Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

College Football

fozcycle

I usually have a pretty good feel for Bama vs Clemson games, but don't have a clue this year. As Bardle mentioned earlier, I can't get a read on how good Clemson really is.

Let me take Bama and the over. It's 2 coin flips for me this time.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

58 minutes ago, Undershooter30 said:

I usually have a pretty good feel for Bama vs Clemson games, but don't have a clue this year. As Bardle mentioned earlier, I can't get a read on how good Clemson really is.

Let me take Bama and the over. It's 2 coin flips for me this time.

This is the type game that makes me glad I don't gamble, I'm like you if I had to chose I'd take Bama but Clemson dismantled ND pretty well. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

1 minute ago, DawgDaddy said:

This is the type game that makes me glad I don't gamble, I'm like you if I had to chose I'd take Bama but Clemson dismantled ND pretty well. 

Yep it's a tough one.
I do my fair share of gambling but I'm staying far away from this one. I think I've correctly picked either the line or the over/under for each of their last 3 meetings but I plead the 5th this season. 

On 1/2/2019 at 11:54 AM, bardle said:

Nothing makes me happier than UCF getting beat by an injury plagued LSU team that was shutout by Bama...Maybe people will stop pretending UCF can compete now since they lost to a beat up mid-tier SEC team. 

The problem is that UCF’s QB was injured 3 games ago. This game would have been totally different if he was playing, he was the cog that made UCF what they were. They had a QB that played 3 games. I don’t know too many teams that can lose a hiesman type of QB and still maintain the level of play that is needed to win against a bigger football program. So LSU is now a mid-tier SEC team? When did this happen. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Ok, I am ready for Harbaugh to hit the road. Stone Age, won’t be able to keep up. I’d rather suffer through Hoke again, at least the expectations were low. With the way OSU is recruiting and most likely pulling in a Georgia transfer QB... I see no better than 2nd place in the east for the foreseeable future.

Embarrassing to think they were ranked #4 for several weeks this year.

What a joke of a football system.

6 hours ago, Shankster said:

Ok, I am ready for Harbaugh to hit the road. Stone Age, won’t be able to keep up. I’d rather suffer through Hoke again, at least the expectations were low. With the way OSU is recruiting and most likely pulling in a Georgia transfer QB... I see no better than 2nd place in the east for the foreseeable future.

Embarrassing to think they were ranked #4 for several weeks this year.

What a joke of a football system.

I think you are being a bit hard on your Wolverines... the college football team with the most wins.  I'm not a Jim Harbaugh fan either but I also don't think him leaving makes the difference.  Everyone was calling for Brian Kelley's head a couple years ago.  Likewise, I did not see that as the solution.  The level of competitiveness in the perennial top 20 teams is really close. There are so many other factors that define a seasons success. Except for the loss in Ann Arbor on 10/26, Michigan will be back in the middle of the fray in 2019 😉.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I think you are being a bit hard on your Wolverines... the college football team with the most wins.  I'm not a Jim Harbaugh fan either but I also don't think him leaving makes the difference.  Everyone was calling for Brian Kelley's head a couple years ago.  Likewise, I did not see that as the solution.  The level of competitiveness in the perennial top 20 teams is really close. There are so many other factors that define a seasons success. Except for the loss in Ann Arbor on 10/26, Michigan will be back in the middle of the fray in 2019 .

History is cool and all, but wins in 1492 don’t really matter much in the current state of football.

I just think Jim has hit his ceiling. 10-3. At least most of the other teams show up on the big stage, don’t have 4 kids sitting out the bowl game pouting.

I’m not being hard on them. They must evolve or be on the outside looking in forever.

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

History is cool and all, but wins in 1492 don’t really matter much in the current state of football.

I just think Jim has hit his ceiling. 10-3. At least most of the other teams show up on the big stage, don’t have 4 kids sitting out the bowl game pouting.

I’m not being hard on them. They must evolve or be on the outside looking in forever.

He may do well now that Urb has left. Or possibly not. Always tough to tell of course but he seemed to have an issue with Meyer's OSU teams.. Might not be an issue now. 

13 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

The problem is that UCF’s QB was injured 3 games ago. This game would have been totally different if he was playing, he was the cog that made UCF what they were. They had a QB that played 3 games. I don’t know too many teams that can lose a hiesman type of QB and still maintain the level of play that is needed to win against a bigger football program. So LSU is now a mid-tier SEC team? When did this happen. 

1 great QB is equal to 2 all Americans, 6 other starters on D and losing another in the 1st Q?

I personally think the QB position is the most important pos in general but at that point its 1 vs 8/9 players. LSU literally had a HS quarterback filling in at corner.

I'll agree the game changes a ton if everyone plays though/ I just think the result is similar... 

Congrats to Texas.   You had the better team at the Sugar Bowl.     We'll be back in the top five next season and close the deal.  

Go Dawgs! 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Congrats to Texas.   You had the better team at the Sugar Bowl.     We'll be back in the top five next season and close the deal.  

Go Dawgs! 

Maybe we will see someone other than the two playing on Monday. It’s getting boring.

Now I know how all the NFL fans feel when The Pats go to the Super Bowl every year.

Maybe next year they’ll get it right, and Georgia can beat up on Michigan.

Fields offocially announced a transfer from UGA to OSU. Looks like he's in for another QB battle with Martel. 

18 hours ago, Undershooter30 said:

1 great QB is equal to 2 all Americans, 6 other starters on D and losing another in the 1st Q?

I personally think the QB position is the most important pos in general but at that point its 1 vs 8/9 players. LSU literally had a HS quarterback filling in at corner.

I'll agree the game changes a ton if everyone plays though/ I just think the result is similar... 

In this case though, UCF’s injured QB would have made a huge difference in this game, would they have won. I don’t know, but I think it would have been a much closer game. It would have mead a difference just having his leadership on the field. Since the QB that played was a horrible passer, they could put anyone out there and keep them from throwing. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

On 1/5/2019 at 7:10 PM, Kor.A.Door said:

In this case though, UCF’s injured QB would have made a huge difference in this game, would they have won. I don’t know, but I think it would have been a much closer game. It would have mead a difference just having his leadership on the field. Since the QB that played was a horrible passer, they could put anyone out there and keep them from throwing. 

Oh I agree completely that the UCF offense would've improved vastly. I'm just saying that I don't think it would've improved any more than the LSU defense. Who, after the 1st quarter, were down to playing High School QBs who have converted to WRs at corner back. 

LSU had 2 all american's and probable 1st round picks on this defense who didn't play in this game. To me, them plus their other starters who were out, at least equal to Mackenzie or not more.

I would've much preferred seeing both teams at full strength. This game was never much more than a snooze fest after most of the first quarter. 

They put their teams on the field, no excuses. We can’t say, “If...,” or “But....” The teams played, one lost, one won. Teams have injured players all year, and play without levels of talent, whether starters or backups. It doesn’t just matter in a bowl game. Two teams suited-up, one won.
No excuses.
I coached five games where I had more than 2 starters out of five sick with the flu, and we were playing conference games. Must wins. We won. No excuses. If we had lost, no excuses. Your kids either step-up, or they don’t. They’re on the team for a reason, and they’re all coached the same.
Two teams suited-up, one won. No excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Go ‘Bama, beat Clemson!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Just now, Kor.A.Door said:

Didn’t realize Parkey was playing in this game too. 

Only a "single doink" this time though... he's improving. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Sloppy start for the tide. If they don't turn it around quickly then I don't have high hopes for them. They don't have the depth/experience on defense that they usually do.

They need some big plays/turnovers. 

1 minute ago, Undershooter30 said:

Sloppy start for the tide. If they don't turn it around quickly then I don't have high hopes for them. They don't have the depth/experience on defense that they usually do.

They need some big plays/turnovers. 

Sloppy is an understatement. It's been a F****** mess. 

They’re just making it interesting. I’m going to bed. But I expect it still to be in overtime when I wake up tomorrow. Score needs to be like 200-201.

The most epic flash of a game with some speed foam, tungsten weight lifted, no forgiveness, no spin.

That’s my attempt at hyping up this game. Did it work?

I didn’t think so.

Dumba$$ fake kick, are they trying to be Georgia?

Dumba$$ fake kick, are they trying to be Georgia?

Yep, not even close and Clemson strikes quickly. Gonna be tough to come back after that sequence.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right