TESTERS WANTED! ×

College Football

fozcycle

Well, it's finally time for the beginning of the College Football Season.......Who is your favorite Team?  Why? How many games will they win this year? Who will be the National Champion?

Use this thread to post your comments and follow your Teams.

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/football

My school is the University of Kentucky.  My Wildcats may be closer to the Bottom of the SEC than the Top, but they are still my Team.  I d believe they will finish 7 - 5 and get a Bowl bid.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Michigan Sate University

Its my favorite through good and bad times as I went to school there.  We are in some of the best times we have ever had.  Believe me there have been abundant bad times.

My heart says 12-0 and my head says 11-1. 

National champ?  Heart says MSU and my head says Alabama.  At least this year I think the heart has a chance!!

Nice thread Foz!

msu.jpg

WITB:
Driver Ping Anser 8.5 deg Diamana 'ahina X
3 Wood Adams LS Stock S or TM 14 deg MiniDriver stock S
Irons Ben Hogan FW 15 KBS Tour V S
Wedges Ben Hogan TK 15 KBS Tour V S
Putter Nike Method Concept
Launch Monitor: SkyTrak

Play Right-handed

I don't really have a college team. I went to high school with and one of brothers best friends is Matt Miller from the Bleacher Report so I just ask them what players I should watch and they never disappoint. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Go Ducks!!!!

We could be in for a tougher than usual year this season. Losing Marcus was difficult, but there are tons of weapons at all of the skill positions, and if Vernon Adams can fit right in at QB, then all will be right in the world.

I would like to think that the Men of Oregon go 12-1 this year, but in reality, more like 10-3 would be good.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Go Blue!!!

Although the did lose to a good Utah team on the road. They looked much better on defense, and still need to work on the turnovers, oh, and can you please make a good throw to your wide open receivers. Lois like it will be a better season, time will tell

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Go Beavs!  If Oregon loses a game, I hope it is to Oregon State.  The civil war is always a great game.

New coach and a lot of new players this year, so who knows!  I would like to think they will be above .500 and go to a bowl game.

As for #1... anybody but someone from the SEC.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Go Beavs!  If Oregon loses a game, I hope it is to Oregon State.  The civil war is always a great game.

New coach and a lot of new players this year, so who knows!  I would like to think they will be above .500 and go to a bowl game.

As for #1... anybody but someone from the SEC.

This NEVER gets old....   (Sorry Kenny)

https://youtu.be/wEiK1kyCrQo

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

maxresdefault.jpgTHE Ohio State Buckeyes.

Team looks good this year again. They're also my pick for the national champs. It'll be a tough season with the target on their backs for sure though.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Theoo several local high school teams would go undefeated with your schedule. Don't worry you'll be in the playoff, lol. Y'all's only worry should be if you have to go 4 deep at QB this year. Don't know if you have a 4th that can play the position lol

As for me, my heart resides in the Classic City, Athens GA. My Dawgs kick off at noon between the hedges tomorrow and I can't wait for the season to start. If I'm being honest, I see us going 10-2. We've got a rough stretch the month of October and I think we lose one of those games as well as dropping one to either Auburn of Georgia Tech. A QB is going to have to step up and win a game at some point for us this year and I don't know that there's one on the roster. I believe we'll win the SEC East and at the least play for the conference championship. All that on the back of the returning nasty OL and one of, if not the best, RB's in all of college football in heisman hopeful Nick Chubb. Our RB's are deep and our WR's are deep. The defense is in the second year under Jeremy Pruitt and after his first full recruiting cycle in which he brought in a lot of blue chip talent. I expect big things from our D and we'll have several freshman phenoms on the squad. 2 names to remember? Rico McGraw and Terry Godwin. Shaquery Wilson and Jayson Stanley are 2 more. How bout them Dawgs?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

This is for Rookie... I will confess that now that there is the start of a playoff I'm at least moderately interested in college football again. Get it to 8 teams and I would be all in.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

We get live college football on Fox and I love watching it.  Haven't adopted a team yet but in the NFL I follow the Patriots.  I love the athleticism and we have a few aussies playing mainly as kickers but Jarrod Hayne is doing ok for the 49ers.  There'snothing like watching a guy get crunched by a 275lb 6foot 13 inch dude travelling at light speed to get to him.

I watched the movie "The Blind Side" so I do have a soft spot for Ol Miss.

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

We get live college football on Fox and I love watching it.  Haven't adopted a team yet but in the NFL I follow the Patriots.  I love the athleticism and we have a few aussies playing mainly as kickers but Jarrod Hayne is doing ok for the 49ers.  There'snothing like watching a guy get crunched by a 275lb 6foot 13 inch dude travelling at light speed to get to him.

Don't... I'm from Mississippi and Ole miss fans are the most obnoxious arrogant people I've met in my life. I like Oxford but I can't help it, their fans think they are amazing and they are usually barely bowl elligible. Miss state fans are much more endearing.

I'm an Alabama fan. I'm actually here this weekend visiting family. I think Bama could be anywhere from Nat champs to 9-3 depending on QB play. Its ok everyone I understand that you now hate me lol

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Nah Under we don't hate ya, at least I don't.  I don't know enough about team or fan rivalries way over here.  I've rooted for teams for no other reason than I like the colours they wear.  College games and NFL games are such a spectacle I just love watching them whoever is playing.  Stupid question here but is it Bama that have the nick name the Crimson tide? *ducks head just in case*.  And is it true that Tennessee bury the bodies under the football field to study decay rates? :o

My Bag

Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.

We get live college football on Fox and I love watching it. Haven't adopted a team yet but in the NFL I follow the Patriots. I love the athleticism and we have a few aussies playing mainly as kickers but Jarrod Hayne is doing ok for the 49ers. There'snothing like watching a guy get crunched by a 275lb 6foot 13 inch dude travelling at light speed to get to him.

The Blind Side is no where close to an accurate depiction of Michael Oher's life. He hates the movie. Said nothing is close to what really happened. Sandra Bullock is smoking hot in that flick though.

Buddy of mine's cousin plays for Ole Piss. Laquon Treadwell is his name, I'm sure those here in the states know the name. He's the guy that had his leg broken gruesomely against Auburn last year fighting for the the to win. One of the better young wideouts in the college game

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Sandra Bullock is hot in whatever she plays in.  Didn't realise Ol Miss was so unpopular.  Well, go the Tigers then.  Must be a team called the Tigers everyone has a team called the Tigers some where ;)

My Bag

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit!  ;)

Nah Under we don't hate ya, at least I don't.  I don't know enough about team or fan rivalries way over here.  I've rooted for teams for no other reason than I like the colours they wear.  College games and NFL games are such a spectacle I just love watching them whoever is playing.  Stupid question here but is it Bama that have the nick name the Crimson tide? *ducks head just in case*.  And is it true that Tennessee bury the bodies under the football field to study decay rates? :o

Yes Alabama is the crimson tide. Not true about U of Tenn btw haha that is a good one though.

Double post

My team should be obvious.  I think they will win 10 games this year and win the Big Ten West.  I dont believe they are going to beat Alabama today but you never know.  With Bama having a young QB and trying to find their identity on offense, they have a chance if Bama struggles to move the ball.  We shall see.

As for who will win the national championship, its going to be either Ohio State or Michigan State.  I dont believe that any of the SEC, Pac-12 or Big 12 teams can beat whoever wins the Big Ten.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

And is it true that Tennessee bury the bodies under the football field to study decay rates? :o

Don't think it's under the field but yes they do have a body farm at UT

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Sandra Bullock is hot in whatever she plays in.  Didn't realise Ol Miss was so unpopular.  Well, go the Tigers then.  Must be a team called the Tigers everyone has a team called the Tigers some where ;)

To answer my own question there are apparently 45 teams in College Football that call themselves the "Tigers".  The only one I've really heard of is Clemson.  From memory they seem to get mentioned a lot on ESPN and are contenders at the end of the year.

My Bag

My team should be obvious.  I think they will win 10 games this year and win the Big Ten West.  I dont believe they are going to beat Alabama today but you never know.  With Bama having a young QB and trying to find their identity on offense, they have a chance if Bama struggles to move the ball.  We shall see.

As for who will win the national championship, its going to be either Ohio State or Michigan State.  I dont believe that any of the SEC, Pac-12 or Big 12 teams can beat whoever wins the Big Ten.

Hahahahahaha your a funny guy. OSU is the only team that has a shot out of the big 10. Big 10 is hot garbage with the only decent game on OSUs schedule being Mich st. which might go 9-3 at best in the SEC(being optimistic). The big 10 is miles behind the SEC and Pac 12. If you are calling OSU then fine but don't get cute.

Hail State! Hoping for a good year.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Hail State! Hoping for a good year.

They had me worried the first quarter but they pulled it out easy. Good for them.

Well, my Wildcats did get the Win! 40 to 33........haven't watched it yet cause I was camping with the family....30 of us!

Will be watching the game on DVR later tonight. but from the final score, looks like the Wildcats dropped the ball on the defensive side and let the Ragin Cajuns into the game late....it was 33 - 33 with 5 minutes left.

I hope your teams did well, except for badger......

Let's keep this going through the season. Post your thoughts about next weeks games and results.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Don't think it's under the field but yes they do have a body farm at UT

Not under the field, nope. Not buried anyway. I believe one wing of the department is under there though. And I think it's the one where they do autopsies on cadavers

In The Bag

Hahahahahaha your a funny guy. OSU is the only team that has a shot out of the big 10. Big 10 is hot garbage with the only decent game on OSUs schedule being Mich st. which might go 9-3 at best in the SEC(being optimistic). The big 10 is miles behind the SEC and Pac 12. If you are calling OSU then fine but don't get cute.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Penny for your deleted thoughts.