horrible place to be. I come here for the peace, tranquility and some crazy distance claims from TM.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I voiced my opinion in the previous thread, when he listed the clubs on eBay, but IMHO when one gets the opportunity to provide a review, one has accepted an offer (contract) to provide an honest evaluation of a product by fullfilling ALL expected requirements of the review: 1) Unboxing/First Impressions 2) Performance Review (stats, range, actual play, comparison with reviewer's current equipment) 3) Followup 4-6 months after reciept of test equipment).  

Once all of the above is completed, I feel like the contract has been honored, but not until then.

In this particular case, I feel like the individual acted in bad faith from the beginning.

That said, I think MGS should continue to provide testing opportunities to newer members, as this case is more the exception, rather than the rule.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Here's my thing, I don't believe they've ever been hit off of grass. Ever. And I don't think there was ever any intention on giving these a shot at the bag. I believe he signed up with the intention to flip them if selected. I still believe that was the intent all along. Why? Well, the irons were up on eBay before the review was posted. They were up again on wrx before the follow up was posted. This person doesn't care about this site, the review process nor the members.

And as for the accusation that I changed shafts to up the value in the other thread. No, it's the closest thing Hogan offered to the shafts I've played for a decade at the time (they now offer DG TI's). I know KBS doesn't work for me and I know I bend the tips of KBS shafts because of my swing type. So if you want to know why the shafts were changed, it's because I went to the shaft with a stiff tip and extra strength there versus the new shaft which is actually their old shafts with New labels slapped over the butt sticker (this is a provable fact). Their new KBS is the old KBS but soft stepped. And their shafts are not at all consistent. You see, I went into this wanting to give a fair and unbiased review (not a flip but a review). I enjoy this site, I enjoy these opportunities as well and don't choose to spit in the face of those that own and operate MGS nor the companies providing product for review nor the membership here by flipping the review item. I have sent a wedge I reviewed here along to another member. I got a 3 wedge set, 1 didn't work. I sent it to another member to try.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's in poor taste. It's poor form. And it says a lot about a person and their motives for being here. And I did suggest to another member in a pm that I'd love to see all companies that do offer product for review personalize every item. Stamp the heads or laser etch them to tank the resale value. Etch or paint the graphics on the shaft with the oerson's name or initials. I have a feeling Nike will do something special for the testers. Don't know what but I do know what they're capable of because I've seen it. I'd love to see every manufacturer do it on review product.

If you're having financial struggles (don't buy that much either), golf is the wrong game for you. Sorry, but it's true. Golf is an expensive hobby. I'd try basketball at a public park or cornhole or something without recurring costs.

If someone is flipping review product and doing so blatantly and especially before completing the review (or attempting to), I'd love to see them removed from this community all together. A full IP address ban.

First off, like I said before, I played more often than I normally would to review the Hogans in full. Played with them fully in the bag at least 10 rounds including 2 scrambles up until the Final Review was posted.  Then I alternated rounds between my Adams CMBs and the Hogans to further compare which ones worked better, although given the prior rounds I had the feelings the Adams would probably stay in the bag.  Kept stats comparing the 2 sets which lead up to the Post Review questions which leads us to where we are today.

Secondly, I'd appreciate it if you were to not make up lies and assumptions.  The ebay listing was NOT posted before my Final Review was done.  The Wrx listing was NOT listed before my Final Questions post.  I didn't go into this review thinking about a 'flip'.  The work we as reviews put into this was not small.  We all have busy lives and all testers in all the reviews done on MGS that I've read have been very well done and thorough.  

I'll be posting the videos I made DURING my review process hopefully in the next few hours/days.  They're pretty large files, especially the range test, and are taking a long time to download.  I'll post the links here and on my Review when they're done.

WITB:

Ping G30 9* (set to 10*)- Ping Tour 60 X

Ping G20 15* - Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X

Cobra Bio Cell Pro 19* (set to 20*) - Graphite Design Deep Impact 80H X

Adams CMB 4-GW - TT Dynamic Gold Tour X100

Cobra Trusty Rusty 55* and 61* - TT S200

Taylormade New Spider Mallet 35"

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NRpBkIyuDAY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

WITB:

Ping G30 9* (set to 10*)- Ping Tour 60 X

Ping G20 15* - Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X

Cobra Bio Cell Pro 19* (set to 20*) - Graphite Design Deep Impact 80H X

Adams CMB 4-GW - TT Dynamic Gold Tour X100

Cobra Trusty Rusty 55* and 61* - TT S200

Taylormade New Spider Mallet 35"

What a mess. There's no happy ending to any of this conversation. So sad for everyone involved.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Archived