Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

College Football

fozcycle

Is it just me or do New Year’s Day games seem less appealing than before the playoff? I am looking forward to UCF/LSU but that is about it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Is it just me or do New Year’s Day games seem less appealing than before the playoff? I am looking forward to UCF/LSU but that is about it.

What about UK v Penn St? Last time they played was ‘99 Outback Bowl. UK was winning when WR Whalen broke his arm then UK lost

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

What about UK v Penn St? Last time they played was ‘99 Outback Bowl. UK was winning when WR Whalen broke his arm then UK lost

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

I’ll be rooting for Kentucky just because of you Foz and will most likely peek in to see what Kentucky is all about. Big 10 hasn’t shown much in the bowls so it should be interesting.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I think Kentucky should be on the west end of a new league with West Virginia, Pittsburgh, Penn State, Maryland, Louisville, Cincinnati, and somebody else--maybe Marshall.  I like legitimate geographical conferences.

These new power conferences are ridiculous. Leagues should be geographic and small enough to play a full round robin.  Conference championship games are tacky, as are 14 team conferences.

I also hate Boston College playing in the ACC.  I want to see them play Syracuse, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rutgers, Temple, Buffalo, Holy Cross, Villanova--the teams that I watched them play when I was a kid.  Who gives a rat's ass about NC State, Wake Forest,  or Clemson?  Since when was Chestnut Hill on tobacco road?

I really suck with change, I guess.  Maybe you've noticed.

It’s not just you. With the “playoffs” now the other bowl games became even more meaningless then they were before. I still remember when Miami won their first National Championship in 1983, we were paying attention to like five different bowl games because there were a number of scenarios that could have played out to determine who was the National Champion. All those bowl games mattered then.

Now, I’m not interested in starting a debate about going back to the way things were or whatever, because you can’t put Pandora back in the box. But let’s just say that bowl games now have lost their tradition and interest.

As an example of lost tradition, we lived in Miami and our New Years Eve tradition was the Orange Bowl parade every year, with the game on New Years night. Well, it’s hard to have a New Years Eve parade when the game was played on 12/29 this year.

Going back much further, I remember when my older sister and brother were in their New Jersey high school band and they got invited to play in the Orange Bowl parade (back before we moved to Miami). We were all so excited for them that they got to travel to Miami in the dead of winter to play in a nationally televised parade. It was a huge deal back when there were only three channels on TV.

Heck, do they even still televise the Orange Bowl parade?

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

2 hours ago, GSwag said:

It’s not just you. With the “playoffs” now the other bowl games became even more meaningless then they were before. I still remember when Miami won their first National Championship in 1983, we were paying attention to like five different bowl games because there were a number of scenarios that could have played out to determine who was the National Champion. All those bowl games mattered then.

Now, I’m not interested in starting a debate about going back to the way things were or whatever, because you can’t put Pandora back in the box. But let’s just say that bowl games now have lost their tradition and interest.

As an example of lost tradition, we lived in Miami and our New Years Eve tradition was the Orange Bowl parade every year, with the game on New Years night. Well, it’s hard to have a New Years Eve parade when the game was played on 12/29 this year.

Going back much further, I remember when my older sister and brother were in their New Jersey high school band and they got invited to play in the Orange Bowl parade (back before we moved to Miami). We were all so excited for them that they got to travel to Miami in the dead of winter to play in a nationally televised parade. It was a huge deal back when there were only three channels on TV.

Heck, do they even still televise the Orange Bowl parade?

Imagine how worthless the bowls will be when they expand the playoffs to 8 teams. Hell, imagine the blowouts too. Gotta love a watered down product. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

13 minutes ago, Undershooter30 said:

Imagine how worthless the bowls will be when they expand the playoffs to 8 teams. Hell, imagine the blowouts too. Gotta love a watered down product. 

If they had a brain (which they don't) they would have expanded to a 16 team playoff years ago, and figured out how to incorporate some of those bowl games into playoff game venues.  You need 15 games for a 16 team playoff.  And it's not about the money either, because with 15 "bowl" games that actually have real meaning in determining a champion, the amount of money you bring in probably triples.

Sure, I get it, we don't get to see a 6-6 Virginia Tech team take on a 10-2 Cincinnati team in a rain-drenched Annapolis, MD stadium devoid of any semblance of pageantry or memorable anything, but you have to ask what you'd prefer; 40 mostly meaningless bowl games filled with mediocre teams that finished 6-6 or 7-5, or 15 meaningful bowl games filled with the 16 best teams in college football that year.

Sure, you'll see Alabama play 4 additional games every year, but since folks from Alabama literally have nothing else to do with their lives the rest of the year, I'm sure they'd be thrilled by the change.

UCF is sending a SERIOUS message to the nation today against LSU.  If you see nothing else, watch the hit by the UCF D lineman on the LSU QB during that pick 6.  Best legal hit I've seen in a long time, and that QB got jacked up something fierce.

2 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Meh, it's a glorified scrimmage. UCF is treating it like the national championship and the game means absolutely nothing for LSU.

It's really no surprise when these smaller schools win these lesser bowl games

smaller school?

UCF student enrollment = 66,183

LSU student enrollment = 31,527

UCF has a larger student body then either Florida or FSU.  In fact, it's double the size of FSU.

Not really sure how you define "smaller".

Citrus Bowl Qtr 1 Kentucky 10 Penn St 0

We are Kentucky!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

file-A81BAB99-DD67-4774-B20A-084704DEDBAE-3251-0000025E6228E1B9.jpg

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

1 hour ago, GSwag said:

If they had a brain (which they don't) they would have expanded to a 16 team playoff years ago, and figured out how to incorporate some of those bowl games into playoff game venues.  You need 15 games for a 16 team playoff.  And it's not about the money either, because with 15 "bowl" games that actually have real meaning in determining a champion, the amount of money you bring in probably triples.

Sure, I get it, we don't get to see a 6-6 Virginia Tech team take on a 10-2 Cincinnati team in a rain-drenched Annapolis, MD stadium devoid of any semblance of pageantry or memorable anything, but you have to ask what you'd prefer; 40 mostly meaningless bowl games filled with mediocre teams that finished 6-6 or 7-5, or 15 meaningful bowl games filled with the 16 best teams in college football that year.

Sure, you'll see Alabama play 4 additional games every year, but since folks from Alabama literally have nothing else to do with their lives the rest of the year, I'm sure they'd be thrilled by the change.

No, Bama fans don't want extra games and players getting injured. The only way that 16 team playoff would work is with a 10-11 game regular season and that ain't gonna happen. 6-8 team playoff is the only way it should expand and even then a game should be cut from the reg season schedule.

Bowl games for mediocre teams are important for the additional practice the teams get. They are massive for programs that are rebuilding. 

48 minutes ago, GSwag said:

UCF is sending a SERIOUS message to the nation today against LSU.  If you see nothing else, watch the hit by the UCF D lineman on the LSU QB during that pick 6.  Best legal hit I've seen in a long time, and that QB got jacked up something fierce.

LSU is literally missing 5+ defensive starters and currently have their #5 cb playing as their #1. 2 of their 3 best defenders are sitting out for the draft. The fact that they are missing that and some offensive starters and are still leading 24-14 should be embarrassing for the "defending national Champs." 🤣

And LSU just lost another DB to targeting.

Do officials honestly have any clue what targeting is and how to call it? There is literally no consistency to how it's called.

Today alone I saw a kid from Miss state get called for it when he literally whiffed and missed the ball carrier who wasn't defenseless. Later I see a QB who is defenseless get blown up by a d-tackle and with no call and then they pick up the flag for taunting despite a linebacker standing over the player on the ground and running his mouth. 

Just pathetic consistency. 

10 minutes ago, Undershooter30 said:

And LSU just lost another DB to targeting.

Do officials honestly have any clue what targeting is and how to call it? There is literally no consistency to how it's called.

Today alone I saw a kid from Miss state get called for it when he literally whiffed and missed the ball carrier who wasn't defenseless. Later I see a QB who is defenseless get blown up by a d-tackle and with no call and then they pick up the flag for taunting despite a linebacker standing over the player on the ground and running his mouth. 

Just pathetic consistency. 

Auditioning for the NFL?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Auditioning for the NFL?

Lol

"Alright please write us a short essay on what your definition of a catch is. It doesn't really matter what you write, we're just curious to know."

Just heard this after the TD from UCF. "Cornerback's name_____ hasn't played a single snap at cornerback in his career" 😳😂

Edit:

Full list of LSU players OUT for the FiestaBowl:

CB Greedy Williams
CB Kristian Fulton
CB Kelvin Joseph
DL Ed Alexander
DL Breiden Fehoko
DL Neil Farrell
DL Davin Cotton
DL Nelson Jenkins
DL Travez Moore
WR Jonathan Giles
OL Dare Rosenthal
LB Jacob Phillips (first half)

Have lost 2 other DBs since the game started.

2 minutes ago, Undershooter30 said:

Lol

"Alright please write us a short essay on what your definition of a catch is. It doesn't really matter what you write, we're just curious to know."

Well, if it doesn't matter...  

Fifteen years ago I was playing golf one day by myself; took a break in the clubhouse.  Two women showed up to play.  They went out to the first tee so I followed.  Since they were alone and the course was full, I asked if I could join them, and they said sure!  One was tall with a so-so swing; the other was short and a good swing; playing with persimmon woods and blades.  I played really well... for me at the time.  The three of us played a few more times after that day, and I played more with the short one.  We got married.  That's my definition of a catch.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Well, if it doesn't matter...  

Fifteen years ago I was playing golf one day by myself; took a break in the clubhouse.  Two women showed up to play.  They went out to the first tee so I followed.  Since they were alone and the course was full, I asked if I could join them, and they said sure!  One was tall with a so-so swing; the other was short and a good swing; playing with persimmon woods and blades.  I played really well... for me at the time.  The three of us played a few more times after that day, and I played more with the short one.  We got married.  That's my definition of a catch.

Congratulations sir, you are now qualified to be an NFL ref lol

Also, nice catch! 

Kentucky 20 Penn State 7

Go Wildcats!

Kentucky 20 Penn State 7

Go Wildcats!

James Franklin is the worst game day coach in football. Had a month to prepare and the team still looks clueless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Kentucky 27 Penn State 7

Snell Yeah!

12 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

James Franklin is the worst game day coach in football. Had a month to prepare and the team still looks clueless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He needs to stop calling any and all plays. He's good at recruiting but that's only part of it.

7 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Kentucky 27 Penn State 7

Snell Yeah!

Benny Snell is also UKs all time leading rusher now! 

Lol So I knew Danny had a hot NCst take and it magically appeared on my timelines shortly after.