TESTERS WANTED! ×

College Football

fozcycle

22 minutes ago, Hobert said:

Fingers-crossed that the Dawgs can beat Bama in the SEC Championship and keep them out of the playoff...

It won't happen, but I'd love to see an entire new mix of final 4 teams this year.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

It won't happen, but I'd love to see an entire new mix of final 4 teams this year.

Crushing my dreams of a fun playoff filled with new blood...😢

There is always the slim chance that Bo Nix blows up and Auburn stuns 'Bama in the Iron Bowl as well. I am hopeful for that second loss, some how, some way.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

2 minutes ago, Hobert said:

Crushing my dreams of a fun playoff filled with new blood...😢

There is always the slim chance that Bo Nix blows up and Auburn stuns 'Bama in the Iron Bowl as well. I am hopeful for that second loss, some how, some way.

I hear ya but the script is getting a bit long in the tooth.  Even a little bit more parity would be good.  Yea, Auburn is always looking to spoil the Tide's season.  47-37-1 is far from a sure thing.

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

No Michigan vs. ND on the schedule for years to come.  Too bad as I always loved this match-up.  We open next years campaign at Ohio State 😬. We host Ohio State in 2023. We get Sparty in 2027.  Host Alabama in the 2029 opener and then open at Alabama in 2030.  But, we open the 2033 season at Ann Arbor 👍.

I think it is too big of a game.

like I mentioned in my last post.  Bama can get away with scheduling South Eastern Bama Tech of the Bamaneers in week 8.  

why put a costly potential loss for either team on the schedule?

I would schedule something easy, if the SEC can get away with it, everyone else should be able to as well.

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I think it is too big of a game.

like I mentioned in my last post.  Bama can get away with scheduling South Eastern Bama Tech of the Bamaneers in week 8.  

why put a costly potential loss for either team on the schedule?

I would schedule something easy, if the SEC can get away with it, everyone else should be able to as well.

Yea, they shouldn't be able to though. Get all those cupcakes off the schedule for any major team. (yes I am aware of the huge financial implications for Southeastern Bama Tech showing up to get their heads kicked)

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I hope the CFP decides to punish Bama Georgia and anyone else who does it for scheduling cupcakes so late in the season sometime in the near future… while the rest of the conferences are deep in conference play. 

Nothing like a scrimmage right before key games.

For me, I don’t care when they play the cupcakes because they ALL schedule cupcakes. I think it’s brilliant of the SEC to put them a few weeks in to have some injuries heal. I like having to play in-conference right out of the gate because the very beginning of the season is when a team is least seasoned. Makes it tougher to stay ranked or even move-up that way. The Big Ten play the academies, regional universities, and 1AA folks at the beginning and they fly-up the rankings and get a benefit of looking really good even when they didn’t play anyone. Like Saban said, make everyone play 10 conference games. It would hurt the small schools, but put the money where the mouth is! When UofM and MSU play CMU/EMU/WMU/BALL STATE/UofMiami, and then the powerhouses like Vanderbilt early, they have what seems like more cupcakes than anyone else.

They all play them, so to me it’s moot WHEN they play them…

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 10/11/2021 at 11:57 AM, DiscipleofPenick said:

Yea, they shouldn't be able to though. Get all those cupcakes off the schedule for any major team. (yes I am aware of the huge financial implications for Southeastern Bama Tech showing up to get their heads kicked)

But they all do the cupcake/scrimmage games, so it's really no advantage.  There is a HUGE upside for the small programs monetary wise - like most of their revenue. And, of course, there is always the chance for an upset - which is a real potential playoff bid wrecker if they let one of those get away.  Toledo damn near stole one from ND this year 😬.  

On 10/10/2021 at 7:01 PM, fixyurdivot said:

It would not surprise me they lose at least one more game.

I'm going to wishfully say that I hope it's to my Trojans, but I know it won't be.  We are garbage this year.  The result of a long downward slide and six years of softness under Clay Helton.  All the talent in the world isn't going to help us when I see our starting left tackle getting blown off the line on every play because he stands straight up and doesn't keep his arms tight.  The fundamentals of this team are rotten.  Can't wait to see who we hire next year.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0211 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 56 Mid @55° -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

21 minutes ago, Syks7 said:

I'm going to wishfully say that I hope it's to my Trojans, but I know it won't be.  We are garbage this year.  The result of a long downward slide and six years of softness under Clay Helton.  All the talent in the world isn't going to help us when I see our starting left tackle getting blown off the line on every play because he stands straight up and doesn't keep his arms tight.  The fundamentals of this team are rotten.  Can't wait to see who we hire next year.

If Seattle keeps losing you might get Pete Carrol back.

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

If Seattle keeps losing you might get Pete Carrol back.

Wishful thinking.  Look, I will forever love Pete, but it's time for us to go in a different direction.  We've been trying to continue/build off the Pete Caroll era since he left and I think it's been much to our detriment.  The program was flashy and fun, but it's created a situation where we're now recruiting too many kids with too much ego, not enough work ethic, and no discipline.  We need a coach that can shift the culture and Pete isn't that guy anymore.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

Hybrids

Irons 

Wedges

Putter

Ball

5 minutes ago, Syks7 said:

Wishful thinking.  Look, I will forever love Pete, but it's time for us to go in a different direction.  We've been trying to continue/build off the Pete Caroll era since he left and I think it's been much to our detriment.  The program was flashy and fun, but it's created a situation where we're now recruiting too many kids with too much ego, not enough work ethic, and no discipline.  We need a coach that can shift the culture and Pete isn't that guy anymore.

The program was the Alabama of the west coast most of his tenure... just saying... but yea, I get your point. Hard to find candidates these days with all the long term, BIG $$$, contracts.  Maybe lure Chris Petersen back out from retirement.  His sudden departure from UW was odd and most say it had nothing to do with wanting to leave coaching.

Dawgs are 22.5 point favorites. Kentucky is getting no love from the oddsmakers. I hope they're wrong and this a competitive game. Not a ton of compelling matchups this week...

image.png.4ac43b0f071468d6ece8b3d4ad1a4f1c.png

Garmin S10

Kentucky has 3 Defensive starters out this week…..Next Man Up!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 10/12/2021 at 3:31 PM, fixyurdivot said:

But they all do the cupcake/scrimmage games, so it's really no advantage.  There is a HUGE upside for the small programs monetary wise - like most of their revenue. And, of course, there is always the chance for an upset - which is a real potential playoff bid wrecker if they let one of those get away.  Toledo damn near stole one from ND this year 😬.  

Candle really bungled that at the end, it was a great game to watch! As someone with no rooting interest I should say 😉

Looking forward to the 105th edition of Farmageddon between Iowa State and Kansas State. Was a blowout last year but KSU had a ton of players out with covid. I think Iowa State ends up winning by a couple scores but this game is usually close and they have been super inconsistent on offense.

• 2 weeks later...

Illinois and Iowa State wreaking a little havoc on the top 25 rankings.  Wake Forest and Army racking up 126 points 😲... that should make for a long Monday morning ass-chewing for both defensive squads.  And what in the heck has happened to Clemson?  I know TL was kind of their chains master-link during the recent run, but wow.

Will be interesting to see what changes happen in the polls and whether Cincinnati can hold onto the #2 spot.  

Good win today.  As far as Cinci goes this Trojan is hoping they can't hold onto that spot... or any in the top 5.   Fickell is at the top of my wish list even though it's a longshot.

Driver

Woods

Hybrids

Irons 

Wedges

Putter

Ball

Miami actually gutted out a win over a decent NC State team. That made my weekend. We have Pitt next who has looked solid as well.

Living in Winston-Salem, the excitement regarding Wake is all around and growing by the week. I think Cincy will win out and I think that should earn them a playoff spot, but we will see.  It would be pretty cool if both of these teams made it for some variety.

Garmin S10

Even though 5 ranked teams went down, I don't think the top 5 changes this week. The ACC & Pac 12 are both in the outside looking in, though Pitt & Oregon winning out can change that. Yes Pitt & not Wake. I would love some chaos at the top, even if it can be an argument against expanding the playoff, which needs to happen.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

It does seem as though we may finally get an "outsider" into the playoffs this year.  Perhaps just an aftermath of the Covid chaos, but definitely way more movement within most of the conferences. If Cincinnati runs the table and does not get in, that is going to create a ton of chatter and increased pressure for revising the playoff format.

Just think, Wisconsin can still win the big ten. Win out and surprise everyone against Osu. I know, a pipe dream. Need something to hold on to

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

3 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Just think, Wisconsin can still win the big ten. Win out and surprise everyone against Osu. I know, a pipe dream. Need something to hold on to

That would be a story.

UW's championship, no, make that their 2021 season, will hinge on handing Oregon their second loss of the season.  The PAC12 standings, more than any other conference, looks way different than typical.  It could just be parity across the league, but they have done a great job wrecking one another's seasons. If UW dosen't get it done, here's hoping Oregon State, Utah, Colorado, or WSU can get take down Team Nike.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:25 PM, Syks7 said:

I agree with you. Alabama pretty much tried to hire only Bryant disciples for decades, hit on one for a few years with Stallings but finally had to say “get the best guy possible with zero input from boosters” and lured Saban away. Rest is history as they say. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

I grew-up with parents and one sister that went to Michigan State. Season tickets for a few years in the late 70s, so I was always a Spartan fan. As I grew-up and didn’t go to State, I started giving grief to all of the “Wal Mart” UofM fans, along with Wal Mart fans for LSU, etc. That being said, I cannot believe that State pulled it off again. Down 30-13? Wow. Shocked. MSU is 11-4 vs UofM in the last 15 years, and kids in Michigan know State as the more dominant team. Crazy. Very different from my youth!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

I grew-up with parents and one sister that went to Michigan State. Season tickets for a few years in the late 70s, so I was always a Spartan fan. As I grew-up and didn’t go to State, I started giving grief to all of the “Wal Mart” UofM fans, along with Wal Mart fans for LSU, etc. That being said, I cannot believe that State pulled it off again. Down 30-13? Wow. Shocked. MSU is 11-4 vs UofM in the last 15 years, and kids in Michigan know State as the more dominant team. Crazy. Very different from my youth!

Yup, oddsmaker predictions are a crap shoot for many in state rivalry games.  Michigan State pulls the rabbit out of the hat again.

11 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yup, oddsmaker predictions are a crap shoot for many in state rivalry games.  Michigan State pulls the rabbit out of the hat again.

I was at the MSU-UM game today and it was crazy!  You’re right about rivalry games.  Especially this one.  Go green!

• :ping-small: G425 Max driver
  • :ping-small: G425 SFT 3 wood
  • :ping-small: G425 3 and 5 hybrid
  • :callaway-small:  B21 irons 6-PW
  • :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 48 and CBX2 52/58 Wedges
  • :odyssey-small: 2 ball Ten Tour lined
  • :bridgestone-small:Tour BX ball
  • :Arccos: Arccos Caddie with Apple Watch
  • :footjoy-small: Hyperflex shoes
  • :BagBoy: Chiller Hybrid Stand Bag

• 4 weeks later...

Odds are that Cincinnati gets past Houston, posting a perfect regular season.  They currently own the best record and are sitting at #4 behind two one-loss teams.  If they lose today, they'll drop like a rock. HUGE match-up's and potential shake-up's from todays games, but projections have Cincy playing Ohio State in the Cotton bowl.  Do you see it differently?

I'm so hoping they make it and break-up the party 👍.