Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

College Football

fozcycle

1 hour ago, bardle said:

By this year. I meant 2018. Not sure where you are seeing 5th. Either way, you are correct that that ended like a 7 year streak of number 1 recruiting classes. It's what Saban is best at, that's for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

ESPN's rankings usually suck so not sure there but scout and 247 both had them 5th. I think Rivals showed em 7th. That was the 2018 class.

I consider the the current class the 2019 class since they are the ones currently signing and being recruited. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Murray is crazy athletic but he's also gotten crazy lucky that Bama hasn't picked him 2+ times. 

He has thrown Alabama 6 or 7 pickable balls tonight and Bama usually coverts those.

3 hours ago, GSwag said:

I can think of at least five teams not in the playoffs that would have given Clemson a better game then this extremely overrated Notre Shame team.

Clemson’s 2nd string is owning Notre Shame’s starters. What a joke this is.

Please, force Notre Shame to join a football conference before they are ever even considered for post season competition ever again. I hear the MAC is a good fit for them. Heck, they wouldn’t even win their division in the MAC.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Sorry to be the one to deliver the news, but that won't happen. Notre Dame will stay an independent for many years if not decades to come. The score was 3-3 when we made our turn at nine, but 30-3 when we made it to the clubhouse mid way through the 4Q 😩. They got out played by Clemson today, but what a fantastic season they had.  Win or lose, I still love the team so many love to hate. The Irish will be back among the top teams in 2019 and hopefully get another shot at the title.  It appears this seasons FBS outcome will follow the rankings and, as has been largely predicted, culminate with another Alabama Championship on January 7th.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Murray is crazy athletic but he's also gotten crazy lucky that Bama hasn't picked him 2+ times. 
He has thrown Alabama 6 or 7 pickable balls tonight and Bama usually coverts those.

Totally agree. I said that midway through the 4th.
Too many tipped balls that any team, especially someone like Bama, should have stolen.

Murray and Lamb kept the game interesting. Bama is just THAT good.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

31 minutes ago, Ronoc said:

Totally agree. I said that midway through the 4th.
Too many tipped balls that any team, especially someone like Bama, should have stolen.

Murray and Lamb kept the game interesting. Bama is just THAT good.

I thought the defense came out firing on all cylinders and then let the chippiness of the OU line get to them. They got sloppy and it showed. They dropped balls they normally wouldn't.

I'd venture to say Nick won't let that happen two weeks in a row. 

**I had been hearing that the Bama D was so jacked up in practice this week that there were mult fights. I thought this one might go this way. 

Sloppy game but it’s a rematch........SEC v ACC........’Bama v Tigers.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Not looking forward to playing Clemson again but I am excited to have the chance to be able shut some people up about having the easiest schedule and never playing anyone. Excited for Savanna to have a chance at a 6th championship.

ND needs to do something. They did play some tough schools but can never finish a season. Didn’t expect that much of a blowout.

Driver-  :taylormade-small:  2016 M2 12* Tensei Red Stiff

Wood(s)- :ping-small:  G400 5 Wood 16.9*/ 7 Wood 21.1* Alta CB Stiff

Irons-:mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Forged 6-GW NS Pro 950GH 

Wedges- :cleveland-small:   RTX 3 54*  588 RTX 2.0  58*   RTX 4 64*

Putter-  :taylormade-small:  Spider Tour Black 

Instagram- @patrickleeleep

Crazy to read that was the first time that Bama had beat a QB that threw for over 300 and ran for over 50 in the last 7+ years. Not that many have done it, but when they do, it's been an L. So one could argue that IF OU had any shred of defense, which was ranked in the bottom half of the Big 12, then the outcome could've been different since Saban struggles with mobile & accurate QBs.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

8 minutes ago, patrickleeleep said:

ND needs to do something. They did play some tough schools but can never finish a season. Didn’t expect that much of a blowout.

ND is fine IMO.  I say that for all the programs that are routinely "in the mix" at seasons end.  Playoff atmosphere adds new dimensions for the players.  As we see every season, on any given day, teams don't always perform well while their opponent does. That was the tale of yesterday's results. 

I didn't get to watch the game.  I could have skipped golf, but I signed up for the group foursome rosters who depend on us showing and filling the Saturday play; and that's just the way I am. Julian Love's injury and exit seemed to align with Clemson's pass scoring run. Losing key position players never helps.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 hours ago, patrickleeleep said:

Not looking forward to playing Clemson again but I am excited to have the chance to be able shut some people up about having the easiest schedule and never playing anyone. Excited for Savanna to have a chance at a 6th championship.

Notre Dame had a wonderful season compared to the last (were 10-3 and season in 16 were 4-8)  Infact they had a season that many thought would never happen. Many had them at 8-4 at best. How can anyone say they failed ???? Being in the stands this year with the ND faithful was a wonderful experience. The pride has comeback.

And look at other schools , Georgia had a wonderful season besides 2 losses. So did Ohio State. Heck, even Michigan had a wonderful turn around after a shaky start. It’s one bowl game. It isn’t a factor of the entire season as a whole.This is why I hate posting on a football college thread. I enjoy posting more on groups that follow the individual teams. But when you throw us all in on one thread it gets stupid and just ugly 

I’m outta here 

Edited by Big money

Keep it in the short stuff

Based on a head to head matchup, I'd say that the Heisman voters got this one seriously wrong. The winner was wearing the wrong crimson uniform last night.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

4 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Crazy to read that was the first time that Bama had beat a QB that threw for over 300 and ran for over 50 in the last 7+ years. Not that many have done it, but when they do, it's been an L. So one could argue that IF OU had any shred of defense, which was ranked in the bottom half of the Big 12, then the outcome could've been different since Saban struggles with mobile & accurate QBs.

You say that but Bama basically scored at will. The only drives they didn't score were when they committed penalties or shot themselves in the foot. Even against a better defense, they would've scored nearly as much. They really didn't play a very clean efficient game like Saban teams usually do.

Saban also did what he usually does in the second half when he's up big. Get conservative and run clock. Same for the D. The play calling was conservative in the 2nd half. 

In the end, I never thought the game was that close. Even at the end when OU cut it to 11, Bama walked it down to the 5 and kneeled down 3 times. They could've easily punched one in and made it an 18 point game.

Based on a head to head matchup, I'd say that the Heisman voters got this one seriously wrong. The winner was wearing the wrong crimson uniform last night.

I think what the Heisman winner did against a superior defense was pretty dang impressive. Over 400 yards of offense, a few TDS, and he helped them outscore Bama from the 2nd quarter on. They were within 11 at one point after being down 3-4 TDs. I was really impressed. Bama’s QB is special for sure, but I really thought the Sooner did a GREAT job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

10 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I think what the Heisman winner did against a superior defense was pretty dang impressive. Over 400 yards of offense, a few TDS, and he helped them outscore Bama from the 2nd quarter on. They were within 11 at one point after being down 3-4 TDs. I was really impressed. Bama’s QB is special for sure, but I really thought the Sooner did a GREAT job.

Did you think he was more impressive than Tua tho?

Tua went 24/27 with Bama receivers having 3 drops. He looked poised and unflappable.

Murray was lucky he didn't turn it over on multiple occasions. Like the game was moving too quickly for him.

Tua went 24/27 with Bama receivers having 3 drops. He looked poised and unflappable.
Murray was lucky he didn't turn it over on multiple occasions. Like the game was moving too quickly for him.

My point exactly (and I hate Alabama)

Speaking of hate, can someone politely tell Oklahoma’s band that playing Boomer Sooner when the other team commits a false start penalty and you are down 28 is just stupid and simply annoys the piss out of everyone not a fan of Oklahoma. I honestly don’t know how people who go to Oklahoma games can tolerate Boomer Sooner after the 1st quarter of every game.

Don’t worry. I told my wife that FSU’s war chant is just as annoying and for the same reasons. Play it when you score or get a turnover. Other then that, just sit there quietly waiting for a real reason to play your fight song.

Murray looked really good against one of the best defenses in college football. Tua was facing one of the worst defenses in the Big 12, which isn’t known for defense in the first place. One QB was facing the best team in the country, the other was playing Oklahoma........... Murray was impressive, and any other QB without his athletic ability would not have brought his team back the way Murray did.

11 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Murray looked really good against one of the best defenses in college football. Tua was facing one of the worst defenses in the Big 12, which isn’t known for defense in the first place. One QB was facing the best team in the country, the other was playing Oklahoma........... Murray was impressive, and any other QB without his athletic ability would not have brought his team back the way Murray did.

One was perfect and didn't miss a throw and only 1 read. The other ran around and threw up a few balls. A couple of which were caught and couple of which should've been picked off.

There is no questioning Kyler's athleticism, but he made a ton of poor choices. He also didn't start moving the football until Alabama let off the gas. It was 28-0 before he crossed midfield. 

One was perfect and didn't miss a throw and only 1 read. The other ran around and threw up a few balls. A couple of which were caught and couple of which should've been picked off.

There is no questioning Kyler's athleticism, but he made a ton of poor choices. He also didn't start moving the football until Alabama let off the gas. It was 28-0 before he crossed midfield. 

And why did he run around and was forced to make those decisions????? Because the defense HE faced was one of the BEST. Tua faced one of the WORST. If you are under the impression that all was equal, then I saw a MUCH different game.

And why did he run around and was forced to make those decisions????? Because the defense HE faced was one of the BEST. Tua faced one of the WORST. If you are under the impression that all was equal, then I saw a MUCH different game. I guess I see things so differently from many here because I actually coached. I’m not biased by the “armchair”.

OU averaged 68.5 yards/drive their last 6 drives vs Bama. OU averaged 51 yards/drive against P5 teams this year. Murray may have looked "wobbly" but he moved the ball better than any other team this year against Bama.

A big difference in the game was the red zone "stops" by Bama that forced FGs instead of TDs. It would've been interesting if OU punched in those drives to score 7 instead of 3.

Either way, I hope the championship game is a close one.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

4 hours ago, Undershooter30 said:

Yes. Everyone who played Oklahamo had numbers just like that. Tua did nothing special in the game, he just did what everyone else did against Oklahoma. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

3 hours ago, Undershooter30 said:

But according to Saban and other folks, Alabama doesn’t let off the gas. They were outplayed and out scored after the first 12 minutes. If Oklahoma has any defense at all, they would have won, but that’s what everyone knew the game was going to be. Lots of offense, little defense, outside of the first 12 minutes, that’s exactly the game that happened. Good for Alabama, but it seems that Oklahoma did find some weakness in the Bama defense, and hopefully Dabo will use it to his advantage. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

13 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

But according to Saban and other folks, Alabama doesn’t let off the gas. They were outplayed and out scored after the first 12 minutes. If Oklahoma has any defense at all, they would have won, but that’s what everyone knew the game was going to be. Lots of offense, little defense, outside of the first 12 minutes, that’s exactly the game that happened. Good for Alabama, but it seems that Oklahoma did find some weakness in the Bama defense, and hopefully Dabo will use it to his advantage. 

Definitely some weaknesses in our Bama defense. Pretty young secondary makes it tough against the high powered offenses like Oklahoma. I was worried about Savion being exposed during the game but he did well. Some of other guys will need to step up big against Clemson. 

Driver-  :taylormade-small:  2016 M2 12* Tensei Red Stiff

Wood(s)- :ping-small:  G400 5 Wood 16.9*/ 7 Wood 21.1* Alta CB Stiff

Irons-:mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Forged 6-GW NS Pro 950GH 

Wedges- :cleveland-small:   RTX 3 54*  588 RTX 2.0  58*   RTX 4 64*

Putter-  :taylormade-small:  Spider Tour Black 

Instagram- @patrickleeleep

"The previous play us under review."

I've never seen so many reviews of plays in a football game in my life in this Cincinnati/Va Tech game.  The refs have spent more time on TV then the players in this game.  HORRIBLE officiating!!!

On 12/30/2018 at 8:34 PM, Kor.A.Door said:

Lol you don't watch many Alabama football games if you don't think Bama let's off the gas. That's literally Saban's M.O. When he has a lead vs big teams. I personally hate it but it's 100% the case. Most Bama fans realize this. 

On 12/30/2018 at 6:47 PM, PMookie said:

And why did he run around and was forced to make those decisions????? Because the defense HE faced was one of the BEST. Tua faced one of the WORST. If you are under the impression that all was equal, then I saw a MUCH different game.

The Bama defense that OU played is the 3rd best in their own division.. Maybe 4th best in the conference. That's the schedule that Alabama plays. Not the BS B12 defenses that Murray has to see. OU may have a terrible defense but how many players had more TDs than incompletions against them? The 3 incompletions were all drops. Hell he could've thrown for 500+ if Bama didn't go into clock grind mode in the second half. He literally did whatever he pleased when he pleased. 

This wasn't an elite Bama defense that they usually have. Q is DT1 in cfb and Moses is great but Bama lost one of the best draft classes in cfb history last yr. Mostly on D. 8 defensive players were drafted. 3 first rounders. 6 in the first 4 rds. They replaced the entire secondary. Get real if you think that happens over night. Bama reloads but not every 4-5* signee is an NFL stud. If it weren't for Q, Moses and Thompson this wouldn't even be that good of a defense. 

Murray was lucky as hell he wasn't picked multiple times. He made poor decisions and the yards he accrued were mostly inside the 20s and after Bama went into their version of prevent when they are up 3 scores. It was never close. 

Let’s hear it for the Big Blue Nation! Go Kentucky, beat Penn State!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Man, Texas A&M is taking NC State to the woodshed on both sides of the ball.  NC State looks completely gassed, while TAMU looks ready to not only sack the quarterback, but then go after his mother.  TAMU ran a simple gap play up the middle, and the dude ran untouched 85 yards for the score.

This is completely embarrassing for the ACC, not to mention that this is against a Jimbo Fisher coached team, who I'd love nothing more then to see him lose every single game he coaches for the rest of his life.

13 hours ago, GSwag said:

Man, Texas A&M is taking NC State to the woodshed on both sides of the ball.  NC State looks completely gassed, while TAMU looks ready to not only sack the quarterback, but then go after his mother.  TAMU ran a simple gap play up the middle, and the dude ran untouched 85 yards for the score.

This is completely embarrassing for the ACC, not to mention that this is against a Jimbo Fisher coached team, who I'd love nothing more then to see him lose every single game he coaches for the rest of his life.

Danny Kanell is likely so mad lol

I assume his NCSt takes are as wild as last season.