fozcycle

College Football

My team should be obvious.  I think they will win 10 games this year and win the Big Ten West.  I dont believe they are going to beat Alabama today but you never know.  With Bama having a young QB and trying to find their identity on offense, they have a chance if Bama struggles to move the ball.  We shall see.

As for who will win the national championship, its going to be either Ohio State or Michigan State.  I dont believe that any of the SEC, Pac-12 or Big 12 teams can beat whoever wins the Big Ten.

• Like 1

And is it true that Tennessee bury the bodies under the football field to study decay rates? :o

Don't think it's under the field but yes they do have a body farm at UT

• Like 2

Sandra Bullock is hot in whatever she plays in.  Didn't realise Ol Miss was so unpopular.  Well, go the Tigers then.  Must be a team called the Tigers everyone has a team called the Tigers some where ;)

To answer my own question there are apparently 45 teams in College Football that call themselves the "Tigers".  The only one I've really heard of is Clemson.  From memory they seem to get mentioned a lot on ESPN and are contenders at the end of the year.

My team should be obvious.  I think they will win 10 games this year and win the Big Ten West.  I dont believe they are going to beat Alabama today but you never know.  With Bama having a young QB and trying to find their identity on offense, they have a chance if Bama struggles to move the ball.  We shall see.

As for who will win the national championship, its going to be either Ohio State or Michigan State.  I dont believe that any of the SEC, Pac-12 or Big 12 teams can beat whoever wins the Big Ten.

Hahahahahaha your a funny guy. OSU is the only team that has a shot out of the big 10. Big 10 is hot garbage with the only decent game on OSUs schedule being Mich st. which might go 9-3 at best in the SEC(being optimistic). The big 10 is miles behind the SEC and Pac 12. If you are calling OSU then fine but don't get cute.

Well, my Wildcats did get the Win! 40 to 33........haven't watched it yet cause I was camping with the family....30 of us!

Will be watching the game on DVR later tonight. but from the final score, looks like the Wildcats dropped the ball on the defensive side and let the Ragin Cajuns into the game late....it was 33 - 33 with 5 minutes left.

I hope your teams did well, except for badger......

Let's keep this going through the season. Post your thoughts about next weeks games and results.

• Like 2

Don't think it's under the field but yes they do have a body farm at UT

Not under the field, nope. Not buried anyway. I believe one wing of the department is under there though. And I think it's the one where they do autopsies on cadavers

• Like 1

Hahahahahaha your a funny guy. OSU is the only team that has a shot out of the big 10. Big 10 is hot garbage with the only decent game on OSUs schedule being Mich st. which might go 9-3 at best in the SEC(being optimistic). The big 10 is miles behind the SEC and Pac 12. If you are calling OSU then fine but don't get cute.

• Like 1

Penny for your deleted thoughts.

My Kentucky Wildcats open their SEC conference battles with South Carolina this weekend. 

Saturday, September 12, 7:30 PM on the SEC Network (SECN)
Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, South Carolina

usa-today-8784969.0.jpg

Penny for your deleted thoughts.

I think I was going to needle you a bit about Bowl Wins and such because I've heard a bunch about it up here in BIG10 country but did some research and it wasn't worth it. I don't really have a dog in the race so it's didn't matter if it wasn't a big discrepancy. 

• Like 1

I think I was going to needle you a bit about Bowl Wins and such because I've heard a bunch about it up here in BIG10 country but did some research and it wasn't worth it. I don't really have a dog in the race so it's didn't matter if it wasn't a big discrepancy.

Well, its true that the Big Ten had a great bowl season this past year - without a traditionally strong Michigan.  And that speaks for itself.  But so do the 10+ years of dumpster fires that came before it.  Its getting better, but its going to have to earn any respect it gets.  Ohio State has earned that.  I'm not 100% objective about it, but in my opinion, my Spartans have earned it - or are close to earning it.  They have beat some quality opponents in bowls over the last few years and have beat Ohio State (the only Big Ten team to do so post Urban). 

Right now, I think they deserve and can play to the ranking.  But it all gets proven on the field.  The nice thing about the playoffs is that if you make it you are going to have to beat two good opponents to win.  This weeds out teams that may have gotten there from a "weak" conference.

For this week  my Spartans have the Ducks.  The home team has won every meeting between these teams.  I hope this weekend is no exception.  On paper, it looks like a win, but I am concerned about how the secondary defends the ducks and I also question whether the defensive co-coordinators can adjust and match wits with the OC of Oregon.   Both of the areas I mentioned ought to be fine in the longer term, but they are light on experience now and a stiff test looms. Saturday.

• Like 1

I'm always down for a little ribbing so it woulda been no harm no fowl. And as for the bowl record, yes the SEC dragged ass last year and went 7-5. I knew they had a shot at having a down bowl season. There were alot of swing games. 

Ole Miss stood no shot against TCU without their best offensive player Treadwell out for the year.

I thought MSU would have a better showing against Georgia Tech but I guess losing their DC prior to the bowl game was a bigger hit than I thought.

Both LSU and Auburn lost nail biters. 

And of course who can forget Bama losing to OSU. It was a good game which OSU outplayed Bama. I may or may not have tried to wring Kiffin's neck through the TV in the 2nd half for his absolutely awful play calling. Henry was running through them like a hot knife through butter and they kept throwing the ball.

Anyway it was definitely a down bowl year for the SEC.  Hopefully this year will not be.

• Like 1

I've bitten the bullett and selected a college team to follow for the season.  I used a very scientific method to select my team - which one had the coolest logo :lol:  The lucky winners were Clemson with their wolf footprint.  I'm guessing it is a wolf footprint, something tells me I should have done more research and I'm going to get paid out on.  The good news is they won their first game so go you good thing.

Clemson!

I've bitten the bullett and selected a college team to follow for the season.  I used a very scientific method to select my team - which one had the coolest logo :lol:  The lucky winners were Clemson with their wolf footprint.  I'm guessing it is a wolf footprint, something tells me I should have done more research and I'm going to get paid out on.  The good news is they won their first game so go you good thing.

Clemson!

Its a tiger paw print.....

Thanks Theo, knew I shoulda researched it better,  Not much difference, wolf, Tiger whatever.  Sort of appropriate cause I said earlier in the thread there must be a team called the tigers.  I'm an aussie philistine I know, I know.  Go Clemson!

Thanks Theo, knew I shoulda researched it better,  Not much difference, wolf, Tiger whatever.  Sort of appropriate cause I said earlier in the thread there must be a team called the tigers.  I'm an aussie philistine I know, I know.  Go Clemson!

Shoulda joined the dark side and said Roll Tide! Lol We have an inordinanant amount of bandwagon fans so you woulda fit right in.

Shoulda joined the dark side and said Roll Tide! Lol We have an inordinanant amount of bandwagon fans so you woulda fit right in.

I did consider it Under but I couldn't bring myself to do it with the prospect of the whole bandwagon paradigm being thrown at me.  We have fans over here that change teams faster than they change under wear depending on who is winning.  Clemson are sort of middle of the road soooooo...

• Like 1

I did consider it Under but I couldn't bring myself to do it with the prospect of the whole bandwagon paradigm being thrown at me. We have fans over here that change teams faster than they change under wear depending on who is winning. Clemson are sort of middle of the road soooooo...

fair enough! The bandwagon Bama fans get old as it is.
  • Like 1