fozcycle

College Football

I am a big ten guy so I am biased, but when I look at the sec, after the top 2 teams, they are just as mediocre as any other conference, Alabama, then??? No one else is close same as the big ten, Ohio then ?? Out west you have Oregon then ??? Sure each conference has good teams in it, but these teams have been consistently good for a long time. The Sec is not superior to anything, 5 years ago you could say that, but right now it's very close. All the conferences beat each other up weekly, so if you can get through with only 1 loss or manage to go undefeated that's a great season and should go to the playoffs.

I am a big ten guy so I am biased, but when I look at the sec, after the top 2 teams, they are just as mediocre as any other conference, Alabama, then??? No one else is close same as the big ten, Ohio then ?? Out west you have Oregon then ??? Sure each conference has good teams in it, but these teams have been consistently good for a long time. The Sec is not superior to anything, 5 years ago you could say that, but right now it's very close. All the conferences beat each other up weekly, so if you can get through with only 1 loss or manage to go undefeated that's a great season and should go to the playoffs.

So you think the top 8 of the Big 10 compare favorably to the top 8 of the SEC?

So you think the top 8 of the Big 10 compare favorably to the top 8 of the SEC?

Once you get past the top 3 for each it's a wash, the SEC people always compare the other conferences against Alabama, we've seen over the past few years in bowl games that the big ten does in fact compare to the SEC since thu have put them against each other some of the best games in he bowls have been SEC vs Big Ten, I'm not saying that I would expect Minnesota to beat Georgia, but you wouldnt put Kentucky against Mich State either. If you were to put the top 8 from each conference 1-1, 2-2 and so on, I think in the end you would have some good match ups and it would probably end up 4 to 4.

As I said 5 years ago it was different, but the last couple years there are a few teams from the other conferences who have caught up with the top of the SEC. Alabama vs Ohio St., Mich state vs Georgia, Wisconsin vs Florida. I would love to see these match ups who wins doesn't matter, they would or should be good to watch.

The Big10 doesn't beat up on each other. OSU beats up on everyone and the rest outside MSU are mediocre at best. OSU is going undefeated against that weak schedule they have. They'd lose 2-3 in SEC conference play if they had to play that schedule every week. Anyone can prep for a month and play well but go through it year after year... Week after week... It's not close

• Like 2

Game of the weekend IMO is Oregon (7) at Michigan State (5).  I have thought about going -  but not sure yet.  Its an 8PM kickoff - night games are always rowdy at Spartan Stadium and ESPN College Gameday will be there.  Should be a fun and electric atmosphere. 

Hopefully MSU gets the "W" and its the perfect ending to a day that will start with my club's best golf event of the year.

• Like 2

I agree with Mike Z. That's the game of the week but another MSU has a good game as well.

Miss State plays LSU at MSU. Should be a good one.

Agree.  Upper half SEC matchups are usually entertaining games and its good to see league games this early in the season. 

Up here in Big Ten country we usually get to watch Big Ten U vs. Little Sisters of the Poor and Bloated Tech for the first few weeks of the season.

• Like 1

Once you get past the top 3 for each it's a wash, the SEC people always compare the other conferences against Alabama, we've seen over the past few years in bowl games that the big ten does in fact compare to the SEC since thu have put them against each other some of the best games in he bowls have been SEC vs Big Ten, I'm not saying that I would expect Minnesota to beat Georgia, but you wouldnt put Kentucky against Mich State either. If you were to put the top 8 from each conference 1-1, 2-2 and so on, I think in the end you would have some good match ups and it would probably end up 4 to 4.

As I said 5 years ago it was different, but the last couple years there are a few teams from the other conferences who have caught up with the top of the SEC. Alabama vs Ohio St., Mich state vs Georgia, Wisconsin vs Florida. I would love to see these match ups who wins doesn't matter, they would or should be good to watch.

Big 10 didn't even fair the best in their bowl games btw. It was the Pac 12 who did. Big 10 just had a couple signature wins. Big 10 went 5-5 in bowls last year.

We can wash OSU and Bama. Both top tier teams I give you that. You can even match up Mich st with the SEC #2. Its a stretch but let's say Wisconsin matches up to the SEC #3. After that there is nobody that can compete. There are 7 different teams who realistically have a shot at the SEC west this year. Imagine playing that schedule.

Agree.  Upper half SEC matchups are usually entertaining games and its good to see league games this early in the season. 

Up here in Big Ten country we usually get to watch Big Ten U vs. Little Sisters of the Poor and Bloated Tech for the first few weeks of the season.

Yea I like spreading out the big games.there has to be at least 1 good in conference game every week.

ill end the argument before it starts.

No argument to be had my friend. Just a discussion. I said nothing that was false. SEC had an awful bowl season and went 7-5, big 10 a good one and went 5-5.

This year there are 10 teams in the SEC in the top 25 and 2 big 10 teams in the top 25(although both are top 10).

I wish your team luck this year Kor. I like talking football. I don't get mad unless it's Danny Kenell's dumb ass. Even then it's just cause he is a troll.

No argument to be had my friend. Just a discussion. I said nothing that was false. SEC had an awful bowl season and went 7-5, big 10 a good one and went 5-5.

This year there are 10 teams in the SEC in the top 25 and 2 big 10 teams in the top 25(although both are top 10).

I wish your team luck this year Kor. I like talking football. I don't get mad unless it's Danny Kenell's dumb ass. Even then it's just cause he is a troll.

I live right here in SEC country., so I have to listen to all the greatness that is SEC all year. I really am glad for the playoff system, it needs to expand a couple teams, but 4 is a good start. We at least get somewhat of a true champion, and we get 3 extremely good bowl games to watch.

I live right here in SEC country., so I have to listen to all the greatness that is SEC all year. I really am glad for the playoff system, it needs to expand a couple teams, but 4 is a good start. We at least get somewhat of a true champion, and we get 3 extremely good bowl games to watch.

I don't disagree. OSU won last year and they were deserving. I'm not knocking that.

I also think the system should take at least 6 teams. 8 in a perfect world. I Also think that if they do that they should cut down the regular season. Maybe just 1 game but still, the athletes will get worn down otherwise.

Edit: I'm sorry you have to listen to SEC fans but most media is not southern driven. We have had to listen to much worse for a long time. The SEC had to absolutely dominate college FB like nobody has in recent history to get where it is right now.

Its a big football weekend coming up.  OSU vs. Michigan... Oh sorry, I should have said Oregon State University vs. Michigan; out west we are OSU.  However, this could be a bad game for the Beavs.  They won last week, but have a new coach and young players that haven't really played much.  Couple that with Michigan losing last week, and being at home, I just hope OSU can hold their own. But who knows, we could be 2-0.

As for MSU and Oregon, I have to root for anybody who plays against the Ducks.  Sorry Mmmmmbuddy!    Also, I have to like any team named the Spartans, because my High School team were Spartans.  The Ducks can put up a lot of points, but their defense sucks worse than usual.  I think this year the Ducks are going to lose a few games against teams that can also put up points.  They should drop fairly soon from the rankings; probably a top 20 team this year.

• Like 1

A few. J state should have won, a shanked punt, and the obvious holding on another touchdown that wasn't called. 2 plays, I like the underdogs winning. There's another 2 games on the same path today, nd vs Virginia, and Toledo vs Arkansas