Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Shortest holes you've ever played?

westy

Last week I played a 727 yard par 5, this weekend I'm playing a comp at a course which has a 75 yard par 3 over a quarry.

Anyone played a shorter hole on a full course?

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

The shortest hole I've ever played on a full length course was a 120 yard par three that played about 95 yards because of the elevation.  It felt like about a 3/4 sand wedge and it was havoc in a strong wind again because it was so high up.  It really messed with my head.

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

The course I played in high school is a par 30 front with 6 par 3 set as a beginner course #1 hole is 105 from the blue over a small pond but usually plays less than 95 yards. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

The shortest I played was #9 at Pine Ridge Country Club in Winnfield, LA......I was a member there for 5 years and this was my Hole-in-One!........97 yards.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

The ones I've made 1's on - those are the shortest holes I've ever played - oh you mean by distance not time -

I don't recall ever playing a hole under 90 on a regulation course - there's one that ranges from 60 to 95 on the Par 3 course that I will play on occasion.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

There is a par 3 at orchard hills country club in Buchanan Mich. That plays as an 80 yard shot, is probably the easiest/ hardest par 3 to play, it's straightforward, I think a bunker right and back, but nothing in he way, just an 80 yard shot. There is a hole at Tega Cay golf club here in South Carolina tha has a 120 yarded that is severely elevated so it plays to about.85-90 yards, a total guess unless you use slope on the rangefinder, that's a tough hole as well

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Last year I played at Oasis RV Park and Golf Course in Ephrata, WA.  Nine hole par 27 with the smallest, mounded greens ever, but the were very smooth and quite fast.  Hard greens to hit and you could putt right off them.   On the 4th of July they had a blind draw scramble that my team won at 21.  

GOLF COURSE INFORMATION

Holes         1     2      3      4      5        6       7       8       9

Par               3     3      3      3      3       3       3       3       3

Yardage   75 110   85   65 140  115   135    95   110

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Pawleys Plantation on Pawley's Island SC has a par 3 over a swamp that can play anywhere from 55 yards to maybe 95 yards over a swamp to a narrow but long island green. Miss that green and you are screwed. The drop area is on the right side of the green. If the pin is all the way left you have a 75 foot putt. I did make a par that way one day. All the locals say that "It is the shortest par 5 Nicklaus ever designed"

Caladonia right up the road from there has a short par 3 that may be only 100 yards at the most. Local legend has it that it was the only place to put the 9 th hole

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I'd say around 75-80 yards. Most of the courses I used to play had some short holes. Around 100 yards in is about the shortest I see on a regular basis. The longest was a 240 yard par 3 or a 650 yard par 5. They were not fun.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Hole #1 at Pismo Beach golf course usually played 65-75 yards. Such a tough distance.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

The club to which I belonged for years is now acres and acres of house lots.  It began as a social, health, and racquet sports club and then bought the run down, WPA Project muni next door from the town and fixed it up. I loved the place and miss it, but it was unique in that it had only ONE set of Field Turf tees and there was but one yardage listed on the card for every hole.

Anyway, the shortest was 88 yds., but it was a fun hole because despite its shortish length, the course featured some of the largest greens in the area. This one, however,  was the size of a pitch and putt course green--a small one at that--and the sudden contrast was visually jolting.

Well, I played the hole twice on Sunday in a comp. 60 yards to clear quarry (dead in there). Then a green that's 100 feet wide but only 8 paces deep, that's sloping towards you steeply.

Oh and it was down wind! Out the back is lush grabby rough up a bank.

Went long in first round and didn't get up and down, left chip above hole.....cardinal sin.

Lipped out for birdie in second round and had to hole a horrible 18 inch cross slope putt for the par.

This was a hundred and ten year old course that has kept the original and strange start of a par 5 and then three par 3's (ranging from 75 yards to 200 yards) and then another par 5. Par 69 course of 5900 yards. Tiny greens, and I mean tiny. Love courses with character, makes a ncue change from the modern courses sometimes.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Archived