Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

College Football

fozcycle

My Kentucky Wildcats open their SEC conference battles with South Carolina this weekend. 

Saturday, September 12, 7:30 PM on the SEC Network (SECN)
Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, South Carolina

usa-today-8784969.0.jpg

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Penny for your deleted thoughts.

I think I was going to needle you a bit about Bowl Wins and such because I've heard a bunch about it up here in BIG10 country but did some research and it wasn't worth it. I don't really have a dog in the race so it's didn't matter if it wasn't a big discrepancy. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

I think I was going to needle you a bit about Bowl Wins and such because I've heard a bunch about it up here in BIG10 country but did some research and it wasn't worth it. I don't really have a dog in the race so it's didn't matter if it wasn't a big discrepancy.

Well, its true that the Big Ten had a great bowl season this past year - without a traditionally strong Michigan.  And that speaks for itself.  But so do the 10+ years of dumpster fires that came before it.  Its getting better, but its going to have to earn any respect it gets.  Ohio State has earned that.  I'm not 100% objective about it, but in my opinion, my Spartans have earned it - or are close to earning it.  They have beat some quality opponents in bowls over the last few years and have beat Ohio State (the only Big Ten team to do so post Urban). 

Right now, I think they deserve and can play to the ranking.  But it all gets proven on the field.  The nice thing about the playoffs is that if you make it you are going to have to beat two good opponents to win.  This weeds out teams that may have gotten there from a "weak" conference.

For this week  my Spartans have the Ducks.  The home team has won every meeting between these teams.  I hope this weekend is no exception.  On paper, it looks like a win, but I am concerned about how the secondary defends the ducks and I also question whether the defensive co-coordinators can adjust and match wits with the OC of Oregon.   Both of the areas I mentioned ought to be fine in the longer term, but they are light on experience now and a stiff test looms. Saturday.

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

I'm always down for a little ribbing so it woulda been no harm no fowl. And as for the bowl record, yes the SEC dragged ass last year and went 7-5. I knew they had a shot at having a down bowl season. There were alot of swing games. 

Ole Miss stood no shot against TCU without their best offensive player Treadwell out for the year.

I thought MSU would have a better showing against Georgia Tech but I guess losing their DC prior to the bowl game was a bigger hit than I thought.

Both LSU and Auburn lost nail biters. 

And of course who can forget Bama losing to OSU. It was a good game which OSU outplayed Bama. I may or may not have tried to wring Kiffin's neck through the TV in the 2nd half for his absolutely awful play calling. Henry was running through them like a hot knife through butter and they kept throwing the ball.

Anyway it was definitely a down bowl year for the SEC.  Hopefully this year will not be.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I've bitten the bullett and selected a college team to follow for the season.  I used a very scientific method to select my team - which one had the coolest logo :lol:  The lucky winners were Clemson with their wolf footprint.  I'm guessing it is a wolf footprint, something tells me I should have done more research and I'm going to get paid out on.  The good news is they won their first game so go you good thing.

Clemson!

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

I've bitten the bullett and selected a college team to follow for the season.  I used a very scientific method to select my team - which one had the coolest logo :lol:  The lucky winners were Clemson with their wolf footprint.  I'm guessing it is a wolf footprint, something tells me I should have done more research and I'm going to get paid out on.  The good news is they won their first game so go you good thing.

Clemson!

Its a tiger paw print.....

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Thanks Theo, knew I shoulda researched it better,  Not much difference, wolf, Tiger whatever.  Sort of appropriate cause I said earlier in the thread there must be a team called the tigers.  I'm an aussie philistine I know, I know.  Go Clemson!

My Bag

Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.

Thanks Theo, knew I shoulda researched it better,  Not much difference, wolf, Tiger whatever.  Sort of appropriate cause I said earlier in the thread there must be a team called the tigers.  I'm an aussie philistine I know, I know.  Go Clemson!

Shoulda joined the dark side and said Roll Tide! Lol We have an inordinanant amount of bandwagon fans so you woulda fit right in.

Shoulda joined the dark side and said Roll Tide! Lol We have an inordinanant amount of bandwagon fans so you woulda fit right in.

I did consider it Under but I couldn't bring myself to do it with the prospect of the whole bandwagon paradigm being thrown at me.  We have fans over here that change teams faster than they change under wear depending on who is winning.  Clemson are sort of middle of the road soooooo...

My Bag

I did consider it Under but I couldn't bring myself to do it with the prospect of the whole bandwagon paradigm being thrown at me. We have fans over here that change teams faster than they change under wear depending on who is winning. Clemson are sort of middle of the road soooooo...

fair enough! The bandwagon Bama fans get old as it is.

I am a big ten guy so I am biased, but when I look at the sec, after the top 2 teams, they are just as mediocre as any other conference, Alabama, then??? No one else is close same as the big ten, Ohio then ?? Out west you have Oregon then ??? Sure each conference has good teams in it, but these teams have been consistently good for a long time. The Sec is not superior to anything, 5 years ago you could say that, but right now it's very close. All the conferences beat each other up weekly, so if you can get through with only 1 loss or manage to go undefeated that's a great season and should go to the playoffs.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I am a big ten guy so I am biased, but when I look at the sec, after the top 2 teams, they are just as mediocre as any other conference, Alabama, then??? No one else is close same as the big ten, Ohio then ?? Out west you have Oregon then ??? Sure each conference has good teams in it, but these teams have been consistently good for a long time. The Sec is not superior to anything, 5 years ago you could say that, but right now it's very close. All the conferences beat each other up weekly, so if you can get through with only 1 loss or manage to go undefeated that's a great season and should go to the playoffs.

So you think the top 8 of the Big 10 compare favorably to the top 8 of the SEC?

So you think the top 8 of the Big 10 compare favorably to the top 8 of the SEC?

Once you get past the top 3 for each it's a wash, the SEC people always compare the other conferences against Alabama, we've seen over the past few years in bowl games that the big ten does in fact compare to the SEC since thu have put them against each other some of the best games in he bowls have been SEC vs Big Ten, I'm not saying that I would expect Minnesota to beat Georgia, but you wouldnt put Kentucky against Mich State either. If you were to put the top 8 from each conference 1-1, 2-2 and so on, I think in the end you would have some good match ups and it would probably end up 4 to 4.

As I said 5 years ago it was different, but the last couple years there are a few teams from the other conferences who have caught up with the top of the SEC. Alabama vs Ohio St., Mich state vs Georgia, Wisconsin vs Florida. I would love to see these match ups who wins doesn't matter, they would or should be good to watch.

The Big10 doesn't beat up on each other. OSU beats up on everyone and the rest outside MSU are mediocre at best. OSU is going undefeated against that weak schedule they have. They'd lose 2-3 in SEC conference play if they had to play that schedule every week. Anyone can prep for a month and play well but go through it year after year... Week after week... It's not close

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

So.....who's got the BIG GAME this week?  

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Game of the weekend IMO is Oregon (7) at Michigan State (5).  I have thought about going -  but not sure yet.  Its an 8PM kickoff - night games are always rowdy at Spartan Stadium and ESPN College Gameday will be there.  Should be a fun and electric atmosphere. 

Hopefully MSU gets the "W" and its the perfect ending to a day that will start with my club's best golf event of the year.

WITB:

Play Right-handed

That's gonna be a gooden for sure Mike Z....Go Ducks!

I agree with Mike Z. That's the game of the week but another MSU has a good game as well.

Miss State plays LSU at MSU. Should be a good one.

That's gonna be a gooden for sure Mike Z....Go Ducks!

You're killing me.  Go Spartans!!

WITB:

Play Right-handed

I agree with Mike Z. That's the game of the week but another MSU has a good game as well.

Miss State plays LSU at MSU. Should be a good one.

Agree.  Upper half SEC matchups are usually entertaining games and its good to see league games this early in the season. 

Up here in Big Ten country we usually get to watch Big Ten U vs. Little Sisters of the Poor and Bloated Tech for the first few weeks of the season.

WITB:

Play Right-handed

Once you get past the top 3 for each it's a wash, the SEC people always compare the other conferences against Alabama, we've seen over the past few years in bowl games that the big ten does in fact compare to the SEC since thu have put them against each other some of the best games in he bowls have been SEC vs Big Ten, I'm not saying that I would expect Minnesota to beat Georgia, but you wouldnt put Kentucky against Mich State either. If you were to put the top 8 from each conference 1-1, 2-2 and so on, I think in the end you would have some good match ups and it would probably end up 4 to 4.

As I said 5 years ago it was different, but the last couple years there are a few teams from the other conferences who have caught up with the top of the SEC. Alabama vs Ohio St., Mich state vs Georgia, Wisconsin vs Florida. I would love to see these match ups who wins doesn't matter, they would or should be good to watch.

Big 10 didn't even fair the best in their bowl games btw. It was the Pac 12 who did. Big 10 just had a couple signature wins. Big 10 went 5-5 in bowls last year.

We can wash OSU and Bama. Both top tier teams I give you that. You can even match up Mich st with the SEC #2. Its a stretch but let's say Wisconsin matches up to the SEC #3. After that there is nobody that can compete. There are 7 different teams who realistically have a shot at the SEC west this year. Imagine playing that schedule.

Agree.  Upper half SEC matchups are usually entertaining games and its good to see league games this early in the season. 

Up here in Big Ten country we usually get to watch Big Ten U vs. Little Sisters of the Poor and Bloated Tech for the first few weeks of the season.

Yea I like spreading out the big games.there has to be at least 1 good in conference game every week.

ill end the argument before it starts.

No argument to be had my friend. Just a discussion. I said nothing that was false. SEC had an awful bowl season and went 7-5, big 10 a good one and went 5-5.

This year there are 10 teams in the SEC in the top 25 and 2 big 10 teams in the top 25(although both are top 10).

I wish your team luck this year Kor. I like talking football. I don't get mad unless it's Danny Kenell's dumb ass. Even then it's just cause he is a troll.

No argument to be had my friend. Just a discussion. I said nothing that was false. SEC had an awful bowl season and went 7-5, big 10 a good one and went 5-5.

This year there are 10 teams in the SEC in the top 25 and 2 big 10 teams in the top 25(although both are top 10).

I wish your team luck this year Kor. I like talking football. I don't get mad unless it's Danny Kenell's dumb ass. Even then it's just cause he is a troll.

I live right here in SEC country., so I have to listen to all the greatness that is SEC all year. I really am glad for the playoff system, it needs to expand a couple teams, but 4 is a good start. We at least get somewhat of a true champion, and we get 3 extremely good bowl games to watch.

I live right here in SEC country., so I have to listen to all the greatness that is SEC all year. I really am glad for the playoff system, it needs to expand a couple teams, but 4 is a good start. We at least get somewhat of a true champion, and we get 3 extremely good bowl games to watch.

I don't disagree. OSU won last year and they were deserving. I'm not knocking that.

I also think the system should take at least 6 teams. 8 in a perfect world. I Also think that if they do that they should cut down the regular season. Maybe just 1 game but still, the athletes will get worn down otherwise.

Edit: I'm sorry you have to listen to SEC fans but most media is not southern driven. We have had to listen to much worse for a long time. The SEC had to absolutely dominate college FB like nobody has in recent history to get where it is right now.

Its a big football weekend coming up.  OSU vs. Michigan... Oh sorry, I should have said Oregon State University vs. Michigan; out west we are OSU.  However, this could be a bad game for the Beavs.  They won last week, but have a new coach and young players that haven't really played much.  Couple that with Michigan losing last week, and being at home, I just hope OSU can hold their own. But who knows, we could be 2-0.

As for MSU and Oregon, I have to root for anybody who plays against the Ducks.  Sorry Mmmmmbuddy!    Also, I have to like any team named the Spartans, because my High School team were Spartans.  The Ducks can put up a lot of points, but their defense sucks worse than usual.  I think this year the Ducks are going to lose a few games against teams that can also put up points.  They should drop fairly soon from the rankings; probably a top 20 team this year.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Anybody watching J state vs. Auburn, this is crazy

Brought back memories of app state

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot