apprenti23

Forum Tester- Selling product

Seems like a pretty trashy move to me. Why not give another member of MGS a chance to try them out if they don't work for you or send them back to MGS to have someone else selected.

I really like the part about financially speaking he can't give them away even though he got them for free. Everything you get from here from info to stuff to review is free then you're going to try to turn around and make money off them? If you're having that much financial trouble quit playing golf and get a f***ing job or learn a skill or trade that can get you a decent job.

Apparently I have strong feelings about this.

You may have strong feelings but I agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I gamed my first review set for 2 years, eventually buying graphite shafts (Project X) off eBay and installing them. Then, after receiving a second set of irons to review(Cobra F6), I gave the first ones(Cobra Bio Cell) to my buddy for the cost of the new shafts.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

I remember the Hogan ordeal as well like it was yesterday.  I too was a reviewer in 2016 for the JPX-EZ Forged irons.  I ended up selling the irons to another member (well below Market Value at the time) on the forum with the hopes that he would add to the reviews of the irons out of respect for MGS and Mizuno.  

After the irons were delivered I do not hear or see any review posted.  

It is an unfortunate situation that will ruffle feathers from time to time - but not all equipment will work for all testers.  

• Like 4

I remember the Hogan ordeal as well like it was yesterday.  I too was a reviewer in 2016 for the JPX-EZ Forged irons.  I ended up selling the irons to another member (well below Market Value at the time) on the forum with the hopes that he would add to the reviews of the irons out of respect for MGS and Mizuno.  

After the irons were delivered I do not hear or see any review posted.  

It is an unfortunate situation that will ruffle feathers from time to time - but not all equipment will work for all testers.  

I think GS_Meyer and Adam and other staff have recently stated it pretty clearly.    Once you meet the review obligation the clubs are yours to do as you see fit.

I applaud you selling them to a member at a great price, and yeah it would be great if they had chimed in with their thoughts as well.  I mean the more varied levels and types of players that the forum can get feedback from, it's all the better for everyone.

I donated the Evnroll ER5 putter I reviewed as a prize for the Fantasy Football contest, and mentioned that i hoped the winner would share his thoughts on it in the review thread as well.  i have yet to see anything on it.   Understanding the second hand recipients are under no binding agreement to do so, as they are not an official reviewer.  However, if it's mentioned by the original tester they are making it available at a very good price or even free, I would like to think a person would feel obligated to at least  post some thoughts on it. 

• Like 6

First review I did was for a shaft that just did not work for me.  After hitting it for a few rounds it was sent to another MGS member.  If I can't use it, someone should.

• Like 7

First review I did was for a shaft that just did not work for me.  After hitting it for a few rounds it was sent to another MGS member.  If I can't use it, someone should.

I did the same thing with my Paderson shaft. I think I asked them to pay the shipping or something.

It happens. Sometimes the equipment doesn't work for you.

• Like 2

I did the same thing with my Paderson shaft. I think I asked them to pay the shipping or something.

It happens. Sometimes the equipment doesn't work for you.

I did the same with my Paderson.  On the flip side when I reviewed the Cobra Biocell irons I gamed them for a season or two and then sold them.

• Like 3

I did the same with my Paderson.  On the flip side when I reviewed the Cobra Biocell irons I gamed them for a season or two and then sold them.

That may be the case for my Hogans. I cant stand the short irons and wedge but I like the long irons. Right now, I'm just rocking a mixed back. 

I can understand selling them if you have done your obligation for the MGS community to review them over the course of the year but to have never hit them and put them ONLINE for sale is terrible.

I can understand selling them if you have done your obligation for the MGS community to review them over the course of the year but to have never hit them and put them ONLINE for sale is terrible.

Sounds like you have a misconception about this. You might want to go back and read the thread again...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I thought hard about whether to bump this or not on this fine Thursday. I ultimately decided to press forward based on a few things but I will say this, make sure you read the whole thread before commenting.

1.) There can be more to a story than meets the eye.

After reading the first page, I was ready to grab my pitchfork. Then I read more and realized it wasn't as bad as it seemed. We can take this example to our daily lives to ensure we gather all the information before jumping to a conclusion.

2.) Our members are super passionate.

Can you fault us? Absolutely not. I thought it was really special to see the community enforce the moral codes before mods even had to comment. If nothing else, this demonstrates how important these reviews are to the community.

3.) Never choose a permanent solution for a temporary problem

I get that SNC was feeling the strain of student loans, but guess how far the money from the club sale would've gotten him? One month. Come the 15th of next month, the bill will come due again and he'll still be in the same predicament without more clubs to sell. Anytime I sell clubs, I try to think about what I'm getting with the money and how I'll feel about it in a year.

4.) Sometimes the bad guy is really the good guy.

After seeing SNC's response, I felt bad for feeling the way I felt about him. I'm sure his feelings were hurt as well considering the fact that he put (what he considered to be) a lot of work into the review. I really give him props for addressing the issue and taking the high road in this very thread. It would've been so easy for him to throw the middle finger to MGS and disappear.

5.) Sometimes the good guy ends up being the bad guy

I'm not out here to bash apprenti, but I looked for those Hogan comments he promised. Couldn't find them. That doesn't mean he didn't provide comments anywhere, but if I'm a betting man, it didn't happen on MGS. Even more so, I noticed he totally skipped a Puma shoes test he was selected for without even doing a stage 1. Life may have gotten in the way, but we've all got lives. Just this summer, we had a number of selected testers deal with injuries and hospital stays. The one thing those guys did, was they informed the forum of the situation and followed through when they were able. That's character to me.

In conclusion, this thread demonstrates a dark moment in MGS history......but that makes it a very valuable learning experience to us all. World history is littered with dark moments that we all can learn from so they don't happen again.

And in the grand scheme, if this is as bad as MGS gets, I think we're doing just fine

Sent from #throwbackthursday

Well put. This is a great take on each of the different aspects