Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

TourSpecGolf

PlaidJacket

Somehow this morning I stumbled onto this Japanese golf (mostly) equipment website. I found it interesting and thought some of you guys might like killing some time looking around. Tons of equipment and some odd accessories. Like... Sword Oil for your irons. LOL Anyway here's a link..

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

If you want the best JDM equipment, TourSpec and Fairways are the only ways to go and be sure of no counterfeits.   But be prepared to sell your soul.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

They have nice prices too!...:(

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I went that route once and bought a hideously expensive Epon AF-901 dedicated driving iron. 

It's a very good golf club and will probably go back in the bag replacing my longest FW15 which is four degrees weaker. 

The problem is that's it's been a money pit.  First, the initial high cost.  Then swapping the MachLine UT370 shaft to an Aldila NV Pro105 to match my other irons.  Now, swapping to a UST Mamiya Recoil 660 won't be for free either. 

In short, the boutique brand Japanese clubs, if the Epon is an accurate example, are indeed good golf clubs.  The extra money is for the panache, however.  They, like any other clubs, won't suddenly make somebody a better player. They give people an opportunity to bs about specific carbon steel alloys and forging and grinding techniques. That falls on deaf ears to me, because if a cast stainless iron has the correct metrics, it feels as good to me as anything else.

I used to go on that site all the time.  Cool stuff but its waaaaaaay overpriced.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

• 2 weeks later...

Just found it?  Tourspec has been on business at least for 5 years.   I bought some iron heads from them back in 2013.  Order processing is slow.  I'm not sure they really do have anything in stock because they have to order everything from the manufacturer. 

Regarding the prices, well cheaper than what they have in Japan.   I went to Japan back in 2013.  Bought a Yonex Ezone 380 driver for 65,000 yen (about $600 back then, now because of yen devaluation costs about $550).  And it was a small golf store in Osaka (higher prices in Tokyo).     I checked their website, and they are selling for $500 back in 2013?  Why golf equipment is so expensive in Japan?  because their standard of living is high and the cost of labor is also high.   $3000 a month wouldn't be enough money to live in Tokyo.  

• 3 weeks later...

Prices are only high if your comparing it to the mass produced big brands.

For JDM gear Tourspec's prices are very good. Whether you like/except it or not, JDM is a whole different world of golf equipment. What you will find is the build and finish quality is usually to a much higher standard.

I've bought a number of things through them and there service has been outstanding. Delivery times have been no slower than gear I've bought from the USA.

• 3 months later...

Prices are only high if your comparing it to the mass produced big brands.

For JDM gear Tourspec's prices are very good. Whether you like/except it or not, JDM is a whole different world of golf equipment. What you will find is the build and finish quality is usually to a much higher standard.

I've bought a number of things through them and there service has been outstanding. Delivery times have been no slower than gear I've bought from the USA.

That's not really true. Recently I decided to buy one of those non-conforming drivers. I looked on rakuten but wasn't finding what I wanted so I bought a head from TSG. I get the package from Japan and it includes invoice in yen. It was less than half of what I actually paid. Still stings a bit when I think about it but it's a nice looking driver. Since it's winter here, I can't go hit the damn thing to see if I actually gained anything.

Can anybody decipher this?

zetadriver2114lgg.jpg

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

zetadriver2114lgg.jpg

yes, it's a Cobra AMP from 2012 with an extra weight in the port hole done in Silver black and blue, instead of Silver black and orange, and comes with a 500% mark up

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

zetadriver2114lgg.jpg

yes, it's a suped up Cobra AMP from 2012, done in Silver black and blue instead of silver black and orange. and 5000% mark up??

J/K just saw the "N" on the hosel adapter and took a stab

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

• 2 years later...

Used TourSpecGolf to purchase kyoei mb blades

First, these blades are unreal both in terms of look and feel

Second, couldnt be more pleased with the site and the service. Paid an arm and a leg but thats the nature of the business

• 1 month later...

I`m often dreaming looking on TSG.

The stuff they do looks stunning I really want some Miura irons. Sky Dream Jump wedges

We all have different wants, feels, and needs, I am just glad we have options for all these fine things.

If it makes you happy and no one gets hurt along the way...go for it!!!

:callaway-small: rouge subzero Fujikura Evo 2 shaft

:titelist-small:  F2  3 wood Mitsubishi rayon 

:titelist-small:  818.21 hybrid Even flow black

Ben Hogan irons apex 4 shafts 

:mizuno-small: S18 wedges 50/54/58

:titelist-small:  Cameron and Crown M1

• 2 months later...

Compared to memberships and green fees, which are incredibly expensive, equipment is a one shot deal. 

If you see something in the Japanese catalog that you like, and you're past the mortgage and kids' tuition years, may as well bite the bullet. 

We're all going to be dead for a very long time. Let your executor worry about your debts. 

If I can actually get myself back on the course, which is honestly looking iffy right now, I would consider buying one last new set--no holds barred. 

But first, somebody would have to make something that I like.  The OEMs obviously don't regard me as their target market.

I know at least two companies making hickory shafted reproductions. 

I could go with that.

It's pretty obvious that if I make it back, I'm not going to have a ton of game anyway. 

• 1 month later...

That site is a lot of pump and dump from the members there. They will hype it up as it was the best thing out there and then the next thing you know its on the for sale list.  None of the JDM stuff is going be better than what's in the mainstream market here in the US. The resale market is limited to that forum only. Expect to pay a premium for those clubs with very little resale value here in the US. Some of those house brand like SEVEN will be hyped up like crazy by the owner and he'll charge like $3k for a set of irons that is unproven in technology but based on looks, pictures, and probably some china factory models he found. You're better off sticking with the US products.  They will tend recommend the most expensive brands only.  Keep an eye on the forums for awhile and make your own judgement before you purchase anything.  Just keep in mind that there is no resale value for some of the items here in the US. 

• 3 weeks later...

Used TourSpecGolf to purchase kyoei mb blades

First, these blades are unreal both in terms of look and feel

Second, couldnt be more pleased with the site and the service. Paid an arm and a leg but thats the nature of the business

I am thinking of getting these as well, great looking and the grind and loft is exactly what I am looking for. Wish they had wedges that followed the same loft gaps.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 1 month later...

Archived