College Football

fozcycle

21 minutes ago, Syks7 said:

I'm going to wishfully say that I hope it's to my Trojans, but I know it won't be.  We are garbage this year.  The result of a long downward slide and six years of softness under Clay Helton.  All the talent in the world isn't going to help us when I see our starting left tackle getting blown off the line on every play because he stands straight up and doesn't keep his arms tight.  The fundamentals of this team are rotten.  Can't wait to see who we hire next year.

If Seattle keeps losing you might get Pete Carrol back.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

If Seattle keeps losing you might get Pete Carrol back.

Wishful thinking.  Look, I will forever love Pete, but it's time for us to go in a different direction.  We've been trying to continue/build off the Pete Caroll era since he left and I think it's been much to our detriment.  The program was flashy and fun, but it's created a situation where we're now recruiting too many kids with too much ego, not enough work ethic, and no discipline.  We need a coach that can shift the culture and Pete isn't that guy anymore.

• Like 1

:taylormade-small:  Driver: 2016 M2 -- Fujikara ventus red S (non velocore) 

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood RBZ Stage 2 -  Diamana Blue Board 63 G35t

:taylormade-small: 2 Hybrid RBZ Stage 2 -- Fujikara Speeder 70

:taylormade-small: RSI2 - 4I 20°, 5I 24° , 6I 27°, 7I 31°, 8I 35°, 9I 39°, PW 44°  -- True Temper Elevate Tour Stiff

:cleveland-small:Cleveland CBX2 48° & 54°-- TT Elevate Tour Stiff

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe 58° -- TT Elevate Tour Stiff

:bettinardi-small: Innovai 6.0 CTR

:srixon-small: Ball: Zstar XV

5 minutes ago, Syks7 said:

Wishful thinking.  Look, I will forever love Pete, but it's time for us to go in a different direction.  We've been trying to continue/build off the Pete Caroll era since he left and I think it's been much to our detriment.  The program was flashy and fun, but it's created a situation where we're now recruiting too many kids with too much ego, not enough work ethic, and no discipline.  We need a coach that can shift the culture and Pete isn't that guy anymore.

The program was the Alabama of the west coast most of his tenure... just saying... but yea, I get your point. Hard to find candidates these days with all the long term, BIG $$$, contracts.  Maybe lure Chris Petersen back out from retirement.  His sudden departure from UW was odd and most say it had nothing to do with wanting to leave coaching.

• Like 1

Dawgs are 22.5 point favorites. Kentucky is getting no love from the oddsmakers. I hope they're wrong and this a competitive game. Not a ton of compelling matchups this week...

image.png.4ac43b0f071468d6ece8b3d4ad1a4f1c.png

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)

:Sub70: 939X 4H

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm) / :odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft 

*Gaming these until I have enough consistency to get fitted.

Kentucky has 3 Defensive starters out this week…..Next Man Up!

• Sad 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*), 5-6W(20*) both w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft and Patriot 7W w/AccuLaunch 60 by Accuflex

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

On 10/12/2021 at 3:31 PM, fixyurdivot said:

But they all do the cupcake/scrimmage games, so it's really no advantage.  There is a HUGE upside for the small programs monetary wise - like most of their revenue. And, of course, there is always the chance for an upset - which is a real potential playoff bid wrecker if they let one of those get away.  Toledo damn near stole one from ND this year 😬.  

Candle really bungled that at the end, it was a great game to watch! As someone with no rooting interest I should say 😉

Looking forward to the 105th edition of Farmageddon between Iowa State and Kansas State. Was a blowout last year but KSU had a ton of players out with covid. I think Iowa State ends up winning by a couple scores but this game is usually close and they have been super inconsistent on offense.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Illinois and Iowa State wreaking a little havoc on the top 25 rankings.  Wake Forest and Army racking up 126 points 😲... that should make for a long Monday morning ass-chewing for both defensive squads.  And what in the heck has happened to Clemson?  I know TL was kind of their chains master-link during the recent run, but wow.

Will be interesting to see what changes happen in the polls and whether Cincinnati can hold onto the #2 spot.  

• Like 1

Good win today.  As far as Cinci goes this Trojan is hoping they can't hold onto that spot... or any in the top 5.   Fickell is at the top of my wish list even though it's a longshot.

• Like 1

:taylormade-small:  Driver: 2016 M2 -- Fujikara ventus red S (non velocore) 

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood RBZ Stage 2 -  Diamana Blue Board 63 G35t

:taylormade-small: 2 Hybrid RBZ Stage 2 -- Fujikara Speeder 70

:taylormade-small: RSI2 - 4I 20°, 5I 24° , 6I 27°, 7I 31°, 8I 35°, 9I 39°, PW 44°  -- True Temper Elevate Tour Stiff

:cleveland-small:Cleveland CBX2 48° & 54°-- TT Elevate Tour Stiff

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe 58° -- TT Elevate Tour Stiff

:bettinardi-small: Innovai 6.0 CTR

:srixon-small: Ball: Zstar XV

Miami actually gutted out a win over a decent NC State team. That made my weekend. We have Pitt next who has looked solid as well.

Living in Winston-Salem, the excitement regarding Wake is all around and growing by the week. I think Cincy will win out and I think that should earn them a playoff spot, but we will see.  It would be pretty cool if both of these teams made it for some variety.

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)

:Sub70: 939X 4H

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm) / :odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft 

*Gaming these until I have enough consistency to get fitted.

Even though 5 ranked teams went down, I don't think the top 5 changes this week. The ACC & Pac 12 are both in the outside looking in, though Pitt & Oregon winning out can change that. Yes Pitt & not Wake. I would love some chaos at the top, even if it can be an argument against expanding the playoff, which needs to happen.

• Like 1

Take Dead Aim

It does seem as though we may finally get an "outsider" into the playoffs this year.  Perhaps just an aftermath of the Covid chaos, but definitely way more movement within most of the conferences. If Cincinnati runs the table and does not get in, that is going to create a ton of chatter and increased pressure for revising the playoff format.

• Like 2

Just think, Wisconsin can still win the big ten. Win out and surprise everyone against Osu. I know, a pipe dream. Need something to hold on to

• Haha 2

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S 

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in :titelist-small: proV1 at some point)

3 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Just think, Wisconsin can still win the big ten. Win out and surprise everyone against Osu. I know, a pipe dream. Need something to hold on to

That would be a story.

UW's championship, no, make that their 2021 season, will hinge on handing Oregon their second loss of the season.  The PAC12 standings, more than any other conference, looks way different than typical.  It could just be parity across the league, but they have done a great job wrecking one another's seasons. If UW dosen't get it done, here's hoping Oregon State, Utah, Colorado, or WSU can get take down Team Nike.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:25 PM, Syks7 said:

I agree with you. Alabama pretty much tried to hire only Bryant disciples for decades, hit on one for a few years with Stallings but finally had to say “get the best guy possible with zero input from boosters” and lured Saban away. Rest is history as they say. 

I grew-up with parents and one sister that went to Michigan State. Season tickets for a few years in the late 70s, so I was always a Spartan fan. As I grew-up and didn’t go to State, I started giving grief to all of the “Wal Mart” UofM fans, along with Wal Mart fans for LSU, etc. That being said, I cannot believe that State pulled it off again. Down 30-13? Wow. Shocked. MSU is 11-4 vs UofM in the last 15 years, and kids in Michigan know State as the more dominant team. Crazy. Very different from my youth!

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

I grew-up with parents and one sister that went to Michigan State. Season tickets for a few years in the late 70s, so I was always a Spartan fan. As I grew-up and didn’t go to State, I started giving grief to all of the “Wal Mart” UofM fans, along with Wal Mart fans for LSU, etc. That being said, I cannot believe that State pulled it off again. Down 30-13? Wow. Shocked. MSU is 11-4 vs UofM in the last 15 years, and kids in Michigan know State as the more dominant team. Crazy. Very different from my youth!

Yup, oddsmaker predictions are a crap shoot for many in state rivalry games.  Michigan State pulls the rabbit out of the hat again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yup, oddsmaker predictions are a crap shoot for many in state rivalry games.  Michigan State pulls the rabbit out of the hat again.

I was at the MSU-UM game today and it was crazy!  You’re right about rivalry games.  Especially this one.  Go green!

• Love 1
  • :taylormade-small: M3 driver
  • :ping-small: G425 SFT 3 wood
  • :cobra-small: F-max 5 wood
  • :cobra-small: F9 5 hybrid
  • :callaway-small:  B21 irons 6-PW
  • :cleveland-small: CBX2 Wedges 52/58
  • :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 4 chipper
  • :taylormade-small: Ardmore 2 putter
  • :bridgestone-small:e12 soft golf balls
  • :Arccos: Arccos Caddie with Apple Watch
  • :footjoy-small: Hyperflex shoes

• 4 weeks later...

Odds are that Cincinnati gets past Houston, posting a perfect regular season.  They currently own the best record and are sitting at #4 behind two one-loss teams.  If they lose today, they'll drop like a rock. HUGE match-up's and potential shake-up's from todays games, but projections have Cincy playing Ohio State in the Cotton bowl.  Do you see it differently?

I'm so hoping they make it and break-up the party 👍.

• Like 1