Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

College Football

fozcycle

This year seems to be the year where either a conference gets two teams into the playoff or a team with 2 losses makes it into the playoff. 

Here's each of the Top 10/11 team's best win and what they have left:

Bama: @Texas A&M. Remaining: LSU and @Auburn and probably UGA in SEC Champ game. Their schedule is WEAK SAUCE when compared to other years. They've played a bunch of bad teams but that's not their fault. 

PSU: @Iowa. Remaining: Mich, @Ohio St and @Mich St. Holy smokes that's a tough 3 weeks. Then probably Wisc in the Big 10 champ game. If they remain undefeated, tip the cap to them! 

UGA: @ND. Remaining: @Auburn and probably Bama in SEC Champ game. This year's UGA team looks legit and could give Bama a run. 

TCU: @Ok St. Remaining: @OU...and probably OU again in the Big 12 Champ game. So dumb to have a champ game but whatever. Gary Paterson is a game day genius and I hate him for that. 

Wisc: @Neb. Pretty weak schedule so far and only real test this year is Iowa and @Mich.

Ohio St: @Neb. No big wins so far but their schedule is PSU, Mich St and @Mich.

Clem: @Va Tech. Only big game left is @NCSt and then probably Miami in ACC Champ game. 

Miami: GaTech. Remaining: VaTech and ND. Either Clemson or NCSt in ACC Champ game.   

OU: @Ohio St. Remaining: @Ok St, TCU, WVU and either Ok St or TCU in Champ game. 

Ok St: @TxTech. Remaining: @WVU, OU. They always crap the bed against OU in Bedlam. 

USC: Stanford. Remaining: ND and PAC 12 champ game. 

SEC will have either UGA or Bama in the playoff. 

Big 10 will have either PSU, OSU or Wisc in playoff...unless Michigan can turn it around at QB. 

Pac 12...geez...really USC or the Washington schools are it's only hope. I don't see this conference having a one loss team at the end of the season.  

ACC...Miami or Clemson. I would pick Clemson 

Big 12...even as a Big 12 homer I hate the champ game. It rarely works out the way it's supposed to. TCU is our only real hope but it all depends on Mayfield's mental state. 

Darkhorse: ND. They have games against USC, NCSt, @Miami and @Stanford. They could take one of the spots if they run the table. 

My Top 4 prediction: Bama, Wisconsin, ND, Clemson.

What's your prediction at the half-way point? 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Mine right now would be Bama Clemson and 2 big ten teams. most of this obviously depends on whether or not someone loses another game, but 2 big ten teams is likely, the remaining schedule in the big ten is tough for 4 of the teams. So if 2 of them can remain with 1 loss they should get in. There is a lot of season left and many upsets so far, so it's going to be interesting the last few weeks here.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I'd say let's get weird. Chaos ensues, there is one unbeaten and then 3 1 loss teams, the PAC-12 gets left out entirely, even though USC gets close. Hell, maybe even USF or UCF could crash the party if they keep rolling their competition.

My top 4: Alabama, Oklahoma, Clemson, Ohio St. 

Five and 6: USC and Georgia

Best Non Power Five: USF

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I know I'm going to get laughed at, but Ky is 2nd in sec east. With a win Saturday over Miss State we “should” enter top 25. I'm not a big football fan, but if KY keeps winning who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Don't be concerned about laughter, there is absolutely nothing wrong with supporting your Alma Mater or the college of your choice.   During my years on campus, win or lose, it always was "Wahoo, Wa" and we sang the "Old Song" as we tapped the keg.  Yes, it was nice when we had those rare victories, it was not all about the game, it was about the party.  

I'd say let's get weird. Chaos ensues, there is one unbeaten and then 3 1 loss teams, the PAC-12 gets left out entirely, even though USC gets close. Hell, maybe even USF or UCF could crash the party if they keep rolling their competition.

My top 4: Alabama, Oklahoma, Clemson, Ohio St.

Five and 6: USC and Georgia

Best Non Power Five: USF

USC had no chance to be that high in the polls, Georgia could with their only loss likely to be against Alabama. The big ten could have 3 teams with 1 loss, or 2 teams with one loss and one undefeated, those 3 teams will be 2, 4, and probably 6 in the polls at the end of the year depending how it plays out. I'm just saying if they end up with 1 undefeated and 2 one loss teams that where they will likely be. With the PAC ten as bad as they have been they are completely out of it. Oklahoma with a bad one loss could still get in, but they still have some rivalry games in conference left. Clemson without their QB is out if they lose again. We could actually get Bama, Georgia, Penn State, and Wisconsin as the final four depending on whether or not some teams lose another game. It will be interesting these last 5 weeks or so.

And so is Wisconsin's schedule.

No doubt there are teams with some really weak schedules, Clemsons schedule is almost as equally weak and they lost what they thought was a gimme game against Syracuse, so it could easily happen tonany of them. I think Clemson still lose at least one more because of the quarterback situation, Alabama has no real chance to lose, unless Georgia can do something, but they always seems to fold against them. In the case that Clemson loses another game it will open up more of a posssiblity for 2 big ten teams, right now there is still a chance, but Oklahoma with a bad loss as well, could still get in but another loss by either of those teams will put 2 big ten teams in. If they both lose it could be 2 big ten vs 2 sec teams. I do think that the overall competition at the top of college football is down this season, the PAC10 is horrible this season, the Big 12 is way down as well, the ACC doesn't look good either, even the top teams in those conferences are struggling against i ranked teams that have multiple losses this season, the SEC as a whole is really down this year, the only conference that has been somewhat steady compared to the previous 5 years is the big ten, and they havent been the greatest. I still think the committee will go with the one loss teams from the big conferences, that's why unless there are more losses by these teams I still think it will be Bama, Clemson, Penn State, Oklahoma, throw in a few losses by any of these teams and then it's opened up for some crazy scenarios for some smaller schools. It's going to be interesting the last few weeks.

If... IF PSU gets past Michigan on Saturday, they'll get stomped the following week by Urban and his crew.

If that is the case I would like to see...

1. BAMA

2. OXU

3. ND

4. VT

5. USC/Wash

6. Georgia

IF Michigan wins out by some miracle...

1. Bama

2. TCU

3. Mich

4. ND

Then

3. Mich vs ND

And obviously a Michigan NC.

But that's high hopes. The only thing I know for certain is that Alabama will be in the final 4. Everything else is a “guessing game”

If... IF PSU gets past Michigan on Saturday, they'll get stomped the following week by Urban and his crew.

1. BAMA

2. OXU

3. ND

4. VT

5. USC/Wash

6. Georgia

1. Bama

2. TCU

3. Mich

4. ND

Then

3. Mich vs ND

But that's high hopes. The only thing I know for certain is that Alabama will be in the final 4. Everything else is a “guessing game”

Guessing for sure.

We all have our favorites, but realistically you have a committee who likes certain teams, that's why I think with one loss that Clemson, Oklahoma and possibly even OXU gets in, bitbi think they will all lose one more game, that puts the last 3 up for grabs, the big ten winner will get 1, the other 2 will be at large, ND has the contract full of Ifs, and buts, however they are playing slot of weak ACC teams that could hurt them in the selection. I still think the the big ten gets 2 teams in based on the schedules they have. Obviously unlikely losses will negate that but we are just guessing. I like the prospect of the big conferences having trouble, it kind of blows up the final 4 when they don't perform on the field.

1. BAMA

2. OXU

3. ND

4. VT

5. USC/Wash

6. Georgia

1. Bama

2. TCU

3. Mich

4. ND

Then

3. Mich vs ND

Sorry shankster can't agree with anything putting PSU down. It will be a good game tonight and I feel like Ohio isn't the team they were a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Georgia vs Florida @ 3:30

Sorry Gators for the arse whupping you are about to receive however the Dawgs are hungry!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

033771a102dc96cecbcd467699b374dd--uga-bu

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

033771a102dc96cecbcd467699b374dd--uga-bu

They sure are playing good. Too bad it's against highly ranked high school teams. The SEC is horrible. There are 2 teams that are showing any sign of being good, but neither one has played anyone that is any good , so we don't even know if either one is good.

They sure are playing good. Too bad it's against highly ranked high school teams. The SEC is horrible. There are 2 teams that are showing any sign of being good, but neither one has played anyone that is any good , so we don't even know if either one is good.

You will find out soon enough... ;)    I said earlier in the season that Georgia has a really special team this year and they have exceeded my expectations.  It doesn't matter the talent level you play against, it's superior execution against all comers both good and bad that wins championships. Mark my word, Georgia could beat anybody in the country right now.  Stay tuned and fasten your seat belt.  

Cleveland

I've stayed away from this thread because I'll always prefer NFL to College Football but........

How about them Canes sneaking up the rankings? If things go right, you might be seeing The U in the playoffs.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I've stayed away from this thread because I'll always prefer NFL to College Football but........

How about them Canes sneaking up the rankings? If things go right, you might be seeing The U in the playoffs.

Mark Richt  left Georgia for his old stomping grounds and is doing a great job! It would be more than cool for Richt to meet his old team in the playoffs.

Cleveland

Mark Richt left Georgia for his old stomping grounds and is doing a great job! It would be more than cool for Richt to meet his old team in the playoffs.

Especially if he wins

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Especially if he wins

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

naw naw naw  cuz we won't go that far ;) 

Cleveland

Nope but we are taking care of everyone in the SEC by 25+ points and oh yeah, Notre Dame thinks Georgia is pretty good. 

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

Mark Richt  left Georgia for his old stomping grounds and is doing a great job! It would be more than cool for Richt to meet his old team in the playoffs.

I like Richt a lot and agree that he is doing a great job but I don't see Miami winning out or winning the ACC Championship game either.  Most  projections have UGA losing the SEC Championship and possibly matching up with Miami in a bowl.  That would be fun too.  

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

I like Richt a lot and agree that he is doing a great job but I don't see Miami winning out or winning the ACC Championship game either. Most projections have UGA losing the SEC Championship and possibly matching up with Miami in a bowl. That would be fun too.

Agree with Miami going down with Clemson however the Dawgs are gonna whup Bama's arse. Trust me

Cleveland

November is going to be crazy! 

November 4

Penn St @ Mich St

Oklahoma @ Oklahoma St

LSU (vastly improved) @ Bama

November 11

Washington @ Stanford

Mich St @ Ohio St

Notre Dame @ Miami

Georgia @ Auburn

TCU @ Oklahoma

Then as of today, zero top 15 match-ups on November 18th. Maybe a good weekend to do some house projects. 

November 25

Ohio St @ Mich (not a highly ranked match-up but rivalry trumps everything)

Bama @ Auburn

Notre Dame @ Stanford

Wash St @ Washington

And then conference championship games!! 

Predictions

ACC: Clemson vs Miami

Big 12: OU vs TCU/Iowa St

Big 10: Wisconsin vs PSU/OSU

SEC: UGA vs Bama (easiest call to make)

Pac 12: Stanford/Washington vs USC/Zona (sorry, I don't stay up late enough to watch these games)

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Nope but we are taking care of everyone in the SEC by 25+ points and oh yeah, Notre Dame thinks Georgia is pretty good.

Anyone will beat the rest of the SEC by 25+. And you beat ND by 1 point. I'm not saying they aren't any good. I'm saying that they have not really played anyone so we don't know if they are good. Beating up on bad teams doesn't make you good. It will be I terstig to see what happens when they do play some good teams. A horrible Michigan team beat a supposed decent team in Florida by quit a large margin. Does that make Michigan a good team.

Anyone will beat the rest of the SEC by 25+. And you beat ND by 1 point. I'm not saying they aren't any good. I'm saying that they have not really played anyone so we don't know if they are good. Beating up on bad teams doesn't make you good. It will be I terstig to see what happens when they do play some good teams. A horrible Michigan team beat a supposed decent team in Florida by quit a large margin. Does that make Michigan a good team.

Michigan is a decent 6-2 team, UGA held ND to 266 total yards while playing a sloppy 12 penalty game.  ND is averaging 468 yards per game with our game included.  We left there feeling that we should have won by more.  Most say the mark of a good team is that they win the ones when they don't play well.  I find that to be true.  No one plays well every game, all we as golfers have to do is think of our last 10 rounds and see how much we vary from round to round.    

#GoDawgs

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2

I'll go with penn state lost it. With Barkley unable to run they never changed to adapt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I agree.... but the Buckeyes shot themselves in the foot for 3 quarters. If  they would have had their heads on straight from the beginning, I don't think it would have been nearly as close as it was. As they say.... that's why they play the game.