TESTERS WANTED! ×

College Football

fozcycle

At noon,  Saturday,  Nov. 17, Harvard plays Yale at Fenway Park,
home of the World Champion Boston Red Sox.
It's been sold out for weeks.

I think that ESPN+ streaming is the only outlet carrying the game.
I thought that I'd give all of you college football fans a heads up,
because this is obviously the BIG ONE for which you've all been waiting!

If a local station other than the internet picks it up,
it will be my one college football game watched for the year.

Otherwise,  I've got Patriots and Packers tonight.
The over under is 56.5.
With Brady, Rodgers, and those two defenses, I'd have set it over 70.

many Decades ago we would go to “The Game” @ Yale Bowl. I grew up about 20” from the bowl and at that time was a big deal.
We mostly went to the tailgate parties

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Still ver6 proud of my Cats. Next up is Tennessee........Let’s go Big Blue!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

5 hours ago, Big money said:

And the big 10 is very weak this year.ND just bested the leaders of both divisions.Sadly, Jim Harbaugh was always an idol of mine.He has this look like he doesn’t want to be out there.If he got his drive back from the San Fransisco years watch out . Notre Dame is Chicago lands new team. 

Michigan is still the most winning-est program in college football.  LSU's loss now has the Wolverines at #4.  They could be the ones to take down Alabama in the Cotton Bowl. I'm not a huge fan of Harbaugh, but I find it hard to believe his head in not completely in the game and would love to hang a loss on Sabin.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

It's not like LSU is all that good. This game was hyped as Bama's  first real "test" this year. Whatever.

Bama is a great team, no doubt, but every time they are mentioned I feel like I need to put on hip boots. It's to the point of ridiculousness. Any team can lose a game.... even the great Alabama.... that's why they play the game instead of giving them the win.
I know it's been mentioned before, but........... their schedule isn't very impressive.
they posted a stat during the game last night that the last coach to beat Alabama by more than 16 points was Nick Saban in 2004 (when he was at LSU). We get the same debate year in and year out, and you can mark this post for this time next year, and every year going forward until Saban retires, Alabama will be undefeated or have maybe 1 loss next year, and the year after that, and they'll be in the conversation for the national championship. They'll likely win the SEC again, and will be steamrolling whomever they play next year and the year after as well. I've seen this same song and dance for the past decade, since Saban came to Alabama, and it is a broken record that never ends. He doesn't miss former players because he just reloads with better ones every year it seems.

You can say they haven't played anyone, and that's fine. But we say that every year as well. Honestly, it doesn't matter. Last year Alabama opened the season against FSU, who was supposed to be contending for the National Championship, and for a lack of a better way of putting it, Alabama broke FSU. That team hasn't been right since that game. They chased off Jimbo Fisher, and now were stuck with Mr. Mediocre running the program.

It just doesn't matter what year it is, or who is playing for Alabama, or who they play against. They just keep dominating college football. They didn't even win the SEC last year, and they still won the National Championship. There is no other program in college football that has the consistency and dominance over such a long period of time as does Alabama.

I'll end this by saying that I absolutely hate Nick Saban, and Alabama. But I cannot argue with their record. I'm still in shock at how badly they rolled over Ole Miss earlier this year. Just unbelievable that they are that much better than the rest of even the SEC. And they made LSU look like a high school team last night. So until someone else can beat Alabama convincingly, which doesn't mean on a miracle play in the last minute of a game, there really is nothing to discuss as far as college football goes. It's Alabama and then everyone else playing for 2nd place. And that includes Clemson.
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Still no love for UCF. Wish they would just give them a chance 

UCF won’t be taken seriously until they are in a power 5 conference. Their level of competition is 2nd rate, and that is being kind.

They struggled to beat Memphis. Need I say more?

3 hours ago, GSwag said:

they posted a stat during the game last night that the last coach to beat Alabama by more than 16 points was Nick Saban in 2004 (when he was at LSU). We get the same debate year in and year out, and you can mark this post for this time next year, and every year going forward until Saban retires, Alabama will be undefeated or have maybe 1 loss next year, and the year after that, and they'll be in the conversation for the national championship. They'll likely win the SEC again, and will be steamrolling whomever they play next year and the year after as well. I've seen this same song and dance for the past decade, since Saban came to Alabama, and it is a broken record that never ends. He doesn't miss former players because he just reloads with better ones every year it seems.

You can say they haven't played anyone, and that's fine. But we say that every year as well. Honestly, it doesn't matter. Last year Alabama opened the season against FSU, who was supposed to be contending for the National Championship, and for a lack of a better way of putting it, Alabama broke FSU. That team hasn't been right since that game. They chased off Jimbo Fisher, and now were stuck with Mr. Mediocre running the program.

It just doesn't matter what year it is, or who is playing for Alabama, or who they play against. They just keep dominating college football. They didn't even win the SEC last year, and they still won the National Championship. There is no other program in college football that has the consistency and dominance over such a long period of time as does Alabama.

I'll end this by saying that I absolutely hate Nick Saban, and Alabama. But I cannot argue with their record. I'm still in shock at how badly they rolled over Ole Miss earlier this year. Just unbelievable that they are that much better than the rest of even the SEC. And they made LSU look like a high school team last night. So until someone else can beat Alabama convincingly, which doesn't mean on a miracle play in the last minute of a game, there really is nothing to discuss as far as college football goes. It's Alabama and then everyone else playing for 2nd place. And that includes Clemson.

I will say it.... they don't really play a tough schedule, other than a couple of teams. They are the Patr*ots of college football. I'm sorry..... I just don't see the greatness of a team that never is challenged but maybe 2 - 3 times a year.

I will say it.... they don't really play a tough schedule, other than a couple of teams. They are the Patr*ots of college football. I'm sorry..... I just don't see the greatness of a team that never is challenged but maybe 2 - 3 times a year.

What team in the SEC plays a tougher schedule? They all play 4 teams every September as glorified scrimmages. So they all do the same thing.

All of college football is like this. The scheduling argument is meaningless to me until you force the top teams to play each other annually. And the only way to make that happen is to penalize any school that plays a weak schedule. But since every team does it, they are all in collussion with one another for 4 wins a year minimum. Just look at the non conference records of the SEC West teams. Arkansas can’t win a conference game but if my memory serves me they are undefeated outside the SEC.

18 hours ago, GSwag said:

UCF won’t be taken seriously until they are in a power 5 conference. Their level of competition is 2nd rate, and that is being kind.

They struggled to beat Memphis. Need I say more?

What I am a fan of is how the team comes together each week and continues to win. There is something refreshing about such a rapid rise from one of the “little guys” of college football – remember they were 0-12 just three years ago – while hoisting a university community on its back.

Winning 21 straight games, after all, is quite a feat. True, the winning streak has not come against a bunch of Power Five foes and formidable non-conference opponents. The streak hasn’t exactly come against a bunch of weaklings, either.They are playing for pride and love of the game each week.And at times get zero tv coverage even being rated #11

And chatting with some fans of theirs online.I would really love too see a game here live.If they go undefeated again this year.Than next year I might book a flight and head down there.Sounds like a great place with tons of spirit 

Keep it in the short stuff

17 hours ago, silver & black said:

They are the Patr*ots of college football. I'm sorry..... I just don't see the greatness of a team that never is challenged but maybe 2 - 3 times a year.

The Patr*ots of pro football just took care of Aaron Rodgers and the Pack last night.

16 hours ago, GSwag said:

And the only way to make that happen is to penalize any school that plays a weak schedule.

That is suppose to happen as part pf the AP, CFP, and Coaches polls...or so I thought?  Strength (or lack of) schedule is one ingredient that gets added to the mix.  But, as they say, you really don't want to see how sausage is made.  That the CFP still has LSU at #3 with two losses, albeit from the #1 and #11 ranked teams, is, well, odd.

I disagree with any subjective criterion superseding won-lost percentage.

Apply subjective criteria like "strength of schedule" only to rank teams with equal records.

UCF was the legitimate champion last year.

They had the best record, and no mere opinion can contradict that.

26 minutes ago, NiftyNiblick said:

The Patr*ots of pro football just took care of Aaron Rodgers and the Pack last night.

Yes they did. They also basically get 4 free wins a year because every team in their division sucks. It isn't hard to win your division every year when there is no competition. The Patr*ots cruze to the playoffs every year because they win their division by default.

1 minute ago, silver & black said:

Yes they did. They also basically get 4 free wins a year because every team in their division sucks. It isn't hard to win your division every year when there is no competition. The Patr*ots cruze to the playoffs every year because they win their division by default.

Maybe, S&B. I see your point.

Doesn't seem to bother me much!

Do you miss the "tuck rule" as much as I do?😁

23 minutes ago, NiftyNiblick said:

Maybe, S&B. I see your point.

Doesn't seem to bother me much!

Do you miss the "tuck rule" as much as I do?😁

Ah.... the one and only time that BS "rule" has ever been used. I've watched it countless times over the years...... it's a fumble every time! 

It's okay... no use crying over spilled milk. Every team gets hosed at some point.

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

Ah.... the one and only time that BS "rule" has ever been used. I've watched it countless times over the years...... it's a fumble every time! 

It's okay... no use crying over spilled milk. Every team gets hosed at some point.

Yes, they do, S&B..

You remember the tuck rule.

I remember that bullshit roughing the passer call in 1976.

It took a long time to even out, I guess.

All the jibber jabber about playoffs and who should be what.

Honestly, why do we even bother? Just give Alabama the trophy and stop wasting everyone's time. If you are honest with yourself, can you see anyone even coming close to beating Alabama?

Oh, and just to clarify - I HATE Alabama, and specifically Nick Satan.

Ummm yeah I can think of a team.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Tight one last night, but against all odds (literally), Boise State showed up and kicked some Fresno Bulldog butt! Admittedly, I was prepared for the reverse results as their defense is a real nightmare and our offence has been weak especially with the run and pass protection. But I stayed the whole game and yelled my head off to the end! Somehow we won despite the refs and their total incompetence who did their utmost worst to submarine our boys at every turn it seemed...🤬

GO ORANGE! GO BIG BLUE!

FIGHT! FIGHT! BSU!!!!!!!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

28 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Tight one last night, but against all odds (literally), Boise State showed up and kicked some Fresno Bulldog butt! Admittedly, I was prepared for the reverse results as their defense is a real nightmare and our offence has been weak especially with the run and pass protection. But I stayed the whole game and yelled my head off to the end! Somehow we won despite the refs and their total incompetence who did their utmost worst to submarine our boys at every turn it seemed...🤬

GO ORANGE! GO BIG BLUE!

FIGHT! FIGHT! BSU!!!!!!!

Good win for the Bronco's.  Fresno State is a quality program and it wasn't that long ago creating all kinds of heartburn for coaches.

I'm think the Clemson vs. Boston College could be closer than many expect.  Eagles are playing on their home turf and all the undefeated teams draw extra motivation from around the leagues. The Georgia vs. Auburn is about the only other game I see with any ranking shake up potential.

My Irish need to stay focused because FSU is better than their record shows and has nothing to lose.  The undefeated's are in everyone's cross-hairs. 😬

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Good win for the Bronco's.  Fresno State is a quality program and it wasn't that long ago creating all kinds of heartburn for coaches.

I'm think the Clemson vs. Boston College could be closer than many expect.  Eagles are playing on their home turf and all the undefeated teams draw extra motivation from around the leagues. The Georgia vs. Auburn is about the only other game I see with any ranking shake up potential.

My Irish need to stay focused because FSU is better than their record shows and has nothing to lose.  The undefeated's are in everyone's cross-hairs. 😬

Man those domers are looking great this year! I'll be watching tonight for sure. Enjoy the game, I'll be rooting for them as well!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

My UCF knights still getting it done.(no love)

at ND- FSU game and it is 22 degrees and windy. Just miserable, I might leave and sit in the Notre Dame library and watch the game on my phone.

Auburn and  Oklahoma State and Boston College are gonna get some big upset wins tonight(prediction )

cant believe all the FSU fans here 

Keep it in the short stuff

43 minutes ago, Big money said:

at ND- FSU game and it is 22 degrees and windy. Just miserable, I might leave and sit in the Notre Dame library and watch the game on my phone.

Auburn and  Oklahoma State and Boston College are gonna get some big upset wins tonight(prediction )

The OSU game has been a ton of fun to watch. Heck of a game so far. I really don't think OU should be the 6th ranked team. Their defense looks like Swiss cheese. 

Lets go Boston College!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

1 hour ago, Big money said:

I'm jealous. Attending an ND game is on my bucket list. Sounds like perfect late fall football weather.  The FSU players will be wrestling for space on the hot benches.

54 minutes ago, Shankster said:

emoji15.png emoji23.png

Big Blue must have barely squeaked by the Skirted Knights 🤣.