TESTERS WANTED! ×

College Football

fozcycle

2 hours ago, Hobert said:

Not just Clemson, the ACC is a bad surprise. I thought a few other teams in the ACC would be decent...

ACC been bad for quite a few years, but luckily they've had Clemson running the table to keep them relevant. People been talking down the PAc12 for the same amount of time. And maybe over the last 3-4 seasons they don't have a team as good as Clemson but i'd take the top half of the PAc12 over the #2 ACC team

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

On 9/28/2021 at 2:30 PM, DiscipleofPenick said:

ACC been bad for quite a few years, but luckily they've had Clemson running the table to keep them relevant. People been talking down the PAc12 for the same amount of time. And maybe over the last 3-4 seasons they don't have a team as good as Clemson but i'd take the top half of the PAc12 over the #2 ACC team

Throw the Big 12 in the mix of mediocrity disguised by one or two good teams. I don't see the Big 12 having a CFP rep this year. OU's defense is going to lose them 2-3 games this year. UT is way too inconsistent. Iowa St is already out of the running. Baylor may surprise some teams this year but the lack of depth at OL, LB and DL means we're one or two injuries away from turning a potentially great season into just a decent one. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Hoping that my alma mater--who is undefeated in the ACC, but also hasn't yet played a conference game 😬--can beat the Wahoos tonight to launch an ACC title-run. 🙈🤞

The ACC is bad this year, hopefully we can take advantage of that...

Edited by Hobert

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

I honestly didn't think we'd get by Wisconsin (there was the Coan unfinished business factor though).  Hopefully they play as well against Cincinnati... they'll need to as the Bearcats are for real.

On 9/28/2021 at 8:15 AM, txgolfjunkie said:

Bad surprise: Spencer Rattler,

Still too early to tell.  I think Spencer is suffering from media over-hype, unrealistic expectation-itis.  Personally I think he has Mahomes like traits and will settle into becoming a top 5 QB. If OU dosen't work out he can head to South Bend 👍

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Throw the Big 12 in the mix of mediocrity disguised by one or two good teams. I don't see the Big 12 having a CFP rep this year. OU's defense is going to lose them 2-3 games this year. UT is way too inconsistent. Iowa St is already out of the running. Baylor may surprise some teams this year but the lack of depth at OL, LB and DL means we're one or two injuries away from turning a potentially great season into just a decent one. 

Getting ready for Cincinnati to the be the best team in your conference???? Right Oklahoma is pretty good but not great, but they have good chance of running the table. This week's visit to KSU will tell us a lot. And Texas, oh Texas....good luck in the SEC next year you're gonna need it.

Take Dead Aim

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

Can’t wait To see the lack of planning heading into Madison this weekend.  Hopefully it involved some passes.

I thought I saw Cade throw a one or two last week. In all seriousness, I think Harbaugh will continue to largely run opponents into the ground as long as it is working with opportune passes here and there.

Edited by Hobert

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

36 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Cincinnati wins out…. Are they left out of the playoff again?

Surely not…..go Bearcats!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Cincinnati wins out…. Are they left out of the playoff again?

Unless there's chaos. There would need to be 2+ 2-loss of the power 5 champions or be the only undefeated school. I don't think it's right, but that's how college works. Then they'll make it next year as Big 12 champ.

Take Dead Aim

In case you have not been watching, with 6 minutes left it’s UK 20 UF 13….

Go Big Blue!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

There will be dancing in the street in Lexington tonight. UK 20 UF 13

24 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

There will be dancing in the street in Lexington tonight. UK 20 UF 13

1/2 our Monday group will be on “Suicide Watch”😜

At minimum guys will be pretty quiet.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

1/2 our Monday group will be on “Suicide Watch”😜

At minimum guys will be pretty quiet.

Sorry for their loss……..not

My LSU Tigers… In the words of Ty Webb, “You're not good… Not good.” They didn’t even TRY to run the ball. Ugh. Bye-bye, Coach O. Bo Nix’s escapability was ridiculous!!!

Glad my Mountaineers made short work of Georgia State. UL Lafayette a week from Tuesday away, then Coastal at home. I’m hoping they win both, especially humbling the Chanticleers!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Rundown

ACC is cooked, unless you believe in chaos and Wake Forest

Big 10 has 4 undefeated and Ohio St. This conference is gonna be a blast to watch the rest of the way

Big 12... Is Oklahoma State the great team no one is taking about

Pac 12 had another hiccup, but still lots of good teams they're not out of it

SEC as usual everyone folds to the only 2 actual good teams in this over hyped conference

Cincinnati & BYU are for real. Coastal Carolina is not.

Take Dead Aim

Bummer about my Irish loss but I knew Cincinnati was for real, so great win for them and what is quickly becoming a new contender for the "Big's" to be concerned about. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

22 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Not ready for the remainder of the season.  Something seems different with the Wolverines, but I am still holding on getting too excited.  A W against PSU then I might get onboard…

Crazy week.

I dunno, I'm not looking forward to The Game down in Buckeye land. But still a lot of season to go.

Take Dead Aim

Bad clock management, some bad plays calls down the stretch, and a BS penalty at the end of regulation cost the Ducks a game yesterday.  Brown is NOT the QB that will take them to the promised land.  My daughter is on the UO marching band, she  was hoping for a bowl venue she hasn't been to yet...if they make one...they are very vulnerable. 

My OSU Beavers are 4-1 and got a little love in the polls with a few votes.  Coach Smith has them believing and the trashing of USC 2 weeks ago, and a gritty win against UW has them knowing that they can win games.  

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

For me it comes down to Bama and Georgia. No one in the ACC/Big Ten/PAC 12, or the rest of the SEC etc are even close to matching the level of talent they have on the field. 
Big Ten has a few unbeatens, but look at the combined records of those teams that lost to UofM, MSU, PSU, Iowa, etc. Not one team in the Big Ten can play with Bama or Georgia. ACC has literally no one. Seriously. There are two teams that are ridiculous this year and everyone else is a mish-mosh. After the Top 2, the rankings could just have all of the rest listed as 3 or 25. It’s a boring year in college football. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

For me it comes down to Bama and Georgia. No one in the ACC/Big Ten/PAC 12, or the rest of the SEC etc are even close to matching the level of talent they have on the field. 
Big Ten has a few unbeatens, but look at the combined records of those teams that lost to UofM, MSU, PSU, Iowa, etc. Not one team in the Big Ten can play with Bama or Georgia. ACC has literally no one. Seriously. There are two teams that are ridiculous this year and everyone else is a mish-mosh. After the Top 2, the rankings could just have all of the rest listed as 3 or 25. It’s a boring year in college football. 

It is going to continue this trend too.  Sucks for the rest of the country.  I mean they play great football, but some variety would at least make it appear like other teaMs hold a chance.

On 10/3/2021 at 10:49 AM, DiscipleofPenick said:

Rundown

ACC is cooked, unless you believe in chaos and Wake Forest

Big 10 has 4 undefeated and Ohio St. This conference is gonna be a blast to watch the rest of the way

Big 12... Is Oklahoma State the great team no one is taking about

Pac 12 had another hiccup, but still lots of good teams they're not out of it

SEC as usual everyone folds to the only 2 actual good teams in this over hyped conference

Cincinnati & BYU are for real. Coastal Carolina is not.

I don't see how you can say the Pac12 has lots of good teams and the SEC is overhyped... The Pac12 is basically the SEC, MINUS their top 3 recruiters. Lets take a little dive into this.

People say the SEC is overhyped pretty much every year without really looking at the depth there. Line each conference up from best to worst and compare them and I'll take the SEC's top, middle, and maybe even bottom tier over pretty much every other conferences comparatively. Hell, the worst team in the SEC West still has a good chance to make a bowl game. The only other division that's close to claiming that is BIG east.
Ole Miss might be the 10th best team in the SEC this year. Lets look at them vs other conferences possible number 10. Who would you take between OM or Colorado/Cal? What about OM or Illinois/NW/Rutgers? I'm pretty sure you can give me OM every time and I am definitely not a fan of the rebs.

@Shankster I do think Cincy has the best shot to get in the playoff of any G5 school we've seen so far. They actually have a decent schedule, if they can just win out.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

3 hours ago, Undershooter said:

I don't see how you can say the Pac12 has lots of good teams and the SEC is overhyped... The Pac12 is basically the SEC, MINUS their top 3 recruiters. Lets take a little dive into this.

People say the SEC is overhyped pretty much every year without really looking at the depth there. Line each conference up from best to worst and compare them and I'll take the SEC's top, middle, and maybe even bottom tier over pretty much every other conferences comparatively. Hell, the worst team in the SEC West still has a good chance to make a bowl game. The only other division that's close to claiming that is BIG east.
Ole Miss might be the 10th best team in the SEC this year. Lets look at them vs other conferences possible number 10. Who would you take between OM or Colorado/Cal? What about OM or Illinois/NW/Rutgers? I'm pretty sure you can give me OM every time and I am definitely not a fan of the rebs.

@Shankster I do think Cincy has the best shot to get in the playoff of any G5 school we've seen so far. They actually have a decent schedule, if they can just win out.

I think you brought up some good points. Unfortunately, most of the other conferences focus on other sports.  Like in what world should Illinois or Rutgers be in a Power 5 football conference?  Baseball? Basketball maybe.. football, no.  SEC colleges seem to focus on the big sport of football.  This is just an observation, and I may be wrong.. but I think they need to take a serious look at realigning the conferences for football.

I know ND joining the ACC last year was weird, but why couldn’t Illinois join the Mac for football and still be a big 10 team for Other sports.

Its 2021, anything goes nowadays… right?

11 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I think you brought up some good points. Unfortunately, most of the other conferences focus on other sports.  Like in what world should Illinois or Rutgers be in a Power 5 football conference?  Baseball? Basketball maybe.. football, no.  SEC colleges seem to focus on the big sport of football.  This is just an observation, and I may be wrong.. but I think they need to take a serious look at realigning the conferences for football.

I know ND joining the ACC last year was weird, but why couldn’t Illinois join the Mac for football and still be a big 10 team for Other sports.

Its 2021, anything goes nowadays… right?

Dallas Baptist is a DII school in every sport except baseball, and they a very good. If you can have a school cross two divisions then you could have different sports in different conferences. 

SEC is also stellar at baseball, lots of good programs there. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

14 hours ago, HeathS16 said:

Dallas Baptist is a DII school in every sport except baseball, and they a very good. If you can have a school cross two divisions then you could have different sports in different conferences. 

SEC is also stellar at baseball, lots of good programs there. 

Agreed, they are probably the best baseball conference as well. Basketball is easily where they are the most lacking in men's sports, but their basketball programs have been somewhat improving as a group recently. Despite Kentucky's massive fall of last season..

Concerning realignment, I guess I get your point but that wouldn't exactly work money wise. You'd be giving up money to leave the SEC if you're someone like Vandy. They are always going to struggle to compete in football, but they have strong basketball and baseball programs. You'd lose the football money share in the conference, just to win a couple more games against G5 schools. Which inevitably would cause your other programs to decline.

Edit: Dallas Baptist used to be an NAIA school and moved to DII because of their baseball program(which is now DI as you mentioned). They've been a powerhouse in baseball for quite a long time.

8 hours ago, Undershooter said:

Agreed, they are probably the best baseball conference as well. Basketball is easily where they are the most lacking in men's sports, but their basketball programs have been somewhat improving as a group recently. Despite Kentucky's massive fall of last season..

Concerning realignment, I guess I get your point but that wouldn't exactly work money wise. You'd be giving up money to leave the SEC if you're someone like Vandy. They are always going to struggle to compete in football, but they have strong basketball and baseball programs. You'd lose the football money share in the conference, just to win a couple more games against G5 schools. Which inevitably would cause your other programs to decline.

Edit: Dallas Baptist used to be an NAIA school and moved to DII because of their baseball program(which is now DI as you mentioned). They've been a powerhouse in baseball for quite a long time.

For sure, grew up going to DBU baseball camps and then Oklahoma Christian joined DBU's conference my last 2 years. I always loved that they were a small school who could go to-to-toe with DI's.  (Baseball is a bit different in that its more of a level playing field, all you need is 1 DUDE pitcher to make a run at someone.)

Of course the money ruins it all lol Yea it's not worth Vandy leaving, even though they suck a football they get a good share of the money by being SEC, I would judge them if they left honestly.  

I do wish it would work though, cool and unique story of DBU could offer some insights into how the future pans out if indeed something happens to the NCAA like all the conspiracy theorists are suggesting. 

16 hours ago, HeathS16 said:

For sure, grew up going to DBU baseball camps and then Oklahoma Christian joined DBU's conference my last 2 years. I always loved that they were a small school who could go to-to-toe with DI's.  (Baseball is a bit different in that its more of a level playing field, all you need is 1 DUDE pitcher to make a run at someone.)

Of course the money ruins it all lol Yea it's not worth Vandy leaving, even though they suck a football they get a good share of the money by being SEC, I would judge them if they left honestly.  

I do wish it would work though, cool and unique story of DBU could offer some insights into how the future pans out if indeed something happens to the NCAA like all the conspiracy theorists are suggesting. 

This may not be the case any more but DBU used to be able to rake. They played in a small ballpark and always had 4 or 5 guys that could go yard at any time. We never played them, but I was very aware of them and their reputation.

3 hours ago, Undershooter said:

This may not be the case any more but DBU used to be able to rake. They played in a small ballpark and always had 4 or 5 guys that could go yard at any time. We never played them, but I was very aware of them and their reputation.

Still a good team year in and out. Not so much as of the last few years but still a force. Competitive in regionals every year.