Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

College Football

fozcycle

Wow, what a quality final 4 that was! 👏  Those games had fans on both sides sweating like a snitch at a mob dinner.  I really thought OSU was going to make that game winning field goal and complete the daily double upset.  Kirby & Co. will be studying the TCU/Michigan game film very close. Like Michigan, they will be expected to push the Horned Frogs s around, particularly late in the contest but we'll see.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Congratulations Georgia fans. That was a great game! My Buckeyes just didn't have quite enough to get it done. I came away with a whole new respect for C.J. Stroud. I never saw that kid play like that in two years. I might have to change my thoughts on him not being a good NFL QB. He showed guts and moxy that I didn't think he had.

Hopefully the championship game will as good!

Here's hoping the Dawgs are going to wrap this up tonight and repeat. I think they will.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

The Dawgs have been really dominating.  Hope they keep their heads in the game and keep the pressure up.  Like Kirby said, TCU has had good 3rd quarters. Go Dawgs!  

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 15.5° 3/F Baffler Rail F

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 21° 4 Hybrid

Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid 

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra Aero Jet 5 - PW, GW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Bag: 1622150773421.jpg.867df9e5987ee9b79cc36f4c70090b01.jpg Big Max 14.0 Hybrid

Ball: :titleist-small: Titleist Velocity

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

image.png.854d04125f56f5a4f970af70ea669ebc.png

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

How Bout Them Dawgs!!!

wincraft-georgia-bulldogs-college-footba

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Congratulations Georgia Fans!!  Kinda convincing win…….

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• 3 months later...

Spring games are happening all over the country! Anybody attended or attending your team's game? We have ours this weekend and will be making the trip down to see what year 2 under Clay Helton is going to look like. Being a donor and super involved with our Athletics, my nephew and I are getting a private tour of some of the new facilities after the game which should be a good time. I still don't think anything will top running out of the tunnel onto the field with the team a couple years ago, that was electric. It was such a different feeling than being in the stands or even on the sideline.

Ft8jX6laAAA7Zto.jpeg.7877f155c60b50037e3b4282c930fa26.jpeg

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

• 3 months later...

Anyone else trying to get all spooled up on the latest shuffle?  The PAC 12 is now the PAC 4.  What happens to some of the other sports programs (golf, swimming, soccer, etc.) under the conference realignments?  Count me among those who did not see this level of carnage for the PAC 12.

It's not over yet... well, maybe, we shall see.  This article is one of the better ones I've read on current happenings. I liked Chip Kelly's idea that all teams should be included and structure like the NFL (largely by region).  But that might force Notre Dame's hand, so maybe not such a good idea 😆.

UIaIOlTf9qdoqhVJ0iLGPiNHz6Ev9prLI=&risl=

On 8/5/2023 at 9:01 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Anyone else trying to get all spooled up on the latest shuffle?  The PAC 12 is now the PAC 4.  What happens to some of the other sports programs (golf, swimming, soccer, etc.) under the conference realignments?  Count me among those who did not see this level of carnage for the PAC 12.

It's not over yet... well, maybe, we shall see.  This article is one of the better ones I've read on current happenings. I liked Chip Kelly's idea that all teams should be included and structure like the NFL (largely by region).  But that might force Notre Dame's hand, so maybe not such a good idea 😆.

UIaIOlTf9qdoqhVJ0iLGPiNHz6Ev9prLI=&risl=

I think a lot of people are surprised that the Big 12 has found a way to survive, and probably thrive.  The Big 10 is still looking at more options and maybe no more additions this round but some think they are aiming at a size of 20 or maybe 24. It’s all about tv markets and more importantly viewership. The 4 remaining PAC12 schools have very poor attendance, comparable to MAC level.

Last years attendance:

- Washington St: 26,185

- Stanford: 29,965

- Oregon St: 31,498

- Cal: 38,596

Basketball:

- Washington St: 3,133

- Stanford: 2,360

- Oregon St: 3,666

- Cal 4,746

Not sure what if anything will force ND’s hand.  B1G has been after them for a long time, and the ACC could be in jeopardy with a really poor tv contract payout and only being saved by a huge GOR ($120M) until around 2035.  Don’t be surprised if a deal is cut to get a get a couple schools out.  Targets are UNC, Clemson, FSU, Miami.  FSU and Clemson want out and both have talked to the B1G.

The FSU president has publicly stated if they don’t get any more money from ESPN in the tv contract, they will leave. The AAC tv contract is set to pay $39M per school.  The new B1G contract is going to pay $70M/school and the SEC contract will pay $60M each. 

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

1 hour ago, GaryF said:

I think a lot of people are surprised that the Big 12 has found a way to survive, and probably thrive.  The Big 10 is still looking at more options and maybe no more additions this round but some think they are aiming at a size of 20 or maybe 24. It’s all about tv markets and more importantly viewership. The 4 remaining PAC12 schools have very poor attendance, comparable to MAC level.

Last years attendance:

- Washington St: 26,185

- Stanford: 29,965

- Oregon St: 31,498

- Cal: 38,596

Basketball:

- Washington St: 3,133

- Stanford: 2,360

- Oregon St: 3,666

- Cal 4,746

Not sure what if anything will force ND’s hand.  B1G has been after them for a long time, and the ACC could be in jeopardy with a really poor tv contract payout and only being saved by a huge GOR ($120M) until around 2035.  Don’t be surprised if a deal is cut to get a get a couple schools out.  Targets are UNC, Clemson, FSU, Miami.  FSU and Clemson want out and both have talked to the B1G.

The FSU president has publicly stated if they don’t get any more money from ESPN in the tv contract, they will leave. The AAC tv contract is set to pay $39M per school.  The new B1G contract is going to pay $70M/school and the SEC contract will pay $60M each. 

Crazy stuff for sure and hard to digest for many of us long time fans who grew up watching a completely different game.  The money in professional and college sports is just nutzballz.

33 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Crazy stuff for sure and hard to digest for many of us long time fans who grew up watching a completely different game.  The money in professional and college sports is just nutzballz.

I agree and it is crazy.  The game has changed and it’s because of money.  I don’t have any problem with the concept of NIL but the NCAA has been negligent and now powerless in being able to regulate its use.  It was never intended to be used as a recruiting tool and schools aren’t allowed to be part of the NIL process, but boosters and other groups have formed pools to entice prospects to go to their schools.  Texas A&M has found out first hand how first the appeal to attract, and the downfall that there are only so many starting spots, and mass transfers out as a result.  Then enter the tv networks that are driving the realignment.  Some predict a future of  2 major 24 team conferences - B1G and SEC, and they will brush aside the NCAA and provide their own governance. 

5-star UCLA QB recruit out of Detroit who just arrived on campus this summer is now dissatisfied with his NIL deal and whispering transfer.

The NCAA money maker is March madness and they don’t dare enforce rules for the likes of Dollar Bill Self.  

Edited by GaryF

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

• 4 weeks later...

Watching the Indiana State vs Indiana Hoosier snoozer 🥱.  My Irish looked great against St. Thomas Aquinas HS last week.  Some of these schedule matchups are reeeedeekulas.  

Ummm is that Tuscan Sam on Kansas’ Helmet lol

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Georgia for the repeat?

I gotta see a couple weeks before I make any bets on a champ.   My Hawkeyes looked great on the first 2 drives then decided to remind everyone that they are still a Ferentz offense lol

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Here's a good example of why the scribe of history matters.  How the hell do two teams that have played a total of 6 times have conflicting records 🤣.

33 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

I gotta see a couple weeks before I make any bets on a champ.   My Hawkeyes looked great on the first 2 drives then decided to remind everyone that they are still a Ferentz offense lol

Iowa has a QB this year.  McNamara is a decent QB and game manager and has his buddy Al to throw to.   Two years ago UM awarded him the Sept Heisman.  UM co-offensive coordinator was fired earlier this year after being arrested for illegal computer access, and some believe he was “doctoring” records concerning Al and his injury.  Too bad IA doesn’t play UM this year. 

10 hours ago, GaryF said:

Iowa has a QB this year.  McNamara is a decent QB and game manager and has his buddy Al to throw to.   Two years ago UM awarded him the Sept Heisman.  UM co-offensive coordinator was fired earlier this year after being arrested for illegal computer access, and some believe he was “doctoring” records concerning Al and his injury.  Too bad IA doesn’t play UM this year. 

Oh Cade is definitely different than any QB Iowa has had in a long time. Even the media has made comments about how he does thing differently than those before him. 

The problem is it is still a Ferentz offense.   There was a stat during the Iowa game that puts it into perspective. The bomb to Seth Anderson was the 1st season opening passing TD since 1993!

39 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Oh Cade is definitely different than any QB Iowa has had in a long time. Even the media has made comments about how he does thing differently than those before him. 

The problem is it is still a Ferentz offense.   There was a stat during the Iowa game that puts it into perspective. The bomb to Seth Anderson was the 1st season opening passing TD since 1993!

Well good luck with you season, except Sept 30.  Afraid my school (MSU) is in for another long season, but the younger kids starting to see the field are a cut above the last few years.  I think our future QB is a true freshman and doubtful he sees the field this year.  

Hoping my Ducks can pull it together this year. Need Bo-Dacious Nix to have a heisman year. 

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

THE Ohio State Buckeyes - 

Its been a rough few games for the offense, but when the Buckeyes lose a top 2 draft pick at QB and the current QB has probably had under 100 snaps in his career it can be a slow start. 

But we reload, we dont rebuild! We expect greatness in the state of Ohio!

KB

Cobra LS - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 7x

Cobra F9 3w- Fujikura Tour Spec 2.0 8x

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW

Taylormade Hi-Toe 50,54, 58 wedges 

Evnroll ER2

Ohio

6 handicap 

Tough time, again, to be a Spartan but elated to see Dantonio come back to clean up the mess.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, at least it wasn't decided on a questionable penalty call.  It may very well be the game of the season in terms of drama. Great win for the Buckeyes and a tough loss for ND fans.  

How bout those Ducks! Can’t wait to play the Huckin Fuskies in a couple weeks. 

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

On 8/12/2023 at 11:24 PM, GaryF said:

I agree and it is crazy.  The game has changed and it’s because of money.  I don’t have any problem with the concept of NIL but the NCAA has been negligent and now powerless in being able to regulate its use.  It was never intended to be used as a recruiting tool and schools aren’t allowed to be part of the NIL process, but boosters and other groups have formed pools to entice prospects to go to their schools.  Texas A&M has found out first hand how first the appeal to attract, and the downfall that there are only so many starting spots, and mass transfers out as a result.  Then enter the tv networks that are driving the realignment.  Some predict a future of  2 major 24 team conferences - B1G and SEC, and they will brush aside the NCAA and provide their own governance. 

5-star UCLA QB recruit out of Detroit who just arrived on campus this summer is now dissatisfied with his NIL deal and whispering transfer.

The NCAA money maker is March madness and they don’t dare enforce rules for the likes of Dollar Bill Self.  

Sports is a rather time-consuming hobby, and in order to gradually improve your grades, use the mysupergeek service. You can go to their website https://mysupergeek.com/psychology-assignment-help-service and learn more about how experts can help you.

The landscape of college sports, especially with the introduction of NIL (Name, Image, Likeness) rights for student-athletes, has indeed undergone significant changes. The use of NIL deals as a recruitment tool is a growing concern in college sports. Boosters and third-party groups have been eager to get involved in offering student-athletes financial incentives, and this has raised questions about fairness and compliance with NCAA rules. 

Edited by Isabel_Holmes

1 hour ago, Isabel_Holmes said:

The landscape of college sports, especially with the introduction of NIL (Name, Image, Likeness) rights for student-athletes, has indeed undergone significant changes. The use of NIL deals as a recruitment tool is a growing concern in college sports. Boosters and third-party groups have been eager to get involved in offering student-athletes financial incentives, and this has raised questions about fairness and compliance with NCAA rules. 

Welcome Isabel!  Lots of good content on this site and interesting conversation/threads, and the mods such as @GolfSpy TCB who do a great job of managing and I keeping the site fresh. 

• 3 weeks later...

Got home from golf yesterday afternoon and decided last minute to go to the Irish Wolfhound and watch the ND vs. USC game.  Every single monitor in the restaurant had this game on.  Had a couple of thin sliced prime rib sliders du jour, Guinness, and a hot pretzel.  

image.png.3497d48ac321973302afbc29b494c21e.png

Did you know there is correct way to pour Guinness?

image.png.b20f259553fc4511cf5f114c85fc83b4.png

After the debacle last week in Louisville, a great win for the Irish ☘️